Bellazon

Effy Harvard
Thumbnail

RidgewayMedia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guess Girl Model Search Winner Hits Swim Week July 17, 2013
post-46718-0-49314200-1413556128_thumb.j

Hailing from Houston, Texas, Emily "Effy" Harvard beat out more than 33,000 hopefuls to win a recent Guess Girl model search, landing her a place in the pantheon of mononymous Guess beauties that came before her—Anna, Claudia, Naomi... Not only that, her winnings also included a spread in ELLE magazine and a contract with Ford Models. Next stop? Miami. Effy is in town for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, so we chatted her up to talk getting bikini ready, her newfound modeling career, and how she got her nickname. 

Effy is an unusual nickname for an Emily. Who gave you the name?
EFFY HARVARD: My friend starting calling me that in high school and it stuck. I thought it would be a good idea to use it as a 'model name,' as silly as that may sound. There are so many girls in this industry that I felt I should do any little thing that would help me stand out.

Have you shot your first Guess campaign yet?
EH: I shot the campaign in New York about two weeks ago. I have to wait to release any photos until ELLE's March 2014 issue comes out. It's a long time, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you relocated since winning?
EH: I float around. I'll be here for Swim Week. [Then] my plan is to go to New York for a couple of months.

What does your Swim Week schedule look like?
EH: I have two castings today and three tomorrow. And working out to make sure I'm in shape.

How do you do that?
EH: I do some running, ab machine work, and the elliptical.

What about diet?
EH: I can't indulge in as much as I would want to. I definitely allow myself to eat what I want while making sure the portions are appropriate.

What other ways do you prep for Swim Week?
EH: I make sure to have a cute swimsuit! I stick to a lot of Victoria's Secret because I like the way their swimwear fits and flatters my body. I also get a little sun; it makes a big difference.

As such a fresh face, what do you want people to know about you?
EH: The modeling industry has rejected me a good amount of times. To have finally received such a prestigious job, and working with Ford Models, I just want people to know that they shouldn't give up on their dreams. The time will come when it is right—pursue what you love.

BY LIANA LOZADA  

Read more at http://oceandrive.com/the-latest/talk-of-the-town/postings/guess-girl-model-search-winner-hits-swim-week#eU3KGE18wOQkAQWd.99

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...