Bellazon

Victoria Lee
Thumbnail

According to Victoria Lee, This Eye Mask Basically Fakes Eight Hours of Sleep

True story: I actually bumped into Australian model Victoria Lee as she was exiting the bathroom of David Jones in Sydney. Even though it was our first meeting, I straight-up knew it was her (maybe it was the bombshell blowdry and mind-blowing figure that was swathed in red Bec and Bridge?). Naturally, I acted cool and introduced myself, but my mind was working double-time to take in the moment. First thoughts? She's not super tall—Most of my model encounters have left me feeling about three feet (I'm looking at you, Kelly Gale). Also, she's so kind—and excited for our shoot, might I add. Next up, I'm introduced to her mum (who's an angel by the way) so now we know where the beautiful personality comes from. One white wall and seven minutes later, we've got eight Polaroid images that pretty much took my breath away. 

So, whether you're familiar with Victoria Lee or not, there's no denying her achievements to date are proof that a long and crazy-successful career is ahead of her: She's fronted Seafolly campaigns, last year walked the Victoria's Secret runway show, and has recently been named as a David Jones ambassador. She's actually in Sydney right now in preparation for the A/W18 runway show alongside fellow Aussie Jessica Gomes next week. So, if model beauty tips, Sydney fitness studio recs, or the best facials in Sydney interest you, keep scrolling for the full Q&A. 

Byrdie Australia: What’s your first beauty memory?

Victoria Lee: I remember watching my Nan slather her skin in moisturiser—she had the most hydrated skin. I think this has influenced me because I love oils, moisturisers, and anything that hydrates.

B: How would you describe your approach to beauty?

VL: Day to day, my approach is the classic less is more. I conceal, use a bronzer and highlighter, a little mascara, and a taupe eyeshadow. The main thing I focus on is keeping my skin healthy—nourishing it from the inside and protecting it on the outside. I drink plenty of water, eat a lot of greens and healthy fats, and get as much sleep as I can.

B: What was the first beauty product you ever bought? 

VL: It would have been Lip Smackers. I remember I had a sparkly turquoise-blue one with a gemstone on top. It was my favourite.

B: And the last?

VL: The last was a little less sparkly but much more practical—I re-stocked my Dermalogica moisturiser.

B: Your career is going absolutely gangbusters right now. How do you feel about being referred to as the next Miranda Kerr?

VL: It’s very flattering. Miranda is an inspiration and her career is something I really admire.

B: What beauty products do you buy again and again?

VL: Aesop Rose Hair and Scalp Moisturising Masque ($35), SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($150), Equal Beauty Cleansing Cloths ($50), Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate ($125), and Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo ($30). 

B: Do you have a holy-grail foundation?

VL:  Because I wear so much makeup for work, I try not to use foundation all over when I have a choice. Day to day, I use YSL Touche Eclat ($70) under my eyes and around my nose. I cover any blemishes with Diorskin Forever Concealer ($63). I love the combination of these two products, but otherwise, I just leave the rest of my skin bare. 

B: What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

VL: I have a big glass of water.

B: And how do you like to wind down after a big day?

VL: I love to come home and get into my comfy clothes. I’ll remove any makeup, light a candle, and just chill out. I like to cook, but my favourite thing to do after a long day is have a bath and order food so it’s at my door by the time I’m done—I’m a Grandma!

Byrdie: What beauty treatments are you indulging in prior to the David Jones runway show?

VL: I’ll be visiting Melanie Grant for a facial. Everything she does is absolute heaven and my skin always feels incredible afterward. I’m very excited for that.

B: What are your go-to makeup products for castings?

VL: I sound like a broken record, but the YSL Touche Eclat ($70) to conceal, Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate ($125) on my cheekbones, and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream ($28) on my lips.

B: What’s the best beauty trick you picked up backstage the Victoria’s Secret show?

VL: The power of under eye de-puffers. I love the ones by Equal Beauty ($110). You pop them under your eyes, and they immediately wake you up. I use them anytime I want to look like I’ve had a full nights’ sleep (even when I haven’t).

