Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

So Bar is becoming more and more of an invester! Thanks domino ;)

Bar Refaeli invests insmartphone payment co MyCheck

Refaeli, together with the Saban, Wertheimer, and Elroi families have invested $1.7 million in the company.

Bar Refaeli has invested in smartphone payment app developer MyCheck Ltd. as the company tries to enter the field with high profile investors, after completing an 18-month pilot. The Saban, Wertheimer, and Elroi families, together with Refaeli, invested $1.7 million in theventure. MyCheck's concept is that there is no need for an embedded chip in smartphones to make payments, which are carried out by an application. The user downloads the app, and receives a new random four-digit code which he presents at the point of sale. The user pays the bill, including a tip, directly via the app.

The app makes the payment by one of three ways: inputting credit card details, via a PayPal account, or fast payment for Pango customers without the need for a credit card.

"The investment in MyCheck suits me both personally and business-wise," said Bar Refaeli. "The app is like a glove. All my activities are by smartphone, from Twitter to Instagram and keeping in contact with my family and friends around the world. Now my payment experience will be mobile."

Refaeli is a partner in other start-ups. A year ago, she co-founded underwear brand Under.me with David Balsar.

MyCheck is already accepted by the CafeCafe cafe chain, Sonol Israel Ltd. gas stations and convenience stores, and has a cooperation agreement with the Tempo Beer Industries Ltd. (TASE: TMPO) customer club, offering a free bottle of Goldstar beer with purchases and other benefits.

MyCheck is available for iPhones and Google Android-powered smartphones, and the company is considering developing a version for Microsoft Windows Phone. The company is also launchingsimultaneously in London and New York.

http://www.globes.co...782107&fid=1725

MyCheck Presents The International Launch Campaign Starring Supermodel Bar Refaeli - From PR Newswire, Sept. 4, 2012

MyCheck is excited to announce the launch of their international marketing campaign starring super-model Bar Refaeli. Bar is best known for her appearance as the cover model of the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and as #1 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 list of 2012. The campaign is aimed at supporting the company's entry into the US and UK markets.

To promote the launch into these markets, Bar Refaeli, who is also a MyCheck business investor, stars in a commercial directed by creative genius Vania Heymann, who has become an internet phenomenon in Israel with a series of highly viral videos on the Israeli web.

The commercial tells the story of a dedicated waiter, Roy Kafri, who wants to woo Bar Refaeli. The waiter patiently waits for her to finish the meal before he makes his move, but things take an unexpected turn when Bar leaves the restaurant after paying for her bill through the MyCheck app.

In addition to the commercial, a Facebook timeline campaign provides screenshots of the video in a comic strip style and can be viewed at the company's US web site at https://mycheckapp.com/comingsoon/

"The investment in MyCheck is right for me on a business as well as personal level. MyCheck is made especially for someone like me who lives an independent life in the fast lane. The app fits like a glove. I am always on my smartphone, with Twitter and Instagram to maintain contact with family and friends around the world. Now I get to use it for mobile payment," Bar Refaeli stated.

Refaeli continued, "I enjoyed working on the MyCheck commercial. It was one of the funniest experiences of my life and I hope viewers around the world will enjoy watching it as well."

Tal Zvi Nathanel, MyCheck US CEO, states that he is "extremely thrilled to have the beautiful Bar Refaeli showcase the latest MyCheck marketing campaign. Bar personifies the MyCheck brand with her talent, class and reach."

About MyCheck

MyCheck is one of Israel's hottest startups, having won second place in the Mobile Tech 2012 competition. The company has developed a revolutionary technology and seamless solution that provides consumers a fast, efficient, cost-effective and more convenient alternative to making payments with their mobile devices. The MyCheck app also provides significant added value to merchants and businesses. MyCheck is currently accepted at more than 400 merchants in Israel including Cafe Cafe, the largest cafe chain, Sonol Gas Company, one of the main gas station chains, and Pango, the electronic parking system that currently has more than 650,000 users.

MyCheck is launching into the US Market with a closed 20-merchant pilot representing some of the most established and well-known venues in the New York City hospitality scene. Some of the merchants participating in the pilot are Fatty Crew Hospitality Group, Latitude Bar and Grill, Mad Hatter Saloon & Beer Garden, RYU, Sala One Nine, Slightly Oliver Gastropub, Stand Up NY Comedy Club, Tenth Rail Lounge and Sports Bar and Tolani Wine Restaurant.

http://www.itnewsonl...?storyid=231974