Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

new article, if somebody understands can read and translate

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9258/17...10420011ig5.jpg

Heidi Klum

Her first job after the [pregnancy?]

Only two months after Johan came into the world, the supermodel stands again in front of the camera - for a new shoot for the perfume chain Douglas. Afterwards she returns to Germany. It is really difficult to accept: first a little over two months have passed since the birth of Klum's third child. Nevertheless, Heidi (age 33) looks again like she was never pregnant. With a perfect figure, skin made of silk, and radiant eyes she completes her first job since the birth of baby Johan: the ad campaign "Spring 2007" for the perfume chain Douglas. [The shoot] was two days long in Los Angeles.

For it, she slips on a bright red evening dress and a yellow summer dress. And she was always in the best mood, amusing the whole team with her jokes. "It is once again very expensive and exciting. The shoots with Douglas are very fun to do every time, there are always exceptional locations and first-class production with fantastic ideas," she says.

Shortly after the shoot, Klum will finally return to her old homeland. She flies with her three children Leni (age 2), Henry (age 1) and baby Johan as well as the nannies to Germany. At the beginning of February the filming for the second season of "Germany's Next Top Model" (Pro 7) returns. During this time Heidi and her family will live with her parents in Bergisch Gladbach. Her father Gunther has extra space for them.

And who looks after the mini-Klums? "When Heidi is filming, the two bigger children will go to a Kindergarten that we have organized," says Gunther Klum. Then the offspring of Heidi and Seal will play with German kids.

In addition, the homegrown supermodel looks forward to Karneval. To be sure, she will not be participating directly in the parade but she wants to watch it with her family from the hotel. And then they would all sing the carnival song "Mer lasse den Dom in Kölle".

thank you c :hug:

i didn't know that you understand german

I had 3 years of German in high school, plus German grandparents. :heythere:

Thank you. Its so cool that Henry and Leni will be in Kindergarten but isn't Henry a little young for it?

Kindergarten in Germany isn't the same as it is in the US. It could mean any kind of day care center. ;)

Old interview from when she did the James Bond "Everything or Nothing" video game:

1UP: From supermodel to superspy… what's the deal?

Heidi: I've always wanted to take part in a videogame, and when Electronic Arts offered the opportunity to be in Everything or Nothing, I couldn't refuse. I love that I get the chance to be the girl who jumps off buildings, kiss Pierce Brosnan and leap out of helicopters. You know, all the stuff I normally do in real life…

1UP: What's with the Bond connection?

Heidi: Anything with Bond attached instantly becomes a cult thing. I wanted to be part of such a high-profile ensemble cast too. Besides, it's also great to be bad.

1UP: Pity our girlfriends don't think the same way you do…

Heidi: Oh, yeah, right… because no women like videogames as much as men. Maybe it's because they're too busy cooking and cleaning for you, hmmm? Saying girls don't appreciate games is stereotyping… I think a lot of females dig it. They just don't always make it as public as the boys.

1UP: Be that as it may, sarcasm doesn't become you, doll. Let's cut to the chase -- what is it you and your fellow partners in estrogen find so appealing about games?

Heidi: I can't speak for all women, but personally, I love how they're starting to look more and more like movies. If you give Everything or Nothing a try, you'll see a character that actually resembles me in there, plus doubles of Pierce Brosnan, Willem Dafoe and other recognized actors. Developers have done such a good job of creating characters and building so many ways to play into titles like this that you can now be anyone in a videogame. All limitations are gone. The beauty of a game like Everything or Nothing is that because of it, the experience changes depending on who you play as, so the experience never gets boring. As a whole, games have become very real looking, which makes them quite attractive to casual players such as myself.

1UP: Mmmm hmmm… and we're to assume you're someone who's a regular on Xbox Live and can whoop anyone's ass at Halo?

