Bellazon

Laura Whitmore
Thumbnail

Laura Whitmore

Laura Whitmore (4 May 1985, in Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland) is an Irish television presenter for MTV Europe.

Early life

Laura was born in Ireland.

She attended St Patricks Primary School and Loreto Bray Secondary School until she was 18 years old. She then went on to study journalism in Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland with a semester abroad at Boston University (BU) in the US.

Broadcasting career

In April 2008 she won Pick Me MTV[2] - a search to find a new presenter to co-host MTV News bulletins and half hour show MTV News The Cube with presenter Rickie Haywood Williams. Before winning MTV's Pick me MTV and moving to London, she worked as a researcher on award winning Lunchtime with Eamon Keane for Newstalk, a national station in Ireland.

She hosts MTV Digs on MTV. MTV was the Oxegen 2009 official broadcasting partner, with Laura amongst the presenting team. The highlights were shown on MTV in August. In 2010 Laura hosted the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts for ITV2

She is a spokeswoman for the Because I Am a Girl charity clothing campaign.[3]

Fashion

As of August 2009 Laura has her own clothing range available at A Wear in Ireland.[4]

In 2010 Laura became the face of RoC's new Hydra range

wiki

• 10 months later...