• 2 weeks later...

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Afterparty

7c0071368792040.jpg 38feb9368792044.jpgb8d786370867162.jpg e32181370867165.jpg

zimbio

Vogue.com interview

Irina Sharipova
Hails from: Born in Uzbekistan; grew up in the Republic of Tatarstan
@irinasharipova

Although she might have hit the genetic lottery with a look that resembles a hybrid of Adriana Lima and Natasha Poly, model Irina Sharipova holds her own. Born in Uzbekistan and raised in the Republic of Tatarstan, the leggy stunner arrives in the classic model-off-duty uniform: black-on-black, vertiginous heels, a biker jacket, and skinny leather pants. Though her smoldering Slavic appearance has scored her an exclusive with Givenchy, and has led her to walk shows for Chanel, Versace, and Sonia Rykiel, Sharipova’s fashion roots weren’t always in fashion, but in beauty—specifically, beauty competitions: Sharipova was crowned Miss Tatarstan in 2010. Shortly after, she went on to Paris to pursue modeling. “You just need to believe in yourself. So many people aren’t going to believe in you when you are young,” says Sharipova. “You have to be super strong to give people good energy, and then everyone will start believing in you.” And as for the Victoria’s Secret show? She’s has it on her mind since she was a kid strolling the grocery aisles back home in Tatarstan. “When I walked around in the supermarket, I’d see these advertisements, the beautiful pictures of Victoria’s Secret,” says Sharipova. “I said, ‘Okay, who are these beautiful women?’ And I searched on the Internet and I asked myself, ‘Why am I not there?’ Now, I’m just smiling because dreams come true all the time.”

Meet the 10 Models Who Walked the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show for the First Time

Irina Sharipova

Nationality: Russian
How she got cast: "My agent told me I had a casting for the show, and she told me, 'Be confident, relax, show how you're beautiful inside and outside!' It's like a big magic world backstage and onstage!"
Angel she most admires: "I love Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio. They're very beautiful girls, and their attitude, their character — everything's so amazing, that's why they're Angels!"
Fun fact: "I'm a simple girl who grew up in a normal village in Russia, but I do think I'm a talented girl — can I say that? I can sing, I can dance...if you want, just ask me!"

post-46080-0-1446067947-4337_thumb.jpg

fashionista