Heidi: [Laughs] Let's not go that far. I don't play that many games. But just because I don't spend much time with a PlayStation 2 doesn't mean I'm not familiar with the hobby. So many people love it, and I really want to be a part of the gaming phenomenon. With all the projects I have going on at any one time, I just can't be as hardcore a gamer as I'd like.

1UP: Fair enough. Any particular reason you think people are so enamored with the pastime?

Heidi: It goes back to that movies comment I made earlier. People love watching films. Only with games, instead of watching a movie, you actually become an active part of one. Leaping headfirst into danger, kissing girls like me… you get to experience everything the hero would. Being fast, bad, tough… it's a rush. People love that stuff, you know? I guess you'd call it mastering their fantasies.

1UP: Game designers definitely do borrow liberally from Hollywood filmmakers, but do you also see the connection working the opposite way?

Heidi: Sure! Think about productions like Catwoman, Alias and such. Everyone's kickboxing, running up houses… flicks like Kill Bill, which dominate box offices, are becoming much more stylish. It really reminds me of video games. Even Oscar winners like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon are taking cues from home console fare. Impossible fighting moves, walking up the wall, characters who can invoke mystical powers… it's all standard issue game material.

1UP: Were there a few silver screen gems you drew inspiration for your interactive acting debut?

Heidi: Just one -- Kill Bill. I love watching girls kick ass. Normally guys get to do all the fun stuff like fighting with enemies, drawing blood, kicking butt. It's nice when the ladies get the opportunity to turn the tables. I'm feminine, but I hate all that girlie "I broke a nail" crap. I like seeing women pull hair and chop heads off. Don't ask me why.

1UP: Any particular type of game you're especially partial to?

Heidi: Strangely enough, yes, but not what you'd expect. I really want to strap on a helmet and try those crazy virtual reality simulators. I just want to experience it once, but I'm afraid it'll be so realistic that I'll get sucked in. It makes me wonder how far I'd go to escape my current life. Like, I'm not into hypnotism and all that, but a break from the real world is good now and then. I haven't had the chance to dive into gaming as much as I'd like, but Everything or Nothing will be a good experiment, even if all I get to do is watch and observe what people are doing with my character. I really want to be a part of the gaming world… I just wish I had more time for it!

Interview from AOL:

http://books.aol.com/feature/_a/interview-...710102209990001

From AOL this is 'Required Reading' with the AOL Book Maven, Bethanne Patrick.

Heidi Klum, one of America's most famous supermodels and host/executive producer of 'Project Runway,' recently spoke with AOL's Book Maven Bethanne Patrick about her new book 'Body of Knowledge: Eight Rules of Model Behavior.'

Now, on to the interview: Read as Heidi tells us how she made it to the top by doing what she enjoys and having the drive to want it.

Bethanne Patrick: Thanks so much for being here with us today. And we're going to talk about your book and the new season of 'Project Runway.' There's so much going on. How do you get the time to do everything in your life?

Heidi Klum: How do I get the time? How do mothers get the time? I don't really have a nine-to-five job that I have to go to every day. I'm basically self-employed and if I want to have off, I can have off. So I'm quite lucky that way that I can have different projects, so I go in and out of season with 'Project Runway.' I do 'Germany's Next Top Model' in Europe and different lines of Birkenstocks and my jewelry line. So I can do a lot of things from home or on the road. Sometimes I design when I'm in a plane, so over the years I've worked like that. It works very well for me. I'm very fortunate that way.

Bethanne Patrick: With 'Body of Knowledge,' where did the idea come from to write an advice book with model behavior in mind?

Heidi Klum: I was asked to do a book, a typical model book. I didn't want to just show pictures. I've never been the high-high fashion model; I've never really done the fashion shows in Paris and Milan; I was never a high-high fashion model in that way. I did more commercials and magazine covers -- I was more on the commercial route. I felt like I had so many stories to tell on how I still made it even though I wasn't walking the shows of Chanel, Galliano and the big-big designers whom everyone gets to see. Usually models get picked by doing those types of shows and I had a different route. I wanted to tell people how you can still pursue a goal that you have in mind.

