Bellazon

Ronaldo Lima
Thumbnail

RONALDO THINKING SHORT-TERM

Brazil striker Ronaldo claims he is not even thinking about the 2010 World Cup just yet.

The Real Madrid forward is in Rio de Janeiro for the Christmas and New Year break, and the next World Cup in South Africa is the last thing on his mind.

"I'm thinking only short-term goals at the moment," he told GloboEsporte.com. "I cannot even think that far ahead. I am not thinking about 2010, but hope to just go on playing until I do not feel pleasure any more."

Ronaldo has been out of the national team since Brazil's elimination at the quarter-final stage of the World Cup earlier this year.

New coach Dunga has opted not to include him in any of his post-Germany squads, but the 30-year-old expects 2007 to be totally different in the yellow and blue.

"I aim to be always fit and healthy, and not be injured," he added. "I hope this new year will be different and calmer than the one that is finishing."

RONALDO THINKING SHORT-TERM

Brazil striker Ronaldo claims he is not even thinking about the 2010 World Cup just yet.

The Real Madrid forward is in Rio de Janeiro for the Christmas and New Year break, and the next World Cup in South Africa is the last thing on his mind.

"I'm thinking only short-term goals at the moment," he told GloboEsporte.com. "I cannot even think that far ahead. I am not thinking about 2010, but hope to just go on playing until I do not feel pleasure any more."

Ronaldo has been out of the national team since Brazil's elimination at the quarter-final stage of the World Cup earlier this year.

New coach Dunga has opted not to include him in any of his post-Germany squads, but the 30-year-old expects 2007 to be totally different in the yellow and blue.

"I aim to be always fit and healthy, and not be injured," he added. "I hope this new year will be different and calmer than the one that is finishing."

fascinating..

ahahhaha! that would be cool if Adriana & Ronnie were cousins, but she's too beautiful to be in ronaldo's family. no offence to ronnie though, he's not bad looking just isn't in the same league as Adriana. But still a great footballer. :p

Training pic

Ronaldo & Helguera

1eb367helgueraronaldo288p.jpg

g0102ue0.jpg

CALDERON GIVES BACKING TO RONALDO

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon insists Ronaldo can bring the Champions League crown back to the Bernabeu.

The Brazil striker has struggled with injury this season but has shown flashes of the kind of form which saw him win three FIFA World Player of the Year awards, in 1996, 1997 and 2002.

And Calderon has backed the former Barcelona and Internazionale star to help Real land the prize continental crown for the first time since 2002.

Calderon told Marca: "He is an exceptional player and we hope he can get 15-20 goals between now and the end of the season.

"He is the type of player who can give us the edge in a competition like the Champions League with his quality."

Critics still point to Ronaldo's work ethic but Calderon insists there are no problems on that score.

He added: "When I went to the FIFA gala I spoke to Ronaldo and he has assured me of his motivation. Now he must demonstrate this on the field."