Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Bar Refaeli in Burning Plane Photo Shoot in South Iceland

Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli participated in a photo shoot for the German modeling reality show Million Dollar Shooting Star in Iceland last summer, where the wreck of an old Douglas DC-3 U.S. military airplane appeared to have been set on fire on Sólheimasandur. The episode was aired on Sat 1 last night.

The show, which draws inspiration from the Top Model reality shows, sends models to five countries around the globe. One drops out after each episode and the winner is presented with USD 1 million (EUR 765,000, ISK 125 million), visir.is reports.

Refaeli is the show’s presenter. While shooting in Iceland, she met Iceland’s First Lady Dorrit Moussaieff, who also originates from Israel.

Refaeli had visited the country once before, when she accompanied her ex Leonardo DiCaprio on his Vanity Fair photo shoot in 2007.

The Million Dollar Shooting Star traveled widely while in Iceland. Film production company Republik was responsible for the filming, in which a crew of around 100 people was involved.

Icelandic landscapes featured strongly in the photo shoots, which took place at the geothermal area Geysir and in Þórsmörk nature reserve, among other locations.

The wreck of the Douglas DC-3 airplane on Sólheimasandur has been lying on the shore for decades, ever since it crashed after running out of fuel during supply transport over South Iceland in 1977.

Republik stressed that the wreck wasn’t actually set on fire—it was created through the use of special effects—and that it was left in the same condition as before the photo shoot. Land owners and the owners of the wreck had authorized the project beforehand.

http://www.icelandre...95973.news.aspx

Thanks Victoria for the great wallpapers and thank you also domino for the link to the assorted ones. I've always loved this particular classy, elegant and sophisticated photo of Bar.

bigmax, what a precious picture of Bar with her girlfriends. Is it a new one?

To all our Jewish friends and Bar fans

682397.jpg Happy-Hanukkah-Messages.jpg

I haven't commented on this because i don't want to sound like a bitch. I love Bar, i really do ... But why on earth did she decide to this Cinderella thing? I just don't get it, i hope she's either getting a whole lot of money or she's doing some huge charity. Honestly I feel like in the past year & a half her career has faded a lot, I wish she either got her shit together as a model (as in starting to work for relevant brands/magazines) or focus on actual relevant acting jobs.

I've always been a fan & will always support her on whatever she decides to do but lately her career choices aren't that great IMO.

I haven't commented on this because i don't want to sound like a bitch. I love Bar, i really do ... But why on earth did she decide to this Cinderella thing? I just don't get it, i hope she's either getting a whole lot of money or she's doing some huge charity. Honestly I feel like in the past year & a half her career has faded a lot, I wish she either got her shit together as a model (as in starting to work for relevant brands/magazines) or focus on actual relevant acting jobs.

I've always been a fan & will always support her on whatever she decides to do but lately her career choices aren't that great IMO.