Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

I found this German article about Heidi. Can someone translate please? :D

http://magazine.web.de/de/themen/unterhalt...59901gYFTM.html

BTW, does anyone know where I can download the episodes of Germany's next top model online?

Jodie didn't get the whole translation (only the first page) so here it is:

I just do them!

Top model Heidi Klum not long ago returned to the catwalk and in front of the cameras with a good figure.

The indefatigable multi-talented one from Bergisch Gladbach is an advertising icon, designer, producer and TV show host. Which occupation label does she actually give herself? "Nothing at all - I just do them!" All the same, the name of the 33-year-old - which is trademark protected - already speaks for itself: like in the successful ProSieben casting show "Germany's Next Top Model - by Heidi Klum" whose second season is running now.

When she works in Germany, Heidi Klum lives with her parents - along with husband Seal and the three children: Leni (2), Henry (1) and Johan (3 months). They are always with her. With frequent use of the typical regional phrases, confirming "nä" [i don't know what "nä" means, but I think it's one of the "typical regional phrases"] Heidi tells about her current job and how it is to simulaneously be a superstar, super mama, and super entrepreneur. With this it falls often - not wonder, nä - the word "super".

Ms. Klum, do you sometimes still succeed in being unrecognized on the street?

Yes. People often do not recognize me on the first glance. Perhaps I am wearing a hat. Then when I buy something, they read my name on the credit card and they see me for the first time: "Alas, is it really you?"

After that do you get a lot of compliments?

In a restaurant once, someone approached me and said: "You almost look like Heidi Klum." I said, "Yes, a lot of people tell me that." And he answered: "But, you look much better than Heidi Klum!" I found that very amuzing.

Among the candidates for the new season of "Germany's Next Top Model" one has a really strong resemblance to you...

That was said to me once, but that has not been noticeable to me. Sadly, perhaps she could do my jobs shortly and I could stay at home and say: "You can go..."

You seem to always have a good mood. Are you really, or is that also a question of the training?

I believe it's both. I am naturally positively adjusted, have fun in life, have fun at my job. I always try to make to make the best out of it all. I do not always search for the hair in the soup - except if I must sign a contract.

At the moment, the second season of your model casting show runs. Can you see at first glance whether someone is suitable for the job?

When I have these 100 girls before me, I cannot outright recognize a winner. But, one can in short order pick out which one has more energy than the others. Therefore, we have one-to-one talks in the first episode. There we could rather unanimously pick out the best 25. The outward appearance counts, as well as how the girls speak. The answers are not very important, but do they bubble out of the girl or do they come out rather sluggish? It simply belongs to models to be able to present yourself well.

What tips do you give out time and time again?

I say: It comes out of you! That is always the most difficult. I myself was able to develop that over several years: at the push of a button to laugh, cry, be bad, and of course on the runway give that certain presence. These girls must learn that quickly: within eight weeks they must convice us. You cannot be shy on this job! You must present yourself, talk about products and speak from the text of a teleprompter. It is demanded of you, and something anyone can learn.

Is there a trick to that?

You must grasp that this is a simple job and when you do it you are an actress, you must always imagine yourself in other roles. I try to teach that to them.

In the USA already soon the fourth season of "Project Runway" runs that you co-developed and in it search for the next generation designer. Does the work in a German show differ from the that of the US show?

Actually not. I have the same clock in view there as well as here. If everyone is outside smoking I say: People come in again, I want to continue! I want to go home to my children - scurry, scurry, into the cup! I always keep my eye on the clock so that we make progress.

You still nevertheless have three small children - how do you manage that in general, uniting together your many varied tasks?

It is in any case difficult. With three small children it is always tremendously chaotic at home, but it is more difficult when I have a job that I must do daily from 8:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening. So I can divide the work myself. Normally, it is like this: if I have free time, I have really free time, mostly on the weekends. Then I can be away with my children. When I work, I pass on the work either to my husband or to one of the nannies.

You and your family lead a life on two continents...

I will always be a German in my heart. It was also very important to me to have a German nanny because I would like my children to be bilingual. They are that way now, and I am super proud of that. Here in Germany Leni and Henry also go to the kindergarten. In the USA, we moved from New York to Beverly Hills about a year and a half ago because my husband Seal has his band there and uses it as his starting point for everything. For me, it is not so important where I live. Now we live in Beverly Hills for a while - it is also beautiful there.

Does a difference exist between being prominent in Germany or a superstar in the USA?

That I can only badly judge. I see myself in the newspaper there - I see myself in the newspaper here, on television there - on television here. To be sure, I find the press in Europe to be more gossipy.

Has that given you unpleasant experiences?

Here I often read strange things that do not make sense. They state them in quotation marks as if we really said them. That is something that does not happen to me in America. My mother recently held something under my nose that said "We have anxiety about our child" because of [a type of skin disease]. We have no anxiety! And what kind of illness!? So that reporting is not reporting - it has nothing to do with facts.

What dreams and goals does Heidi Klum have with her picture-book career and fulfilled private life?

Everyday when I go to work, I want that day to be super and successful. That everything runs super gives me the best feeling. I have goals in all my jobs that I have already made. I also have new projects but those will shortly become official. I always work on new things.