Bellazon

Devon Windsor
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

H&M Life - Top model secrets
Rising star Devon Windsor talks life advice, food and belly dancing in this week’s Top Model Secrets.

DEVON WINDSOR: ”IGNORE THE HATERS AND DO YOU”

dev.jpg

DEVON WINDSOR

CITY: New York

AGENCY: IMG Models

DISCOVERED: In a local St. Louis magazine

INSTAGRAM: @devwindsor

TWITTER: @devwindsor

SNAPCHAT: @devwindsor

Loved by both edgy magazines and commercial brands, Devon Windsor is well on her way of becoming one of fashion’s most sought-after models. The St. Louis native started modelling in high school, but waited until graduation to pursue a full-time career. She got her big break back in 2013 when Prada selected her as an exclusive for their Spring 14 show – and dyed her hair platinum blonde during fittings, a shade that since has become Windsor’s signature look. 

An H&M favourite too (this past spring, she starred in one of H&M’s major campaigns and walked in the H&M Studio A/W16 show in Paris), we jumped at the chance to learn some of her secrets. Some more expected – we knew she’s a major foodie – than others. Read on to learn more about Devon Windsor. 

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE PHOTOGRAPHER?
”Mario Testino. I have yet to work with him but it has always been my dream to. He captures the sexuality as well as the power of women so well while also having an edge that I absolutely love. His work is timeless.”

MY MOST MEMORABLE SHOOT WAS…
”My second Victoria’s Secret fashion show. It was the first time I got wings to wear in the show and I had been fitting my outfit for five months leading up to it! Walking that runway was absolutely amazing!”

THE MUSIC THAT ALWAYS GETS ME GOING AT A SHOOT IS…
”Rihanna. I love her music. It's super upbeat, fun and sexy.”

MY CREATIVE OUTLET IS…
”Definitely cooking. I love to bake as well. I just moved in New York and I finally have a decent kitchen to cook in. It's super relaxing and calms me down.”

MY MODEL ICON IS…
”Cindy Crawford. She's so strong and beautiful but also a great role model too. I miss the generation of the supermodel.”

MY BEAUTY SECRET IS…
”Sleep! I sleep at least 8 hours every night. Especially if I'm working the next day. Gets rid of dark circles and puffiness.”

I KEEP IN SHAPE BY…
”Mixing Pilates with body weight training a couple of times a week!”

FOR A QUICK HAIR FIX I…
”I put my hair in a high bun.”

MY DE-STRESS TRICK IS…
”Eating yummy food.”

MY SECRET TALENT IS…
“The belly roll.”

I SMELL LIKE…
”Chanel perfume or Le Labo Rose 31.”

MY FAVOURITE OFF DUTY LOOK IS…
”Jeans and a leather jacket with sneakers.”

RIGHT NOW I'M OBSESSED WITH…
”Studded belts.”

THE BEST BEAUTY TIP I'VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
”To never over-bronze your face.” 

MY FAVOURITE HOTEL IS…
”The Edition Hotel in London.”

MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IS…
”Catch Roof in NYC. Pasta and sushi in one, how could you not love it!?”

FOR BREAKFAST I ALWAYS HAVE…
”Eggs with toast and bacon!”

FOR A LONG FLIGHT I ALWAYS PACK…
”A sleeping mask and Chapstick.”

WHEN I HAVE SOME FREE TIME I…
”Work out, cook and shop!”

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
”To never complain on set. You're there to work so do your best.”

WHEN I AM AWAY…
”I love shopping for bags when I'm in different cities.” 

BEING A MODEL I'VE LEARNT...
”That there will always be someone who doesn't like you or has something bad to say. Ignore the haters and just do you. ”

POST MODELLING, I WOULD LIKE TO…
”Have a family and build a brand either in swimwear or bags.” 

MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS…
”[Food Network’s] Chopped Junior and Bones. 

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS…
”To enjoy the ride. I don't ever want to be doing something that I'm unhappy doing. Life is short. Also to go to every single country.”

interview for The New Potato

Devon Windsor

The Victoria’s Secret Model’s Diet, Fitness & Beauty Tips

November 9th, 2016

Devon Windsor is serious Woman Crush Wednesday material; she walks the catwalks internationally for some of our favorite brands and has the platinum hair we dream of rocking. But don’t be intimidated, Potatoheads. Windsor spends her free time testing recipes from Pinterest, has a huge sweet tooth, and starts her day with eggs on parmesan toast. We can’t help but seek out skincare and workout advice from models,and Windsor seriously delivered. Read on for how she’d spend an ideal food day, her go-to products, and her travel essentials. Moral of the story: models, they’re just like us.

