Bellazon

Mesut Özil
Thumbnail

ellie sky

Q: How has your adaptation to Madrid been like?

A: I’m feeling very good, I like being in a great city like Madrid. The people are very friendly and my teammates have treated me very well and have supported me a lot.

Q: What do you think of Lyon? Who’s the favorite?

A: We finished first in our group and I think that brings respect. And we also respect our rivals. We don’t have fear, we’re going to play our game and of course, our objective is to pass to the next round.

Q: Is there a desire for revenge against Lyon?

A: It’s not precisely revenge. We want to win, play our game and not give the rival opportunities. It’s a new season, and we want to advance as far as possible and bring the Champions to Madrid. It’s a difficult task, but we hope to get to the next round.

Q: Is there resentment between Casillas and Cristiano?

A: I don’t think so. I look around in the locker room and I see that they get along perfectly well. That’s why I don’t think there’s anything true about that.

Q: It’s also been said that some teammates don’t celebrate the goals…

A: I celebrate with the entire team. After each goal, you can see that the team is happy and that we all get together, you can see that we’re like a small family.

Q: You’ve played 20 games, 19 as a starter, but after Christmas, Kaká will be back. Who’s going to start?

A: My goal is to play all the games, which is why I train very hard, but it’s up to the coach to decide. I want to keep on improving, I feel great playing here and I think we can play well together.

Q: You’ve scored five goals and given nine assists, including some wonderful ones that reminded people of Guti. Are you the new Guti?

A: Guti was an extraordinary player with a lot of personality, but I’m Özil and I want to be the best, but in my style. You can compare me with other players, but I have my own way of playing and I’m going to do my best to improve to help out my team.

Q: You appear to be quite timid off the field. You’re young but we’ve seen your artistic talents.

A: I did that for my sponsors and I had fun, but I don’t have the voice to be a singer. I like football, and show business is not for me. I’m a calm person, I like to be with my friends and family and to stay at home.

Q: What is a day in the life of Özil like?

A: I love Madrid. It’s a very cosmopolitan city, I go out to shop, to eat at restaurants, I’ve been to visit parts of the city with teammates and it’s a city that I like a lot and I’m getting to know it more with each day.

Q: What is your favorite type of food?

A: Turkish specialties. What my mother cooks, but I also like Spanish food.

Q: What are you going to do this Christmas?

A: I’m going to be with my family, and after that on vacation with friends.

Q: Mourinho apparently wants the team to be in the concentración right after the new year starts [at 01:30h]. What’s your opinion?

A: I don’t know anything about that, but that’s our profession and we have to do it.

Q: You received death threats when you had to choose between Turkey and Germany, was it difficult?

A: Everyone can have their opinion, but I knew that I was going to play for Germany because that’s where I was born and where I have my family and friends. I received an invitation from Germany and after that one from Turkey, but I knew that I would play for Germany.

Q: Did the World Cup change your life?

A: It made me more well-known. But I’m the same Özil as I’ve always been, the one that likes to be with friends and family and to enjoy football like a child. I’m very proud of having made it to Real Madrid, to have been wanted by one of the best teams in the world. The World Cup was an extraordinary experience and Spain was a just winner.

Q: A desire for 2011.

A: Health is the most important, along with being successful in football, achieving the personal goals that I set for myself.

Q: How are your Spanish classes going? When are you going to start speaking Spanish?

A: I think in two or three months.

Ozail Astrologically

Libra

Libra

The Scales

Modality: Cardinal

Element: Air

Ruler: Venus

Season: Fall

7th Sign of Zodiac

Metal: Copper

Stone: Diamond, Quartz, Marble

Color: Pastel Green

Anatomy: Kidneys

Keywords: just, sociable, refined, accommodating, kind, fair, diplomatic, likable, indecisive, respectful, artistic

Comparison with the Libra symbol, the Balance:

Libra the Scales BalanceA balance weighs and measures; and so do Libra natives. Librans seek equality, harmony, and balance. The scales are also a symbol of justice.

Libra's symbol is the only symbol in the zodiac that is inanimate (it is not represented by an animal or person).

Where is Libra in your chart? This is the area in life where you strive for balance and equilibrium. If this part of your life seems unbalanced, you seek to change that. It is in this sphere of your life that you strive to be fair and just.

The glyph, or symbol, of Libra represents the setting sun. It also resembles an "equal" sign, though it more accurately reflects an "approximately equal to" symbol. Again, Libra's drive to compare and balance is represented in its glyph.

Ozil: I'm at the biggest club

Real Madrid schemer Mesut Ozil has admitted he is relishing life at the “biggest club in the world.”

The German playmaker was snapped up by Madrid from Werder Bremen in the summer after his scintillating displays for his country at the World Cup in South Africa saw a host of clubs queuing for his signature.

Having settled nicely into Jose Mourinho's side, Ozil has quickly become a vital cog in Madrid's midfield and he has now targeted some silverware at the end of his first campaign in Spain.

Speaking to channel ABC, he said: "I have adapted quickly since coming here. I have had the support of my family, and everything has gone without a hitch. It all seems familiar to me. The training is serious, but we have fun together off the field.

"I am so pleased to have joined the world's biggest club, but I still have many dreams that I need to fulfil. I have not won a title yet, and Mourinho told me he wanted me in his team at all costs.

"He convinced me, and I am here. Real Madrid want to achieve success, and this is only possible if everyone in the team supports each other."

The capital side are currently second in the domestic table with 41 points and just two points behind league leaders Barcelona.

