Bellazon

Katsia Zingarevich
Thumbnail

Lullaby

Katsia Damankova appeared in the February 2007 issue of the British Tatler magazine. Unfortunately, this issue isn't available anymore. Therefore I post the pictures that I found on the internet.

The photos are by Donald McPherson.

post-9383-1213690910_thumb.jpg post-9383-1213690924_thumb.jpg

post-9383-1213690935_thumb.jpg post-9383-1213690947_thumb.jpg

:drool:

359507430_9025d6c0e5.jpg

Here is something I found on the website of the Belarusian embassy about Katsia winning the Supermodel of the World contest (http://www.belarus-botschaft.de/de/damankova_de.htm):

The finals of the competition Supermodel of the World have been held in New York by the Ford Models agency. Katya Domankova, a student of Minsk Polytechnic Gymnasium, was one among participants from 38 countries. Her parents could hardly sleep for excitement as they were eagerly awaiting their daughter's call from the USA. She phoned early in the morning to declare, "Mum, I've won!"

17-year-old Katya has become the Supermodel of the World and signed a contract with the Ford Models Agency for $250,000. Over the next three years, she'll work on some of the world's most prestigious runways. Her life has changed forever. Her mother, Svetlana Anatolievna, admits that her daughter 'had another plans for the future'. Katya was planning to enter the Belarusian State University. Her parents wanted her to become a student immediately after leaving school as Katya has done well so far (her average mark is 8.5). She has been having extra tutoring since her fifth year at the gymnasium and speaks English very well. However, life has other plans for her.

Two years ago, at a Minsk cafe, Sergey Nagorny, head of one of Belarus' largest modelling agencies, approached Katya and gave her his business card. At first, Katya refused his offer as she regularly received modeling offers. She told her family about it and, as Sergey Nagorny's name is well known, they decided to let her attend his studio. It took one year for Katya to learn modelling skills and she began to be invited to work in London and Paris. While in Europe, Americans from the Ford Models Agency noticed her and invited her to take part in the finals of the Supermodel of the World contest. The result was her brilliant victory.

Katya Domankova says, "Sergey Nagorny's professional view led me to this path. Modeling is interesting as I'm able to travel around the world and meet interesting people." Having topped the modeling world, Katya is soon to return to Minsk and proceed with her studies at the gymnasium.

The Belarusian beauties are becoming well known worldwide. Ekaterina Hlebanova (another of Sergey Nagorny's proteges) is one of the world's 50 top models. Lyudmila Bakhmat, who attended the Minsk agency Tamara, has become a success in New York. Long-legged, clever Belarusian beauties bewitch everyone with their charm — easily putting other models in the shade.