Bellazon

Milla Jovovich
Thumbnail

seshiru

Marella

MARELLA AND MILLA MET FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR THE SPRING- SUMMER 2012 CAMPAIGN SHOOTING. HER STUNNING BEAUTY, HER CHARISMA AND HER JOIE DE VIVRE IMMEDIATELY WON THE ENTIRE TEAM. IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. KNOWN FOR HER BEAUTY, SHE IS ALSO VERY COMMUNICATIVE AND PROVED EVERYONE THAT SHE IS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER WOMEN, A WORKING MUM IN HOLLYWOOD AND SO RIGHT TO BECOME THE FACE OF THE BRAND.

MILLA LOVES ITALY AND THE ITALIAN STYLE AND WITH MARELLA'S CREATIVE TEAM SHE COLLABORATED IN THIS WINTER CAPSULE COLLECTION TOTALLY INSPIRED BY HER STYLE AND STRONG IN ITALIAN TAILORING. TWELVE PIECES COMPOSE MARELLA+MILLA, ALL VERY FEMININE, SENSUAL AND WITH A TOUCH OF ROCK, JUST LIKE HER.

SHARP SILHOUETTES, LEAN FIT ARE COMBINED WITH ANIMAL PRINTS IN VIVID AND ENERGETIC COLORS. FROM TRENCH TO TUXEDO JACKET, FROM BLAZER TO BIKER: VERY STRONG PIECES TO WEAR WITH ECO- LEATHER OR WOOL SKINNY PANTS, OR OVER A PRINTED DRESS OR A BLOUSE. THEN COMES THE BAG: BIG AND PRACTICAL, FRINGED AND ROCK. LIKE MILLA.

post-13871-0-1446148263-55873_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-56603_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-58804_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-61929_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-62953_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-65787_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148263-67268_thumb.jpg

post-13871-0-1446148266-81554_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-83311_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-83917_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-85325_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-87463_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-88746_thumb.jpg post-13871-0-1446148266-93487_thumb.jpg

MILLA IS VERY SPECIAL AND BEAUTIFUL. HER INTENSE GAZE SEDUCES, HER VERVE ENCHANTS, HER SMILE DISPLACES. WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO LOOK LIKE HER? THAT IS WHAT MARELLA TEAM THOUGHT WHEN THEY FIRST MET HER IN NEW YORK ON THE SET OF THE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN FOR SPRING- SUMMER 2012. SHE ARRIVED IN THE STUDIO AND CONNECTED WITH EVERYONE THROUGH HER CHARM AND SIMPLICITY. HAIR AND MAKE-UP ON, CLICK AND... WOW! PERFECT PICTURES. WHO IS REALLY MILLA JOVOVICH? SHE TOLD US ABOUT HERSELF, OF HOW SHE MANAGES WORK AND PRIVATE LIFE WITH DETERMINATION AND AUTONOMY. SHE IS A WOMAN OF TODAY, WHO FLIES AROUND THE GLOBE FOR WORK, BUT ALSO GOES TO SCHOOL TO PICK UP HER DAUGHTER AND TAKES HER TO DANCE SCHOOL. THAT IS WHY SHE LIKES MARELLA: PRACTICAL BUT STYLISH, COMFORTABLE YET REFINED. FOR AUTUMN-WINTER SHE WANTED TO GIVE MORE, AND COLLABORATED ON A CAPSULE COLLECTION THAT IS INSPIRED BY HER LOOK AND THAT, WITH THE CREATIVE TEAM OF MARELLA, SHE DEVELOPED IN EVERY DETAIL.

A COLLECTION INSPIRED BY YOU: HOW DOES IT FEEL?

It’s incredibly flattering, of course. I began my relation with marella last season as a model, great feeling on set and great pictures. In addition this time there is the collection that we worked together on.

WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF DESIGN AND HOW TO BE FOUND IN MARELLA?

