Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Women's group slams Cellcom for sending revealing Bar Refaeli photos

The Women's International Zionist Organization yesterday sent mobile phone operator Cellcom a letter harshly criticizing the company for sending revealing photographs of model Bar Refaeli to its commercial clients as part of an advertising campaign.

The letter was sent by the chairwoman of WIZO Israel's Department for the Advancement and Status of Women, Gila Oshrat, and department director Ronit Ehrenfreund Cohen, to Cellcom CEO Amos Shapira. It came in the wake of a text message sent to Cellcom subscribers, including WIZO, offering special features for their mobile devices. Attached to the text message was a photograph of Refaeli in a revealing bathing suit, taken from the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition which featured the Israeli model and actress.

"Drawing a comparison between a women's body and an innovative service for mobile phone customers sends a negative and damaging social message," Oshrat and Ehrenfreund Cohen wrote in their letter to Shapira. "This is a classic, if not cliched, example of the way a commercial company chooses to make use of the female body with no connection to the product being promoted."

Last year WIZO conducted a public campaign against sexist advertising. It awarded the "mark of shame prize" to the Eden Springs mineral water bottler for a commercial featuring Refaeli that used the tag line, "The bar you always wanted at home." Cellcom was among other companies cited for sexist ads. In yesterday's letter, the WIZO officials remarked that Cellcom might win first prize in this year's campaign.

Cellcom issued the following response yesterday to Haaretz: "We apologize. The manner in which the text message was sent contradicts company policy, and the message was sent to a very small number of customers. We thank WIZO for coming to us. We have tightened up our procedures to prevent a recurrence of this kind of mistake."

450_SI1_090210.jpg

Kerri Lynn - I'm sure those twitter/facebook pages are fake cause a lot of the comments dont fit the photo but its curious how they got a lot of the personal pics.

that's what a wonder everytime. I mean not on facebook cause I follow the fan thing.

But is that about the user bbrefaeli on twitter? cause they always post like saying it's her... and well,certainly it's fake. they a lot of crapy thing.

I think I just follow it because of the pics that i'd love to find by myself hahahhaa

Kerri Lynn - I'm sure those twitter/facebook pages are fake cause a lot of the comments dont fit the photo but its curious how they got a lot of the personal pics.

that's what a wonder everytime. I mean not on facebook cause I follow the fan thing.

But is that about the user bbrefaeli on twitter? cause they always post like saying it's her... and well,certainly it's fake. they a lot of crapy thing.

I think I just follow it because of the pics that i'd love to find by myself hahahhaa

Besides, didn't Bar mention in the interview ADI posted for us that she is not interested in twitting... she does go on Facebook but between you and me, do you honestly think she'd post and share razzi pictures? No. And the person who pretends to be Bar on Twitter or Facebook is probably someone who knows her or has contacts with someone who has pictures of Bar. Some comments coming from that impostor are almost grotesque and totally ridiculous. :blink:

Besides, didn't Bar mention in the interview ADI posted for us that she is not interested in twitting... she does go on Facebook but between you and me, do you honestly think she'd post and share razzi pictures? No. And the person who pretends to be Bar on Twitter or Facebook is probably someone who knows her or has contacts with someone who has pictures of Bar. Some comments coming from that impostor are almost grotesque and totally ridiculous. :blink:

Totally... I never saw the facebook one besides the fan thing... is the same as twitter pretending to be her?

Cause yeah, probably is someone with some "source"... that's stupid...

I hate that. But well... that's why i dont believe in everything I see or every interview. there's ALWAYS trashy things... and until you don't have the real source, with NAMES or picture... it can be fake...

What kind of things were almost grotesque?? I just read comments that were innocuous and hi hi stuff - looks like a lot of people pretending to be famous people..like they have Brooklyn Decker conversing with Bar on that twitter site but am sure that's all fake. It's surprising how so many people fall for that though..believing that it is real. :blink:

What kind of things were almost grotesque?? I just read comments that were innocuous and hi hi stuff - looks like a lot of people pretending to be famous people..like they have Brooklyn Decker conversing with Bar on that twitter site but am sure that's all fake. It's surprising how so many people fall for that though..believing that it is real. :blink:

Brooklyn Decker does have a Twitter: http://twitter.com/BrooklynDDecker ... But there's no conversations w/ANY Bar Refaeli over there ... So, if anyone is pretendin' to be Bar & Brooklyn they're totally fake!

