Bellazon

Hedvig Palm
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

MEET THE MODELS: HEDVIG AND ESTHER

German model Esther Heesch and Stockholm native Hedvig Palm are the beautiful duo fronting our latest campaign. Based in New York, the models flew to Melbourne last month for a whirlwind trip to shoot our spring campaign. Naturally, we wanted to discover more about the in-demand pair, we took 5 minutes between shots to grill them on their lives, careers, style and favourite pieces from the new season.

CR: Are you enjoying Australia? Have you had time to visit any great places?

Esther Heesch: I was so excited to get the chance to come to Australia, it's been on my dream travel list for a long time. Melbourne seems like a really cool city. Hedvig and I went into the CBD: to the Royal Botanical Gardens, the State Library and we had a really delicious breakfast at Cumulus Inc.
Hedvig Palm: We love Melbourne, it's such a pretty town. We also did a little bit of shopping and just enjoyed being in the city.

CR: Which pieces from our shoot do you wish you could take home with you today?

EH: Definitely the beautiful denim dress I wore. But there were many things I loved.
HP: For me it's the indigo poncho with tassels.

CR: How was it working together, you’ve known each other for a long time is that correct?

EH: Yes, we met when I was 15 years-old and we became instant friends. So I was very happy when I saw Hedvig's name on the call sheet. We're having fun on set and it's the first trip to Australia for both of us, so it's special to be able to share this experience.

CR: What is your favourite aspect of spring dressing?

HP: Spring is a wonderful season — the weather is not too hot for wearing beautiful clothes and not too cold where you have to be covered in layers and heavy jackets.
EH: Wearing short dresses and open toe shoes. I love spring.

CR: What will you invest in this spring?

HP: I'm a sneakers person so almost every spring I invest in a crisp white pair.

CR: Did you have any favourite accessories from the Country Road collection?

EH: I love the the chic canvas hat I wore in one of the shots.
HP: I loved the gold bracelets — I would style a few of them together to make a bigger statement.

CR: How did you get started in modelling?

EH: I was scouted when I was looking for shoes in Hamburg when I was 15 years-old.
HP: It was similar scenario for me, I started modelling after being scouted a few times in the streets of my hometown Stockholm.

CR: What does a typical day look like for you?

EH: The best thing about my job is that every day is different so I never have a typical day and never really have a routine.
HP: It's the best thing about our job, there is a lot of variation but a normal day for me, I might take the subway to the studio (in any city) with a start time around 8:00am. I have a nice breakfast on set whilst getting to know the crew and discussing what we are doing that day. Then hair, makeup and the shooting starts. Usually we finish around 5:00 or 6:00pm and I head back home, to the airport or go for dinner with someone from the job.

CR: What is your go-to look that never fails?

HP: Jeans and a white shirt is an outfit that always works. It can be dressed up or down depending on the shoe.
EH: For me it's a loose, relaxed blouse or shirt and skinny leg indigo jean.

countryroad.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...