Bellazon

The Good Wife

jj3

The Good Wife

The Good Wife is an American television legal and political drama that premiered on CBS on September 22, 2009. The series was created by Robert King and Michelle King. It stars Julianna Margulies, Josh Charles, Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Matt Czuchry and Alan Cumming, and features Chris Noth in a recurring role. The current executive producers are Ridley Scott, Charles McDougall, and David W. Zucker.It is a heavily serialized show with season-long story arcs that also features stand alone procedural story lines that will be resolved or concluded by the end of each episode. This is a rarity among The Good Wife's broadcaster CBS, as most of their shows are procedural.

The show has received widespread critical acclaim and won numerous awards, including five Emmys and the 2014 Television Critics Association award for Outstanding Achievement in Drama. The performances of the show's cast has been particularly recognised, with Julianna Margulies' role as Alicia Florrick receiving significant praise. On March 13, 2014, CBS renewed the show for a sixth season.

The series focuses on Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies), whose husband Peter Florrick (Chris Noth), a former Cook County, Illinois, State's Attorney, has been jailed following a notorious political corruption and sex scandal. After having spent the previous thirteen years as a stay-at-home mother, Alicia returns to her old job as a litigator to provide for her two children.[6] The series was partly inspired by the Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal, as well as by other prominent American political sex scandals, particularly those of John Edwards and Bill Clinton:

Michelle [King]: We came up with the idea about a year and half ago. There had been this waterfall of these kinds of scandals, from Bill and Hillary [Clinton], to Dick Morris, to Eliot Spitzer, to name just a few. I think they are all over our culture. And there was always this image of the husband up there apologizing and the wife standing next to him. I think the show began when we asked, "What are they thinking?" And Robert and I started talking about it from there. ... You know, what's interesting about a lot of these political scandals is that the women are lawyers, too. Hillary [Clinton] is a lawyer. Elizabeth Edwards is a lawyer. I think that got us thinking along those lines. That is, we knew she had to go back to work, and we had so many female lawyers to draw on.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442462/

Official page http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/

Paper on the NewYorker http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/13/shedding-skin

Yes, i love this show too, i discovered it last summer, and since, i try to watch the whole serie. I already saw the 3th first seasons and the 5th too... I appreciate the themes discussed and plausible character of the business and the intrigue also ... In a word EXCELLENT yes ! 

• 3 weeks later...
Of course i agree too, Will miss a bit 'cause he was one of the main characters, but for now after only two episodes, it's not that much "empty" without him... :)

And between, what is happened to Eli Gold's hair and eyebrow ? :D