Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

post-30396-0-03914800-1424116332_thumb.p

America’s Got Talent/Project Runway star Heidi Klum is featured in the December 2014 issue of The Malaysian Women’s Weekly.

From the print issue:

Two years after her seven-year marriage to singer Seal ended, Heidi Klum, 41 is enjoying a whirlwind romance with art dealer Vito Schnabel, 27 and she’s never been happier.

What’s the best advice your mother has given to you about beauty?

“To be happy and smile. She’s always like, “Your best accessory is your smile. Be happy and make people happy.”

How are you doing as a single mother?

“Everything is good. My kids are doing great. I am happy.”

What are your hobbies?

“I have four kids. I have no time. I used to dance for 15 years before I started modeling. I love to paint too, but with four children, it’s impossible to have a hobby.”

America’s Got Talent and Project Runway will return with new seasons in 2015.

Heidi Klum on Returning to the Set Two Decades Later, Embracing Her 40s, and Advice for Gigi Hadid

post-2141-0-47473900-1425531666_thumb.jp post-2141-0-34693700-1425531679_thumb.jp

http://www.style.com/trends/celebrity/2015/heidi-klum-inc-interview

“I wish I had Instagram 20 years ago,” muses Heidi Klum, while on set in Los Angeles for INC’s next season. “I was just talking to my girlfriend the other day and saying how I would have taken so many great photos then and had a lot of things to post.” The 41-year-old and mother of four would certainly have been a compelling follow, taking fans along her career’s highlights, from behind-the-scenes shots of her now-iconic Sports Illustrated cover to her first campaign with INC 15 years ago (seen exclusively here on Style.com).

“It’s OK, I’m making up for lost time,” she says, laughing. And that she is, avidly snapping photos in multitudes from the set of America’s Got Talent, the obligatory beach photos, and her many intrepid looks from the award show red carpets for her 1.5 million followers.

Klum wrote a forward to INC’s new coffee-table book, celebrating its 30 years. In it are photos from INC’s archives that include supermodels like Alessandra Ambrosio, Molly Sims, Trish Goff, Helena Christensen, and others. Before going back to the set, Klum opened up about her revealing Versace gown at the Oscars (she went commando, for those wondering); her belly-dancing days of yesteryear; how 40 is the new 40; and the advice she’d give to new It girl Gigi Hadid. 

Tell me about that revealing Versace gown at the Oscars. It was quite a look.

It was one of my favorite pieces from the show, and I requested it as soon as I saw it. I got really lucky because it only got flown in from Milan the day before and I did the fitting on Saturday. Thankfully it fit. We closed some of the gaps—I didn’t want to show too much. But it fit.

Did you have a backup dress?

No. When you deal with Versace, they have these magical elves that make it all happen. They make the impossible possible. That has happened in the past and they have to work with a few hours. They work with a great seamstress. They hooked me up! Well, because of all the cutouts I could have worn something under, but since I was totally covered, I didn’t wear anything. So it was fine.

It’s already been 15 years since you last worked with INC, but you’ve stayed relatively the same physically. What’s the secret?

I wouldn’t say I look exactly the same. My hair was brown. I was much younger. I have four kids now. When I started 20 years ago, I had to change my eating habits from eating too many schnitzels and knödle and sauerkraut and sauces and all of that good stuff that my mom would cook. I changed when I started modeling. It’s competitive, and I would see how other girls were like and how they looked at what they ate. I had to change my lifestyle a little bit and eat healthier and exercise. I now each much, much healthier. 

So the secret to youth is what you eat. What do you cook and eat?

I cook pretty much everything, but not too many carbs. I used to do bagel and cream cheese in the morning, but now it’s more eggs and vegetables or oatmeal. I love black bread with cold cuts. I eat salads with chicken and meats and a lot of soups and vegetable soups and chicken soups. I’m not on a major diet or anything, I just don’t eat a lot of carbs like pizzas and pastas and breads. And I exercise a lot. But I was always very active.

You were very active in dancing. When did you start?

