Bellazon

SI Swimsuit Model Tournament 2013 - Vote beginning Sept 4!

alluringbeauties

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Oct 26. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Please vote only once.  If you think you found a way to vote multiple times, you didn't.  Excess votes get filtered out, even if it appears they are being registered.  Please respect that I'm doing this for the enjoyment of everyone, and don't make my life difficult filtering out results.  Be fair, and vote once.

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #21:

(13) Ashley Richardson vs. Georgianna Robertson

post-67164-0-1446096651-6899_thumb.jpg

Match #22:

Fernanda Motta vs. Michelle Behennah

post-67164-0-1446096651-70597_thumb.jpg

More matches coming tomorrow.

---------

Latest results:

#17 Petra Nemcova - 91%

Sue Peterson - 9%

Esti Ginzburg - 53%

Karen Mulder - 47%

#17 Petra Nemcova and Esti Ginzburg will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Petra advanced in a completely expected result, and the other match between Esti and Karen was just as close as I'd expected, as well.  Going in, I had no idea who would win, and the vote was close the whole time polls were open.  In the end, Esti advanced and will have a tough matchup with Petra next.

More results coming tomorrow!

The up-to-date brackets and other info about the tournament are here.

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Oct 27. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Please vote only once.  If you think you found a way to vote multiple times, you didn't.  Excess votes get filtered out, even if it appears they are being registered.  Please respect that I'm doing this for the enjoyment of everyone, and don't make my life difficult filtering out results.  Be fair, and vote once.

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #23:

(20) Jessica White vs. Kristy Hinze

F1382283225131252_1.jpg

Match #24:

Manon von Gerkan vs. Naomi Campbell

F1382283225131252_2.jpg

---------

Latest results:

#8 Veronica Varekova - 68%

Michelle Lombardo - 32%

Isabeli Fontana - 82%

Sabrina Barnett - 18%

#8 Veronica Varekova and Isabeli Fontana will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Both results were expected, but I was interested in just how many votes Michelle Lombardo would have captured against Veronica Varekova.  Tough matchup for Michelle, who I think is very hot.  Good run for her, advancing this far!

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Oct 30. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #29:

(12) Rebecca Romijn vs. Mallory Snyder

N1382574097138425_1.jpg

Match #30:

Amber Smith vs. Sheila Roscoe

N1382574097138425_2.jpg

---------

Latest results:

#24 Tyra Banks - 85%

Lana Ogilvie - 15%

Estelle Lefebure - 48% 

Chandra North - 52%

#24 Tyra Banks and Chandra North will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Estelle and Chandra were very close throughout, while Tyra won in a runaway.  It will be very interesting to see if Tyra is challenged in Round 2.  I think she will be, since Chandra is some tough competition.

A quarter of the Round 1 matches have completed, so I thought I'd post a recap of where we are.

Here's a look at the latest bracket:

U1382615017135795_1.jpg

The interesting thing to me about the bracket so far is that only one seeded model has lost, and that one was Angie Everhart falling to Cindy Crawford, who isn't exactly a slouch!  So, the seeded models have held their own so far.  The other interesting thing is if you break up the results into 2 groups of 8 models each.  One model from each of those groups will end up in the quarterfinals (the final 8 of the whole tournament).  One of those groups is stacked with supermodels, and the other is more wide open.

Take, for example, the first 8 advancing models in the bracket, one of which will emerge to the quarterfinals of the tourney:

D1382615900139131_1.jpg

This little "bracket pod" has Kathy Ireland, Cindy Crawford, Laetitia Casta, Marisa Miller, and Petra Nemcova.  All of them are huge names and capable of advancing, but only one of them will!  The pod is rounded out with Esti Ginzburg, Chrissy Teigen, and Lujan Fernandez, who are all hot models in their own right.  But, up against the supermodels in this pod, it's hard to imagine that they'll advance very far. 

Compare that to the other "bracket pod" that has been settled so far:

D1382615900139131_2.jpg

This one doesn't have the mega names of the previous example, but it is probably even more unpredictable.  I can realistically see almost any one of the 8 models ultimately advancing from this group.

