Bellazon

Arizona Muse
Thumbnail

Vanessa_gxox

I-D Magazine

Arizona Muse deserves her name: she’s from Arizona, and is a muse for Estée Lauder Modern Muse. Signed to NEXT, Anna Wintour says she sees shadows of Linda Evangelista and Natalia Vodianova in her, plus a “gorgeous, smart grown-up.” Wide-set eyes and a sense of effortlessness made Arizona stand out as a strong new face and she’s sustained it since. Arizona is cool enough to carry off a Next campaign and still be right for Jil Sander, Prada and Miu Miu. Few models have been serenaded by David Bowie, but Arizona was when he sang to her (with harpsichord accompaniment) in a recent Vuitton campaign. Legend!

Where are you from?
I was born in Arizona, grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'm half English and I feel like a true Brit. 
How were you discovered?
I was spotted in LA while out with some friends. I still get scouted now in NY which is flattering and funny.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Time travelling! Let me explain. When you leave Asia and fly in the right direction you technically land in LA before the time you left Asia. Pretty cooooool.
What’s been your weirdest fashion industry experience?
The whole thing is pretty weird to be honest, but it's such an inspiring, creative industry I’m so privileged to be a part of it.
Why did you choose the name Nikko for your son?
Nikko is a great name. My last name is Greek, so the two made sense together. His full name is Nikko Finn Muse. 
Do you bring him with you when you travel around the world? 
When he was a baby I did bring him with me all the time. Now he’s started school in London, which he loves, I try to limit travelling to school holidays, it’s important for him to have a real sense of routine.
What’s your favourite thing to do with your son?
Lie in bed together and chat before bedtime. It’s really funny to get a 3-year-old still like that, lying down, no distractions, just words, he says the most amazing and hilarious things… Often about tractors lol.
Who are your best friends in the fashion industry? 
I absolutely love Suki Waterhouse, we recently hosted a party together which was crazy and fun and my birthday party! Poppy and Cara Delevingne are great friends of mine, they are so quintessentially British. I love them. I have loved getting to know Aerin Lauder over the last year, she is such an inspirational woman. I have learnt so much from her.
What’s been your career highlight?
Seeing myself on the cover of French Vogue was a real moment for me, I was so proud not only for myself, but also for my amazing agents, it’s such a team effort in this industry. But my real highlight has got to be having my own fragrance Modern Muse, that’s every little girls dream right?
What was the last dream you had? 
That I was riding a horse through the desert, kind of like the Lana Del Ray video for Ride.
What’s the most rebellious thing you’ve ever done? 
I felt most rebellious when I first cut all my hair off after I had my son! It felt so liberating and wasactually a turning point in my career. It just goes to show sometimes it’s good to be rebellious!
What was the last film that made you cry? 
Untouchable with Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy, it’s a French film, the music is incredible. It will make you laugh and cry.
What were your last three Google searches? 
'Yoga in Kensington,' I’m looking for a new place. 'Heathrow express timetable,' I was flying to NYC for a shoot. 'Acting workshops New York,' because I have started acting classes and I didn't want to miss a beat whilst I was in New York
Do you believe in true love? 
Yes, I do because the moment I had my son I understood exactly what the phrase meant.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given? 
"Work hard and be nice to people", from Faith Kates, my agent. And "never assume you know" from my dear friend Cody Horn. 
Where do you see yourself in five years time? 
Modelling, acting, being a mum, hopefully still in London because it’s my spiritual home and happy, surrounded by people that make me smile.

post-56515-0-19663200-1384622707_thumb.jpost-56515-0-25750700-1384622710_thumb.jpost-56515-0-82549600-1384622711_thumb.jpost-56515-0-67066600-1384622712_thumb.jpost-56515-0-74174500-1384622713_thumb.j