My philosophy is based on one concept: to feel good and comfortable in what you wear. There are wonderful clothes out there, but they can make you feel out of place. It does not matter if your stylist tries to convince you otherwise. This capsule consists on Basic items: jackets, dresses, pants, all with a perfect fit, this is marella’s secret. The blazer enriched by the eccentric animal print has a flawless wearability thanks to a meticulous design of the silhouette. Until recently i would create resistance to leopard print, but i saw this dress and said «it is right for me». It is elegant, timeless, suitable for women of all ages.

WHAT’S YOU FAVOURITE ITEM?

I love the Blazer! It has some allure “boyfriend style”, yet it is extremely feminine. The choice of fabrics brings Brightness to the piece. Imagine it with boots. We have worked hard, and we see how perfect the outcome is. I think the key element that makes this collection so sophisticated is the accuracy in details. Like the skinny pants with a little zip to the bottom. A collection deceptively simple reinforced by the use of color; a pure expression of italian style.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ITALIAN STYLE?

A mix of energy, passion and elegance. I live in los angeles and i instantly recognize the italian women: their unnoticeable make-up, simple, always elegant. Italy has always taught the rules of fashion and anywhere in the world people choose to wear italian design.

YOU'VE BEEN PORTRAYED BY GREAT PHOTOGRAPHERS SUCH AS RICHARD AVEDON AND HERB RITTS: WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST OF THESE LEGENDS?

I was a child when i shot with them for the first time. Those two legends are truly responsible for launching my career. With herb i made my first covers: one for the italian magazine lei and the other for the face. Until then i'd only done one test. He was very respectful, he understood i was a child and never Booked me for more than a four- hour day. Richard shot me for the u.s. Edition of Mademoiselle and i flew all the way to new york with my mom. The magazine, realizing my actual age, initially refused to run the cover since i was a child. Richard however had faith in the images and threatened them that if they didn’t run it, he would no longer shoot for the magazine. The controversy over putting a child on a women’s magazine was the spark that ignited my career. And then musician and actress.

HOW DID YOU START?

I wouldn’t describe my music as a career, it’s more of a passion. I love to express myself musically since i was a child. I took up recording for the last six months and i am planning to release all the tracks on my website, i want to share them with my fans. As for my acting, it was not love at first sight, rather i wanted to be everything my mother was, she was an actress. It is only with the filming of the fifth element i realized how much i liked doing it.

IT IS EASY FOR AN ACTRESS TO LIVE WITH A HUSBAND-DIRECTOR?

I met him through my career and today we share a beautiful daughter together. What we do creatively and professionally is really the icing on the cake.

YOU HAVE A DEMANDING CAREER AND A DAUGHTER: HOW TO JUGGLE THINGS?

Great planning and communication with my husband is key. I also have a wonderful part time nanny to help a few days a week and who speaks russian with my daughter.

WHAT IS FEMININITY TO YOU?

Everything about being a woman from her strength to her more sensitive qualities.

DO YOU EVER WAKE UP AND FEEL HORRIBLE LIKE MOST WOMEN? WHO HAS NOT ENCOUNTERED IT?

The best remedy i believe is to get up and face it, take a shower and start your day. I have a little one to prepare for her day so nothing resolves those difficult mornings more than putting the needs of your children ahead of your own.

HOW DO YOU FEEL EVERY TIME YOU WALK THE RED CARPET?

A glamorous dream come true. But in the end, it's still work. Some experiences can be amazing, but for the most part it can be nerve wracking and hell to pay on a woman's feet. I have so many scars from beautiful, but deadly shoes.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP FIT?

I am fortunate to do action movies that take months of training.

DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE.

Eclectic and comfortable. I like to dress according to moods, mostly i am in leggings, jeans, jerseys and knits. Just because i like to be comfortable doesn’t mean i don’t put a little effort into being stylish!

FUTURE PLANS?

Slow down. No films this year, i devote most of my energy to the family, my music and then in september we will be promoting the latest resident evil: retribution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...