So, anyway...

The matches below are still in progress, with more being added each day, of course.  All matches, including those already finished, can be found in this thread; or all of them are on this page: Matches

So, vote if you haven't already done so!

October 19-25:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (29) Elsa Benitez vs. Aya Thorgren

Main Draw - Round 1 - Ariel Meredith vs. Yasmeen Ghauri

October 20-26:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (13) Ashley Richardson vs. Georgianna Robertson

Main Draw - Round 1 - Fernanda Motta vs. Michelle Behennah

October 21-27:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (20) Jessica White vs. Kristy Hinze

Main Draw - Round 1 - Manon von Gerkan vs. Naomi Campbell

October 22-28:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (5) Daniela Pestova vs. Selita Ebanks

Main Draw - Round 1 - Nina Agdal vs. May Andersen

October 23-29:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (28) Ana Beatriz Barros vs. Hannah Davis

Main Draw - Round 1 - Oluchi Onweagba vs. Fernanda Tavares

October 24-30:

Main Draw - Round 1 - (12) Rebecca Romijn vs. Mallory Snyder

Main Draw - Round 1 - Amber Smith vs. Sheila Roscoe

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Oct 31. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Please vote only once.  Excess votes get filtered out.

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #31:

(21) Kate Upton vs. Michaela Bercu

P1382667369139092_1.jpg

Match #32:

Maria Joao vs. Roshumba Williams

P1382667369139092_2.jpg

---------

Latest results:

#4 Christie Brinkley - 51%

Juliana Martins - 49%

Hilary Rhoda - 39%

Josie Maran - 61%

#4 Christie Brinkley and Josie Maran will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Christie was very nearly knocked off by a qualifier, which was very surprising to me.  So, there's reason to expect that she'll be tested against the very hot Josie Maran in Round 2.

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Nov 3. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #37:

(15) Rachel Hunter vs. Vanessa Lorenzo

R1382880587135344_1.jpg

Match #38:

Frankie Rayder vs. Jessica Van Der Steen

R1382880587135344_2.jpg

---------

Latest results:

#20 Jessica White - 43%

Kristy Hinze - 57%

Manon Von Gerkan - 52%

Naomi Campbell - 48%

Kristy Hinze and Manon Von Gerkan will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Kristy becomes just the second qualifier to knock off a seeded model, as she sent Jessica to the exit early.  Manon's victory was also impressive, as she knocked off a bonafide supermodel.  That sets up an unpredictable Round 2 matchup between Kristy and Manon.  I'm giving the edge to Kristy to continue her improbable run through the bracket.

Today's matches are now live, and voting for these matches is open through Nov 4. Use the links to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. 

Thanks!

-------

Main Draw - Round 1

Match #39:

#18 Brooklyn Decker vs. Rita Tellone

P1383010768138253_1.jpg

Match #40:

Adaora Akubilo vs. Kadra Ahmed Omar

P1383010768138253_2.jpg

---------

Latest results:

#5 Daniela Pestova - 83%

Selita Ebanks - 17%

Nina Agdal - 82%

May Andersen - 18%

#5 Daniela Pestova and Nina Agdal will face each other in Round 2 of the Main Draw.

My spin: Daniela and Nina both advanced very easily to the second round, despite facing formidable competition.  This sets up a huge matchup in Round 2, which I think could go either way.  Daniela is the favorite by rank, because of her many appearances in the SI Swimsuit Issue, but the only disadvantage Nina has is her tenure.  Simply put, Nina could quite possibly have a lengthy string of appearances like Daniela did, given enough time.  This one should be very interesting!

Yay for Hannah :clap:

Honestly I was never a fan of Ana BB for SI and I think Hannah has a long SI-career ahead of her

I felt the same way about Ana Beatriz, actually.  Hannah got my vote for this one.  I think she has a chance to get past Fernanda next round, too.  After that, though, it'd be really tough: Daniela Pestova or Nina Agdal would await her.  Yikes.   :beating: