Bellazon

Ronaldo Lima
Thumbnail

Ronaldo: 'I am happy at Milan'

Ronaldo has told Spanish daily, 'As': 'I have been given the chance to play at Milan and to feel like a professional. I have worked at Milan like no other place, there is no comparison. Milan does everything to get you 100%. In the Milan Lab, the laboratory of the club, the players follow a daily programme. The fitness tests take place each day and are directed to get the players in top shape.'

Zidane and Ronaldo line-up against each other in UN match

PARIS, March 16 (Reuters) - Former Real Madrid team mates Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo will captain teams against each other on Monday in an exhibition match aimed at mobilising the public in the fight against poverty.

Zidane, the former France captain who was born in a Marseille district and retired after France's defeat by Italy in last year's World Cup final, and Brazil striker Ronaldo, who now plays for AC Milan, will lead their selections in the fourth "Match against Poverty", organisers said. Zidane and Ronaldo, who played alongside each other for Real Madrid for several seasons, are both goodwill ambassadors for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), which organises the event at Marseille's Velodrome Stadium. Each have invited a number of players for the match, entitled Ronaldo and Friends versus Zidane and Friends.

Among Zidane's guests are compatriot William Gallas and Robert Pires while Ronaldo's team includes fellow Brazilians Rivaldo and Robinho.

The match is the second high profile friendly for good causes in a week following Manchester United's match against a European Select XI at Old Trafford last Tuesday which raised money for children's charities.

Ronaldo makes Ronaldinho call

Ronaldo has urged Brazilian international teammate Ronaldinho to join him at Milan next season.

The Barcelona star is a known Rossoneri transfer objective and reports are gathering pace that ‘Dinho is on the verge of what would be a sensational switch.

“Ronaldinho is a friend of mine and I would be happy to have him here,” said Ronaldo in an interview to AS.

“I am sure he would like it at Milan and he would adapt well to the club’s way of working,” added the former Real Madrid man.

“I haven’t spoken to him personally, but I know that both [President] Silvio Berlusconi and [Vice-President] Adriano Galliani have stated that Milan would be in pole position if Ronaldinho were to leave Barcelona.”

Ronaldinho’s brother and agent Roberto Assis was in Milan on Tuesday and met Rossoneri officials, fuelling speculation that the player might be close to moving to Italy.

“Nothing has changed between us and Barcelona, the relationship remains excellent,” noted Assis. “Everyone knows that I was in Italy, but only to talk about Ricardo Oliveira.”

Meanwhile, Ronaldo has dismissed speculation that Kaka could consider a move at the end of the season to Real Madrid.

“I think that transfer would be impossible,” noted the former Barcelona star.

MILAN-ATALANTA

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Oddo, Simic;

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.