But does anyone have the "conversations" between "Bar" & "Brooklyn" ... I wold love to see that

:laugh: :laugh:

Brooklyn Decker does have a Twitter: http://twitter.com/BrooklynDDecker ... But there's no conversations w/ANY Bar Refaeli over there ... So, if anyone is pretendin' to be Bar & Brooklyn they're totally fake!

But does anyone have the "conversations" between "Bar" & "Brooklyn" ... I wold love to see that

:laugh: :laugh:

Would love to see it two. Laughing is good :B

In Yedioth Ahronoth interview, Israeli model Bar Refaeli slams Israel, announces move to Los Angeles, says has no regrets regarding dodging army service.

"In order to contribute and help, in order to be part of the State," Ginzburg said, "enlisting is a duty, not a choice. There are a million of things I don't feel like doing, but I do them because I have to. Military service is part of the things I believe in, the values I was raised on."

By the way, despite the rumors, Ginzburg insists that she and Chace Crawford are just friends. So the bottom line is that she is still single and available

post-34401-0-1446054012-65809_thumb.jpg

post-34401-0-1446054012-67198_thumb.jpg

In Yedioth Ahronoth interview, Israeli model Bar Refaeli slams Israel, announces move to Los Angeles, says has no regrets regarding dodging army service.

"In order to contribute and help, in order to be part of the State," Ginzburg said, "enlisting is a duty, not a choice. There are a million of things I don't feel like doing, but I do them because I have to. Military service is part of the things I believe in, the values I was raised on."

By the way, despite the rumors, Ginzburg insists that she and Chace Crawford are just friends. So the bottom line is that she is still single and available

10_wh.jpg

ABACA_A48143_010_hh.jpg

You should go & post this in Esti's theard ... 'Cuz you know this is actually Bar's theard & i personally don't give a damn about Esti :ninja:

Happy holiday to Bar and her family as there is holiday today in Israel!

about model Ginzburg - she is not totally doing the army

she is doing all modeling like she never was in the army

Esti is not doing day after day of 2 months of service and I also sent a letter to the Israeli army

to release her as she just modeling and going to partires and event and not in the army

Ginzburg also going to take photos for the next SI - show how can she also do the army and take photos

for SI? is this really a army service?

I hope to see bar big campain for VS in the next year or so and also new website for her formal website

10_wh.jpg

ABACA_A48143_010_hh.jpg

You should go & post this in Esti's theard ... 'Cuz you know this is actually Bar's theard & i personally don't give a damn about Esti :ninja:

I'm with MissLimaVzla. Honestly... that must be a joke, huh?

I like het but this is BAR REFAELI's thread.

yeah, I think whoever wrote that article made it look like Esti is bashing Bar but Esti said nothing about Bar and infact she and Bar are friends. She and Bar were photographed out and about in NYC just a few months ago. Those quotes of Bar's were also not true, Bar has even sued that original interviewer who faked what she said. The article plus me posted doesn't even make sense - why are they putting Chace andEsti together? The rumors were about Chace and Bar, not Esti and Chace.

- why are they putting Chace andEsti together? The rumors were about Chace and Bar, not Esti and Chace.

Well, actually... Esti used to date Chace. Unlike the rumors with Bar, Chace did apparently date Esti.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/35764188.html

Anyone knows where Bar is right now?.... she does not seem to be in Israel. So I thought she might be at some fashion week in Europe.

- why are they putting Chace andEsti together? The rumors were about Chace and Bar, not Esti and Chace.

Well, actually... Esti used to date Chace. Unlike the rumors with Bar, Chace did apparently date Esti.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/35764188.html

Anyone knows where Bar is right now?.... she does not seem to be in Israel. So I thought she might be at some fashion week in Europe.

well, then, no.. Esti says imn that article they are good friends only, they didn't date. But who cares about Esti indeed!

I hope to see Bar on Project Runway.. she would be a much better guest judge than Lohan or the others they've had.