Bethanne Patrick: This book is not just about fashion and how to be a model. It's more about how to take several secrets that models use and apply them to your own life. Is that correct?

Heidi Klum: I think that we all have a certain femininity and we sometimes can use it and play with it a little bit more in all [areas of] business. Or even just, how can you make more out of your life? I was always the person with the piece of paper with my highest goal and I was always thinking, 'How am I going to get there?' I surrounded myself with different people that I could ask questions. I always was a very hard worker when it was about castings and they gave you four castings; I always said, 'No, I want more castings. Give me 10 castings.' If I meet more people then maybe I will have more of a chance. I was always a go-getter. I wanted to work my way up. I was thinking about ways to do that because things don't just slide [into] your lap.

Bethanne Patrick: You say that one of the eight rules is, 'You have to want it, baby.' Give us a couple of other rules, if you don't mind, and tell us how you applied those in your own career and life.

Heidi Klum: For me the most important thing was always that you have something in mind that you want to do, that you enjoy doing, because a lot of people have a job, but they're not happy. I think you have to think about what it is you really want to do in life and pursue that, and do it with fun; have a smile on your face, because then you're happy. You're happy and you can be open, you can be nice with people, and you have a different appearance and feeling of life than when you are in a job you hate. So for me that was always the most important thing. Then I wrote about traveling because I've traveled a lot, because I think it's very important for people to have experiences in their life. Maybe they can't go overseas because it's too expensive, or go to Thailand or Hong Kong, or all the amazing places I've been to, but then go a little further outside the town that you're in, but I always feel like life is about creating memories especially with a partner. That's why we like to do things together, because then you have things to talk about that make you more of an interesting person.

Bethanne Patrick: That's true. They say it's very important to have those new experiences when you are a couple, to keep things fresh and new.

Heidi Klum: Yeah, not just as a couple, but also if you meet someone new, some friends, and you talk about things. If you're someone who never experienced anything and only sits on the couch and watches TV, then you don't have that much to talk about. It's nice that you can talk from an experience, and even if it was, 'I just went to the next town and I went and saw this play,' or if you're in Florida, 'I drove to Key West.' You [don't] have to have a lot of money and travel the world, but just do little trips and have little experiences in life.'

Bethanne Patrick: You left home at 19 to pursue your dream of becoming a model, and you were in a very small place in Germany, Bergisch-Gladbach, and that's still a very important place for you. What is your advice for people going out and pursuing a dream, but then staying grounded with your family?

Heidi Klum: I don't know if everyone has the same drive, the same power of wanting to go forward. But I think people always have to have a little bit. For my husband, for me, it's a little bit different. We're in the public eye, so people know our faces and we have to deal with other things, but it has its pros and cons, and at the same time, we're people too. Being in the public eye doesn't mean we don't have things to worry about. It's not always all picture-perfect for us: you know you have your bills to pay, and you have bad days, or you have things to deal with, or your kids are misbehaving, or there's a hole in the roof and it's raining in the house. We have problems like other people do to, it's just you see us in magazines, or you see him on stage, so it might appear that we don't have any worries at all, but we have problems like other people.

Bethanne Patrick: Well, it's hard for everybody to imagine Heidi Klum with baby spit up on her shoulder, but of course that happens, especially with two children and a third on the way. Now, with pregnancy and motherhood, how have you handled those transitions in keeping your body healthy, keeping your style, and putting your best face forward?

Heidi Klum: I think that being pregnant should make a difference to a woman. I think that you should always have a healthy lifestyle with everything that you do. With your head having a healthy mind, being forward, being happy, being really content and happy with yourself, and the same with working out and eating good. And if you have all of that before the pregnancy, during the pregnancy, it will be much easier for you afterwards to get back in shape and understand the process of your body being pregnant and going through these different stages. A lot of people get really depressed when they get really big, 'Oh my God, I'm so big! I don't know if I'm ever going to be skinny again!' But I think that's just nature, and the most important thing is that you have a healthy child afterwards to look forward to. And your body will go back.

