Bellazon

Candids

Guest Anonymous

THE IT: Alessandra and Lily

When asked if I was interested in meeting with the Angels to chat about Victoria’s Secret, I jumped at the chance—as did my (male) photographer. Who wouldn’t want to check out these mythic creatures in person? When we arrived for the interview, the door was flanked by two massive security guards. I wondered if they were hired to protect the models or the $2 million bra.Alessandra, a 10 year veteran of the company, and Lily, a rookie, were just as gorgeous in person. Healthy, tan, and lean (I thought only Barbie had legs like that), they were as sweet as they were passionate about Victoria’s Secret.

According to Alessandra, the best part of being an Angel is “travelling to the most glamorous places in the world. They treat us like angels. We’re like a big family.” Her favourite destination? “St. Bart’s. Every year we go and it’s so much fun.”

The Angels also gave me the inside scoop on what it’s like backstage at their famous runway shows: loud music, models dancing, and people yelling, “Watch the wings! Watch the wings!” while jewellery and diamonds fly all over the place. “Great for people-watching,” Lily adds, with a laugh.

Both have their favourite VS items. For Alessandra it’s the Miraculous Push-Up Bra which she says, “adds like two cups so you feel pretty powerful.” Lily loves the Starlet Halter Bra, one that’s perfect for hiding under a slinky cocktail dress.

At the end of the interview, the three of us pose for photos together and I try not to look like a frumpy dwarf sandwiched between the two glamazons. After giving Alessandra a quick obrigada, the girls leave, taking their bodyguards with them and confirming my hunch: You can put a $2 million value on a bra, but the angels themselves? Priceless

thestylenotebook.com

post-13213-1288529820_thumb.jpg

post-13213-1288529827_thumb.jpg

Elle Canada chats with Angels

Alessandra…

What’s your definition of sexy?

A: Sexy is all about the attitude, about being confident.

What’s your favourite Victoria’s Secret bra?

A: The Fantasy Bra. You know, it’s only 2 million dollars. I could wear it every day!

Right now my favourite is the Swarovski crystal Miraculous bra, that adds two cup sizes. When you put it on, your boyfriend’s gonna be like ‘Wow!’.

How many bras do you own?

A: Who knows! I’ve been collecting Victoria’s Secret bras for 10 years. I definitely own every style bra that Victoria’s Secret has, and every colour from white to black, and every different fabric, so…definitely more than a few hundred.

What’s it like backstage at a Victoria’s Secret show?

A: It’s like a huge party. There’s so much energy and people and press, and we’re trying to do makeup and hair and people are asking us questions all the time. All the girls are together having fun and we all have these crazy huge outfits. The music is always super alive, so we’re always dancing backstage and we can’t wait to get out on the runway. It’s the best show you could be at backstage.

What is one thing you learned from working for Victoria’s Secret that you would pass onto your daughter?

A: Being confident in your own skin. We’re all different shapes and sizes, but there’s always something unique about each of us. We all have something special. Everybody does.

What’s the secret to feeling comfortable in your own skin?

A: For me it’s to just have a great attitude. I love to be confident. I love to have energy to enjoy my life. And of course a great piece of lingerie makes me feel pretty good. Or a swimsuit. I just love to be in a swimsuit. When I feel good, I feel like myself.

post-13213-1288713517_thumb.jpg