B: What does your workout routine look like right now?

VL: I love to keep active in general, but at the moment I’m really enjoying anything dance-based. I train at Body by Simone in New York. It’s both physically and mentally challenging. My trainer Jasmine and I focus on strength training, so it really works my whole body. When I’m in Sydney, I love Lean Bean Fitness. For me, it’s all about variety and keeping your mind and body engaged.

B: What do you typically eat in a day?

VL: I focus on healthy fats, protein, plenty of veggies, leafy greens, and quality carbohydrates. Breakfast is usually eggs with spinach and avocado. Lunch is generally a big salad with fish or chicken, avocado, nuts, and a healthy dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and seeded mustard. I’ll add quinoa or brown rice if I have a busy day or I’ve been working out. For dinner, I’ll have steamed veggies or I’ll bake them so it’s a bit heartier—especially because the New York winter is a killer right now.  

B: What restaurants do you love right now?

VL: Sugar Fish in New York is delicious. In Sydney, my favourite is Porch and Parlour in Bondi. The breakfast there is amazing.

byrdie.com.au

victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454007056-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454036168-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454063737-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454091855-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454124164-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454151820-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454178988-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454212957-image.640x0c.jpg victoria-lee-model-beauty-interview-248381-1517454236696-image.640x0c.jpg

The launch line-up also includes Victoria's Secret alumnus Victoria Lee and veteran model Jessica Gomes, whose skin care brand, Equal Beauty, is also stocked at David Jones.

Lee, from Narrandera in country NSW, said Gomes had given her some useful advice before her first David Jones launch.

"She said to relax and be myself and just have fun and don't overthink things, which can be my downfall," Lee said.

She said when it came to the scrutiny of the Victoria's Secret show, Lee and the other models had to "block out the negative [press] because a lot of it is misunderstood how much effort goes into the show".

Lee said she was almost more nervous to walk for David Jones than the international lingerie giant.

"It's all the more close to my heart. Growing up with DJs … it's so important to me. I'm almost more nervous being at home doing this," she said.

Since signing with the department store, Lee, 27, said she had noticed her profile in Australia had changed "a little".

"Nothing crazy ... maybe arriving at the airport a pic may show up in the paper," she said.

smh.com.au

1517808238919.png

Supermodel Victoria Lee, who is dating Gold Coast’s Matt McDonald, reveals autumn fashion

MEET the newest member of the David Jones family … and perhaps of ours.

The disarmingly down-to-earth Victoria Lee, who walked in her first Victoria’s Secret show in November and will star in the department giant’s season launch tonight, is dating Gold Coast boy Matt McDonald.

While Matt is now based in New York, the 27-year-old supermodel said she’s met the prospective in-laws and “they’re wonderful” … and she was equally impressed by our city.

“I absolutely love the Gold Coast and I’m due a visit for a better look around so Matt can show me all the sights,” she said.

“Last time was a brief stop and we drove to Byron; I have family in Lennox Head too.”

Offering our first taste of what we’ll be wearing this winter, the David Jones Autumn Winter 2018 Collections Launch in Sydney promises to be an all-star affair, with Gold Coast model Jordan Barrett also rumoured for the renowned runway.

Not that the fashion will be outshone, with colour-saturated styles and power suiting shaking up the traditionally subdued season.

“I love that there is so much colour, texture and pattern this season – beautiful emerald greens, fuchsia, deep red – it’s about taking a step out of your comfort zone,” Lee said.

“My No. 1 pick for the Gold Coast winter is a fitted blazer as you can throw it on over prints or florals to add strength to your outfit.”

While this will be her first collection launch for David Jones, Lee said she’d been blessed with support from fellow model Jessica Gomes, who is celebrating her fifth anniversary as an ambassador.

Gomes admitted she still gets butterflies before she steps on to the stage.

“It’s been so much fun working with Victoria and I’m excited to walk with Jordan,” she said. “This will be a really classic, high-fashion show.”

goldcoastbulletin.com.au

40becf4a2341985657c158b971e2104c.jpg 8487b23fe8946fa745d18500855e3e95.jpg