I started dancing when I was 6 years old, where I would dance ballroom, jazz, tap dance, and belly dance. I was always into belly dance. It was a huge thing in Germany; my mom was really into belly dancing. We took big belly-dancing classes with my mom. I don’t belly dance now, but I had these great costumes with these long veils that are attached to your fingers, because belly dancing is all about your hands and fingers. You know, you have those beautiful harem pants that could look like a skirt and you have dingly things on your feet and hips. I loved it. The bra with jingle stuff was everything. 

What’s the Heidi Klum like now compared with your younger self?

I don’t know, I’m still the same! The inside is still the same. I don’t think I’ve changed. I’ve learned so much in the last 20 years and I’ve had kids. Way back when, it was just me and my little suitcase traveling the world, doing jobs all over the globe. Now that has changed. I don’t travel as much anymore. But I still love this job as much as I did back then.

Would you give any advice to your 20-year-old self?

No, I wouldn’t change anything. I would do everything the same as I did. I always made the most of the day. I was always on time. I would stay until the very last minute until the job was done. I never looked at my watch and was like, “When is the job done?” I still do that now. I enjoy being on set. I remember when I first came to New York, I went to so many photographers and ad agencies. I went to studios and saw other girls working. I’d be like, “I want to get jobs, too!” So then when I started working, I was always happy remembering when I really wanted to get jobs.

Are the 40s the new 30s? The new 20s?

I hate saying the 40s are the new 30s. I’m in my 40s, and when I look in the mirror, I feel that I’m in my 40s. I don’t know if there’s a big difference between 30s and 40s. I feel super-energetic the same as when I was in my 30s. I hate these comparisons. Forties are 40s, 30s are 30s, and 20s are 20s. I’m happy in my skin.

You’re included with so many other great models of the past. Has anyone given you good career advice or life advice?

The only one I always looked up to was Tyra Banks. Tyra always wanted to do things other than just modeling. When she was creating America’s Next Top Model, I was creating Project Runway. We would go back and forth to see what each other’s shows were about. She’d ask me, and I’d ask her. We kind of took notes from each other. We kind of were driven to do more than just sit in front of the camera and model. We wanted to get into the television world and do products. We were both on that same path, so we’d exchange a lot. 

Now there are so many following in your footsteps, like current It girl Gigi Hadid. Any advice you’d give her?

I don’t think she needs advice. I’ve known Gigi for a very long time. She’s always wanted to be a model. She’s a hard worker and a beautiful girl, supersweet. I’ve known her mom for a very long time. This is what she’s always wanted to do, be a model. I think she’s doing a fantastic job, and she deserves what she’s getting.

Heidi Klum Gets Animated for 'Littlest Pet Shop' in Every Sense of the Word

Video clips here:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/heidi-klum-littlest-pet-shop-season-3-finale-sneak-112908320690.html

Animated gifs:

post-2141-0-36298700-1425703184_thumb.gi post-2141-0-95103500-1425703185_thumb.gi

Littlest Pet Shop is taking an unusual go-big-or-go-home approach to its Season 3 finale on Saturday, and they’ve enlisted quite the guest star in Heidi Klum. To say the leggy lady gets into her voiceover role is an equally big understatement.

"My character is Heidi," the America’s Got Talent host explains in our exclusive clip. “She’s crazy, she likes to sing, and she has an idea of putting a band together. She yodels all the time and she’s REALLY HYPER AND SHE SCREAMS, WOOHOO!”

"[Animated Heidi] is a little bit like me," Klum admits. "I like to yodel and I’m very enthusiastic and I’m very loud." She also notes, "I love being silly and putting my voice out there.

Making the choice to go unseen in a recording studio was easy for the 41-year-old mother of four. “My 4-year-old daughter Lou, she has all the toys. She has hundreds of them at home. She has a little box with all the little compartments and she has them all organized. They’re just so cute,” she says. “I’m proud that I can be one of the pets and that she can watch me on TV.”

The two-part Season 3 finale of Littlest Pet Shop airs Saturday at 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Discovery Family.