Bellazon

Hailey Bieber
Thumbnail

Elle UK July 2017

On not liking the term “Insta Star”: It’s not fair, because I work my a** off to make what I have and to prove that this is what I want to do. I want to be a model. I don’t want to be an Insta model, nor am I an Insta model. I don’t think I would be where I am if people didn’t see something in me. I put all my modelling [photos] on my Instagram because I’m showing it to people. It’s not about me getting paid to model for things on Instagram – of course, sometimes we do get paid for things we do for Instagram and Twitter – but there is a line of calling someone an Insta model or an Insta star. Don’t ever call me that because it really hurts my feelings and it’s disrespectful.”

On her spiritual values: “I quote the Bible all the time. I take it into my everyday life, I’m quite serious about it. It’s not funny when people joke about it; I actually find it quite offensive. It’s something that’s really important to me and I’ve seen it change a lot of people’s lives. It certainly did in my family [her father Stephen became a born-again fundamentalist after September 11]. It’s something I plan to stick to for the rest of my life – raise my kids that way, marry someone who believes in the same things. It’s important to me.”

On having different political views to her family: “I’ve differed with my dad on pretty much everything in politics, especially lately, but I’m 100% my own person…It is what is it. They’re my family at the end of the day. I love them to death, but it’s never going to permanently change anything for me. I’ve always had my own thoughts on politics.”

hailey-baldwin-elle-uk-cover-01.jpg hailey-baldwin-elle-uk-cover-02.jpg hailey-baldwin-elle-uk-cover-03.jpg