Bethanne Patrick: And when is this next baby due?

Heidi Klum: Not until the end of the year....

Bethanne Patrick: And where will you have this baby? Do you go home to Germany?

Heidi Klum: No, we will be in Los Angeles. We have our main base in Los Angeles right now, because we have two children and they love being outside and jumping in the pool. You just have a little bit more space than in New York City.

Bethanne Patrick: That's so exciting to be having a third. I do hear that it changes the family dynamic a great deal.

Heidi Klum: It does. We're a new family and we're just figuring it out for ourselves too. We don't know everything and sometimes you can't read everything in books, sometimes you have to figure out how things work for you, but it's a lot of fun. We have always wanted to have a big family and that's what we're working on right now.

Bethanne Patrick: That's so exciting. Another part of your life that is debuting this week is the next season of 'Project Runway.' Tell us a little bit about that.

Heidi Klum: 'Project Runway' is something I started with Harvey Weinstein and my publicist, Hedwig Gruber, and we were very excited to come up with this concept, and then we went around and we sold it to Bravo. Now we're in our third season which airs Wednesdays on Bravo. It's about designers; we give them challenges and they create these amazing outfits from sometimes a hundred dollars and they end up looking like a thousand dollars, which is really impressive. People have caught on to the show. They love what they do. It was something that we believed in from the beginning. It's interesting to watch creative people working at their best. It's not only people that are inside the fashion world that are interested in it, it's people that have nothing to do with fashion. They love watching the show and I am very happy about that.

Bethanne Patrick: Why do you think that people who are outside of fashion [industry] love it?

Heidi Klum: Like I said, because I really think people love watching creative people make clothes. We have 16 designers and sometimes I give them a day to make an evening gown out of some crazy materials. All these people come up with something different and you can watch them in the process.

Bethanne Patrick: Speaking of making things, a couple of things you mentioned were your Birkenstock line, your jewelry and your perfume. You also have a candy line and when people think of Heidi Klum, it doesn't compute, but the candy is special.

Heidi Klum: I've been working with a candy company for about four years in Europe. It's fat-free, and it's a really, really yummy candy. And just because you're a model doesn't mean that we don't eat candy. We all do, and I really love the candy. It's gummy candy.

Bethanne Patrick: So you're going after the things that really make you, Heidi Klum, very happy?

Heidi Klum: Yeah. All the things that have my name on it, I'm working on things now that can hopefully come out in the next year, are all things that either were my hobbies, or things that I really believe in and that I use myself.

Bethanne Patrick: Is there anything that you can tell us about?

Heidi Klum: For example, the perfume. I always wanted something that I really loved, so I created that perfume. I loved Birkenstocks, but I always thought they were a little too granola for me, so I started bedazzling them and working with a company. Sometimes I go out to the stores and they don't have what I want, so I started making jewelry. I love making jewelry, so that's something that I've been doing for three years. That's how I started making things. I'm working on something now that hopefully will go into the stores and be seen next year.

Bethanne Patrick: Very exciting: Your next book, Heidi, I think should be about entrepreneurship because that's really what you are.

Heidi Klum: Thank you. I like making things and I always like to look to the future and look for different things. That's what keeps me going. I'm very interested in making things myself. I can't sew and do the things that our designers do on 'Project Runway,' but I always have ideas. I just need some hands that are really good and can put my ideas and my dreams to reality.

Bethanne Patrick: There you go America. Heidi Klum needs hands. She needs people to bring these rules and these dreams to reality, so I want to say thanks so much, and again, 'Body of Knowledge: Eight Rules of Model Behavior' from Crown Books. Take care and all the best with the baby.

Heidi Klum: Thank you very much.