Bellazon

Ronaldo Lima
Thumbnail

Ronaldo in transvestite probe

Police are investigating allegations by three transvestites that Brazilian star and Milan forward Ronaldo threatened to harm them after he took them to a Rio de Janeiro motel.

Police said they were also looking into an accusation by the 31-year-old that one of the three men tried to extort 50,000 reais (£14,900) in return for not telling the media about the incident.

Ronaldo, who is back in his hometown recovering from a knee injury, left a nightclub in the upmarket Barra da Tijuca neighbourhood early on Monday with three call girls, only to find out at the motel they were men, according to authorities.

He then offered each of them 1,000 reais to wrap up the matter, but only two of them accepted his offer, police said.

"I have to check both sides of the story, the transvestites' version and Ronaldo's," said Carlos Augusto Nogueira, chief of the police precinct investigating the incident.

"Ronaldo said he is not good in the head and that he is going through psychological problems because of his recent surgery," he said.

In a statement, Ronaldo said he was a victim of extortion and would take all possible steps to clear his name.

Representatives for Ronaldo were not immediately available for comment.

The three-time World Player of the Year suffered a career-threatening knee injury in February in a match against Livorno. Ronaldo suffered a similar injury in his right knee when playing for Internazionale in 2000.

Video link from Eurosport.co.uk

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29042008/58/...tite-probe.html

Ronaldo: I Was Extorted By Them

Crocked Milan star Ronaldo has stated on his official website that he was the victim in the sex scandal involving three Brazilian transvestites.

Ronaldo hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons yesterday when it was reported that he had had an altercation with three transvestites in a motel on Sunday night.

One of the three men, Andre Albertino, has accused Ronaldo of taking cocaine with him in a motel in Rio De Janeiro before receiving payment for sex acts.

Ronaldo has told police that he picked up the three transvestites, in the belief that they were female prostitutes, and did not realise they were transvestites until they got to the motel.

The striker has accused one of the transvestites of trying to extort him, and said that after he offered to pay the transvestites anyway, one of them allegedly asked for $30,000 to hide the story from the media.

“There are no accusations for Ronaldo to answer,” read a statement on Ronaldo's official website.

“An active supporter of social causes, he has never used drugs and is an idol to youngsters all over the world.

"All the evidence points to a case of extortion with Ronaldo as the victim.”

The news is said to have hit Ronaldo hard, and as he waited to offer his statement to the police, he repeatedly stated: “This could end my career."

The 31-year-old is in Brazil as he continues his recovery from a horrific knee injury sustained against Livorno in February.

Transvestite: Ronaldo Is Lying

The transvestite in the centre of the Ronaldo sex scandal has denied claims that he attempted to extort money from the striker.

Ronaldo hit the headlines yesterday when it was reported that he had had an encounter with three transvestites in a motel last Sunday night.

The 31-year-old told police that he picked up the three transvestites, believing that they were female prostitutes, and did not realise they were transvestites until they got to the motel.

Ronaldo also accused one of the transvestites, Andreia Albertini, of trying to extort him, with Albertini allegedly asking for $30,000 to buy a house in exchange for hiding the story from the media.

The transvestite has now hit back at these claims. "I have never asked him for money to buy a house,” Albertini said.

“Ronaldo begged me not to ruin his career and asked me if 50,000 reais would shut my mouth."

The transvestite also explained how he came to meet Ronaldo.

"It was about 4.20 in the morning on Monday. He was in his car and called me to enter,” he noted.

"He told me he was in a hurry because he could not allow himself to be recognised. When I got into the car, I didn't realise it was him.

"I have already had some dates with famous people and I haven't had any problems. They have always paid me. Ronaldo just wanted to make this situation scandalous."

Ronaldo To Lose Nike Deal And Girlfriend?

Ronaldo may end up losing his girlfriend as well as his sponsorship deal with Nike following the transvestite scandal.

The striker has made headlines worldwide when transvestite Andre Albertini claimed that he took cocaine with the superstar before indulging in private acts.

Ronaldo has denied the reports and he has alleged that he was a victim of a planned extortion where Albertini ordered him to pay £12,000 or he would tell the world’s media.

Reports have now suggested that the former world player of the year could see his career end in tatters and this time it’s not down to his wobbly knees.

A statement on the player’s official website reads:

“An active supporter of social causes, he has never used drugs and is an idol to youngsters all over the world. All the evidence points to a case of extortion with Ronaldo as the victim.”

Brazilian newspaper ‘Extra’ believe that Nike are willing to terminate Ronaldo's lucrative sponsorship deal as a result of his antics in Brazil and it would seem likely given that the striker has been seen as a role model to so many young idols.

Ronaldo’s deal with the American sportswear giant is worth around £100 million, but his foul behaviour in a Rio De Janiero motel could end up costing him more than he bargained for.

It is also reported that Ronaldo’s girlfriend Maria Beatriz has left their apartment in Rio de Janeiro and is heading home to her family in Brasilia. Ronaldo became famous for scoring on the pitch rather than off it and this latest incident could see his career be well and truly over, and this, after he showed such promising signs of recovering from his devastating injury.

Ronaldo: Transvestite Won’t Cost Me My Sponsor

Ronaldo has denied reports that his altercation with three Brazilian transvestites could cost him various sponsorship deals.

The striker hit the headlines on Tuesday when it was reported that he had had an encounter with three transvestites in a motel in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday night.

Ronaldo seemingly picked up the three men, believing that they were female prostitutes, and did not realise they were transvestites until they got to the motel.

One of the transvestites, Andreia Albertini, also allegedly attempted to extort Ronaldo, asking for $30,000 to buy a house in exchange for hiding the story from the media.

It has been reported that as a result of this altercation, Nike may decide to terminate Ronaldo's lucrative sponsorship deal, while Italian telecommunications company TIM, Brazilian beer brand Brahma and banking group Santander may do the same.

A statement on Ronaldo’s official website denies this is the case:

"The recent events involving Ronaldo are entirely of personal nature and do not in any way jeopardise any promotional deals, nor does it give rise to circumstances in which parties with whom he has contractual responsibilities have the right to rescind any deals."

Ronaldo's agent Fabiano Farah has furthered this statement up.

"What happened is not a legal matter,” he said.

"Decisions of this nature [the rescinding of contractual agreements] are not within the remit of those who have legal contracts with Ronaldo.

"His contractual agreements do not provide scope for that sort of decision, and could only be rendered null and void if Ronaldo were found guilty of something.

"But he has committed no crime, and has broken no law. On the contrary, he is the victim in this case."

Ronaldo is still in Brazili, as he continues his recovery from the horrific knee injury he suffered against Livorno in February.

AC Milan's Ronaldo: I'm innocent!

AC Milan striker Ronaldo has defended himself over an extortion saga played out in Brazil.

Ronaldo's name was splashed all over Brazil's newspapers when transvestite Andre Albertini claimed in the Folhe de Sao Paulo that he took cocaine with the marksman in a hotel in Rio De Janeiro before receiving payment for sex acts.

However, Ronaldo claims he was the victim of an attempt at extortion and that he refused to pay Albertini £12,000 to stop him fabricating the story for the Press.

"There are no accusations for Ronaldo to answer," a statement on El Fenomeno's website reads.

"An active supporter of social causes, he has never used drugs and is an idol to youngsters all over the world. All the evidence points to a case of extortion with Ronaldo as the victim."