From start to finish, what would be your ideal food day?

To start my day, I would go to the Egg Shop and get the Buttermilk Biscuit with Honey Butter, and an Egg Sandwich with Gruyere and Caramelized Onions. For lunch, I would go to By Chloe - I love the Quinoa Taco salad and Mac n cheese. I have a huge sweet tooth and my favorite ice cream place is Morgenstern’s on the LES, so I would have to go there for a snack. For dinner my favorite spot is Carbone; their Spicy Rigatoni Vodka, Caesar alla ZZ, and Red Peppers with Mozzarella are all so good, and for dessert their Carrot Cake is one of the best.

How do you practice beauty from the inside out?

Growing up, I was always very athletic so I’ve definitely carried that into my modeling career. I like to work out with a trainer and do Pilates three or four times a week, if I can. I also sleep at least eight hours a night. Sleepis very important for me as well as maintaining a decent diet and drinking a lot of water.

What’s your morning and nightly beauty routines?

Every morning and night I wash my face with Shiseido face wash. I follow up with lots of Chanel Hydra Beauty Crème. If I have makeup on, I use Bioderma to remove it. Never sleep with makeup on! 

What are your favorite workouts? What are workouts you find overrated?

I really love Pilates. It lengthens and strengthens without bulking the muscles. I also have a personal trainer that I love because he pushes me to work harder even when I don’t want too!

We hear you like to bake, what are things to make?

Yes, I love to bake and my favorite things to make are chocolate chip cookies and cookie cheesecake bars.

Do you have an easy baking recipe you can give us in just a few steps?

Baking is a science and requires exact measurements, so I don’t have many recipes that only require a few steps BUT I do find a lot of fun recipes on Pinterest.

What are five fashion items you’re coveting right now?

I love colorful and fun pants right now. I have these great pin striped Altuzarra ones I just got. I’ve also recently been getting into wearing belts more. I love the Gucci belt with a pair of high waisted jeans. Velvet booties are a must for this season – Stuart Weitzman has some great options. And there’s nothing better than a chunky knit in the Fall.

Would you say you have a ‘uniform’ – an outfit you can usually be found in? What is it?

For fall I love leather pants, a chunky knit sweater and a blazer on top.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The worst?

Be kind to everyone you meet. You don’t know what they’re going through and you never know when you could meet a new friend.

How do you start your day? What’s your go-to breakfast?

I start my day with a nice breakfast. I usually make iron skillet sunny side up or poached eggs and put them over a piece of parmesan toast. If I’m not working, I usually will workout in the mornings.

Where do you love to travel? What won’t you travel without?

I love any beach location honestly. As long as there’s sun, sand and an ocean I’m happy! I won’t travel without a cozy pair of pajamas that can make any hotel bed feel like home.

What’s your perfect smoothie comprised of? Perfect salad?

When I make smoothies I use berries, acai, Greek yogurt and orange juice. My perfect salad is from sweetgreen. I order it with kale, quinoa, goat cheese, chicken, tomatoes, onion, and squash, with olive oil and lemon dressing.

What are your favorite cities for food? What restaurants do you go to in each?

Paris and Italy are my favorites for sure. I love L’Avenue in Paris, and in Italy you really can’t go wrong no matter where you go!

How important is a healthy body image? How do you practice that?

I think as long as you’re confident with your body and your size that’s all that matters. If you’re healthy and happy it doesn’t matter what other people think. For myself, I just make sure to get enough sleep and take care of my skin. Also hitting the gym doesn’t hurt!

In the same vein as ‘what is the new black,’ what’s the new potato right now?

Being confident never goes out of style!

Read our interviews with other Victoria’s Secret models Karlie Kloss &Sara Sampaio!

*Devon Windsor, photographed at Morgenstern’s in New York, NY by Danielle Kosann.

devon-windsor-2016-2.jpg devon-windsor-angel.jpg devon-windsor-bio.jpg devon-windsor-diet.jpg devon-windsor-hair.jpg devon-windsor-hair-2016.jpg devon-windsor-img.jpg devon-windsor-instagram.jpg devon-windsor-instagram-2016.jpg devon-windsor-interview.jpg devon-windsor-interview-2016.jpg devon-windsor-model.jpg devon-windsor-photos.jpg devon-windsor-pictures.jpg devon-windsor-style.jpg devon-windsor-victorias-secret.jpg devon-windsor-workout-2016.jpg