Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Interview with Parade Magazine:

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-...ve/pc_0194.html

Fashion Shows Are Not My Thing

She's a hit reality TV icon, bluntly announcing to losing contestants on Bravo's Project Runway, "You're out!" And Heidi Klum is back for the fifth season of the series that gives struggling fashion designers a chance to make the big-time. But that's only the tip of the iceberg for the supermodel turned entrepreneur. She also hosts and executive produces the popular Next Top Model in Germany and has created her own lines of perfume, shoes, jewelry and lingerie.

Somehow, Klum manages to put her three kids and husband Seal first on her crowded agenda.

How do you feel when you have to tell a contestant they're not going to be coming back?

"It's tough not to be a winner. I always think back to when I won my first modeling competition in Germany. I was 18 and I just had to get out there and try hard. You've got to keep going and not give up. That's what I advise the designers who are on the show. But I don't think that I'm mean to the contestants or do things to cause them any pain. I value honesty and I think they do too."

Ever feel people aren't being honest with you?

"People in the business always say, 'You look fabulous.' You get that all the time and it kind of goes in one ear and out the other because most of the time they just say that to make you feel good. It's nice when you hear it from an ordinary person and then I appreciate it."

Do you miss the runway?

"Fashion shows have never been my thing. I don't look thin enough for the runway. The other girls were always much taller and skinnier. But I've never starved myself or done crazy things just to be thin like a rail."

Did you think you'd be a model when you were growing up?

"People wouldn't tell me that I was beautiful, but I don't have any ugly duckling stories either. I think I was normal. I liked to experiment with fashions but then there were years where I just wore jeans and t-shirts, too. I was a normal girl going to school with pimple problems or boyfriend problems."

What makes Heidi run?

"I'm a very driven person. I'm always going after my goals. You just get up in the morning and kick yourself in the butt. I'd like to show people that they can have that same drive to go where they want to go. It's up to you and not to anybody else. For me it's about having control of my image. I like to do everything myself. If I put my name on something I want to be hands on with it."

You and Seal seem to have no problem sharing parenting duties.

"Seal is a wonderful daddy. He never minded changing diapers, he loves to sing lullabies and he's always 100% there. We have that in common as parents. I had a very normal childhood with my brother and my parents who are still together. We were always very close and would talk to each other about what we did during the day. I think it's important to try to keep that in a family."

What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

"I jumped into the water with 45 sharks without a cage in the Bahamas for a Discovery Channel show. That was a really good experience. I'm not saying that everyone should swim with sharks, but sometimes you have to jump over your own shadow in order to learn something that you will never forget for the rest of your life. Then you know you can conquer your fears."

Thanks for posting the article ez_c. I said it once and I'll say it again (and probably many more times), I love these kinds of interviews, you really get a sense of the person. And Heidi's are some of my favorites. :)

Thanks for the pics magic. I had seen that 4th pic of Heidi in the VS in Herald Sq, but I never realized it was her. Very Sexy indeed.

thanks for posting both. I was just coming in here to post that Parade article. Can anyone tell me why her looks so weird in that picture?

Which picture? And what makes you say she looks weird?

thanks for posting both. I was just coming in here to post that Parade article. Can anyone tell me why her looks so weird in that picture?

I am talking about the project Runway promotional picture Heidi's arm look weird.

I am talking about the project Runway promotional picture Heidi's arm look weird.

Maybe they "retouched" her tattoo. Her forearm does look pretty thin.

Thanks for the article. :thumbsup: