Bellazon

Led Zeppelin
Thumbnail

Neo52285

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about Jimmy pictures, I wanted one picture of him for so long, but I can't get it in decent qualty.

Do you remember the video of Whola Lotta Love? At the end of the vid, you can see stills.

In one of them you can see him, left hand on the neck of the guitar, right reaches for the skies. Amazing one, I would place it on my desktop.

But unfortunately even a DVD screen cap, wouldn't be big and high quality enough for a desktop picture.

• 4 months later...
Has anybody read Hammer Of The Gods here? I read that book a long time ago and it was a very enjoyable reading. I don't know if everything written there is true, but who cares... When there's something huge, there are always myths around it.

Yeah, I read it awhile ago. My mom went and ripped a few pages out first, though. :p She seemed to think I didn't need to be exposed to Richard Cole and Peter Grant's colorful vocabulary, at least not then, as young as I was.

• 4 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page went to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday to receive an Officer of the Order of the British EmpireOBE, from Queen Elizabeth II -- although the award was for his work with poor Brazilian children rather than his music.

The 61-year-old rocker said he was overwhelmed to be given the accolade, recalling how he first became involved with Brazilian children in 1994 when fighting broke out between street gangs while he was in Rio de Janeiro promoting an album.

"At that time in Rio the sun wasn't shining. The army was going into the favelas (shantytowns) and I heard about the plight of the street children," Page told reporters.

He joined forces with the British charity Task Brazil and set up a safe house which has so far supported more than 300 children. "I think when you're faced with a plight that's inescapable, and there's something you can do about it, you hope you can make a difference," he said.

• 1 month later...
Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page went to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday to receive an Officer of the Order of the British EmpireOBE, from Queen Elizabeth II -- although the award was for his work with poor Brazilian children rather than his music.

The 61-year-old rocker said he was overwhelmed to be given the accolade, recalling how he first became involved with Brazilian children in 1994 when fighting broke out between street gangs while he was in Rio de Janeiro promoting an album.

"At that time in Rio the sun wasn't shining. The army was going into the favelas (shantytowns) and I heard about the plight of the street children," Page told reporters.

He joined forces with the British charity Task Brazil and set up a safe house which has so far supported more than 300 children. "I think when you're faced with a plight that's inescapable, and there's something you can do about it, you hope you can make a difference," he said.

He paid a visit to the HUGE Iron Maiden concerts at Rock In Rio, too. ;) Janick Gers was pissed, because he was already nervous about playing in front of such a huge audience, and then one of his idols was there on top of it.

Best to Worst: Led Zeppelin studio albums

Man, how could you place Led Zep II at the bottom?!

My ranking:

1. Led Zeppelin IV

2. Led Zeppelin II

3. Physical Graffiti

4. Led Zeppelin I

5. Led Zeppelin III

6. Houses Of The Holy

7. Presence

8. Coda

9. In Through The Out Door

Frankly speaking, I'm not too familiar with their last two albums, but I guess they're nothing exciting, at least from what I've heard.

I found this on another board. It's a very long read.

THE THIEVING MAGPIES:

Jimmy Page's Dubious Recording Legacy

By Will Shade (January 2001)

Led Zeppelin: innovators or plagiarists? Jimmy Page: genius or charlatan? Perhaps the question itself is moot. After all, the band no longer exists, having broken up after John Bonham's death in 1980. Further, Led Zeppelin is safely enshrined in the hearts of their fans and in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame itself. Is an article examining their appropriation of material an exercise in futility? It's preaching to the choir and the heathens at the same time. The detractors have already made up their minds and the camp followers don't care one iota. If nothing else, though, this piece will give readers an opportunity to track down the recordings that Led Zeppelin "borrowed" from.

Led Zeppelin has long had an unsavory reputation for taking music and lyrics from lesser-known artists. Many times the songs were never credited to the rightful owners. Consequently, royalties lined the pockets of the millionaire British musicians. Further, their American heroes, often poor and black, never saw a dime from songs they had written before their heirs ever picked up an instrument. Led Zeppelin has been taken to court over the matter on numerous occasions. For an in-depth study of Led Zeppelin's penchant for stealing others