‘Ozi’ at XLSemanal

by unamadridista

For Mesut Özil fans – and there must be many, as he’s had a great start to the season – I can’t imagine a better way to start this year off than with a great interview with your boy, as he’s on the cover of XLSemanal this week! In the interview inside, ‘Ozi’ talks about happiness, integration and his love for shoes (we have something in common)!

The cover’s not bad either… we get a glimpse of abs, and I see more definition! Mesut really likes black shoes with white soles, no?

Q: How are you doing in Spain?

A: I’m very happy. I’ve adapted quickly, and I’ve had the support of my family that was here with me during the first few weeks. The team and Mourinho helped me with the acclimation.

Q: What was it like going into the locker room for the first time? Were you received with arrogance by any of the superstars such as Cristiano Ronaldo? [¡Vaya pregunta!]

A: None of that. Everyone greeted me with affection, everyone was very nice. And they continue to be nice.

Q: It’s always been said that joining a group of stars like this one is like jumping into a pool full of sharks…

A: It’s the opposite. It’s very family-oriented. We take the training sessions seriously, but we have a great time together off the field.

Q: For example?

A: I laughed when someone from the team used a computer to give each player a crazy hairstyle and then put the photos up on each locker.

Q: You’re 21 years old and you’ve signed for six years with a contract that guarantees that you won’t have to ever worry about money again. Does it frighten you that you’ve already accomplished all your dreams?

A: I’m in the grandest club in the world, at the orders of the best coach in the world… but so far I haven’t won a title with Real Madrid. There’s still a long and difficult road ahead of me until I achieve all my dreams.

Q: What is your long-term objective?

A: To be one of the best players in the world. That’s why I took the step of coming to Madrid, because I wanted to continue growing here, with Mourinho. I’m very happy with my new coach, and not only because he’s won a lot of titles with various teams.

Q: What made you decide to sign with Madrid?

A: The most important factor was a conversation with Mourinho. He told me that he wanted me on his team at any cost. It lasted half an hour, or maybe 45 minutes, on the phone. He convinced me and that’s why I’m here. He told me he was counting on me.

Q: What did he tell you exactly?

A: I don’t want to enter into details. The important thing is that he convinced me. In addition, in the last few years he’s shown that many players grow with him.

Q: You consider yourself timid and introverted, but it doesn’t appear that way when you step on the field. Do you become another person when you play football?

A: I think so. I remember when I was a kid: whenever I saw a ball, I only thought about kicking it, in having fun, in triumphing. It’s the same now.

Q: The sporting press has praised you very enthusiastically. How does this affect you?

A: I feel proud, but I was educated to always keep my feet on the ground in whatever situation in my life.

Q: Who is your biggest critic outside the club?

A: My father Mustafa, who is my principal critic and adviser. He’s always been sincere with me. When I didn’t play well, he would tell me that I had to change this thing or that thing. He continues to do that and I value him a lot.

Q: Your jersey number, 23, had not brought a lot of luck to the last few players who wore it, such as Wesley Sneijder or Rafa van der Vaart. Are you superstitious?

A: I’m not worried about the number. The “23″ was free and so I got it, that’s all.

Q: In your first days in Madrid, the press talked about some statements Mourinho made about you and Sami Khedira and how you didn’t speak Spanish or English well. How did you fix that?

A: I’m taking Spanish classes, and it’s going well. A lot of the players speak English and translate for me. Of course, for me it’s an advantage that Sami Khedira also signed for Madrid, because he’s a teammate that I can talk to and he helps me a lot.

Q: Where are you learning Spanish?

A: A professor comes to my house two or three times a week. She gives me work and I do it. I’m very diligent. I want to speak the language as soon as possible.

Q: What do your new teammates call you? In Bremen, they nicknamed you Messi…

A: That’s what they called me in Bremen and on the national team. Here, in Madrid, they call me Ozi, without the umlaut on top of the “O.”

Q: You’re known for leading a normal life, without luxuries or eccentricities. Now you’re part of the “galactic” club… how do you resist all the temptations?

A: I’m not interested in them. What I want is to continue growing as a footballer, to triumph on the field. The world of VIPs doesn’t interest me. I prefer to stay at home, with my family and my friends.

Q: Do you swear that’s the truth?

A: When I want to have a good time, I have a good time, and I can do that perfectly with my friends and family.

Q: You’ve said your biggest idol is Zidane… is it because he also had no interest in pursuing fame?

A: Zidane has always fascinated me. His way of playing, his ambidexterity, his unpredictability, the danger he was in front of the goal… for me, he was the perfect player.

Q: In your country, you’ve been described as the new “German hero,” an example of integration, the model German with Turkish roots. Does that bother you?

A: In no way. I took on the German nationality because that’s what I wanted. I decided to play for the German national team because as a kid I already wanted to play for Germany, because I belong to a third generation in Germany, because I feel good there, because I have a lot of friends there. That’s the message I want to transmit to young people, and if I can, to be an example to follow.

Q: It’s been said that you received a lot of pressure to choose the Turkish national team…

A: It didn’t influence me; it was my own decision. My friends knew it and supported me. For me, there was no other country to consider.

Q: Do you see yourself as the captain of the German national team?

A: What I want above everything else is to play well, in Madrid and on my national team. I give it my all so that the coach will continue to count on me for the next game.

Q: You met Angela Merkel during the World Cup, when she visited the locker room after the 4-0 against Argentina. How was that meeting?

A: Very positive. The chancellor was very nice, very educated, very natural.

Q: What do you think of her?

A: I admire her a lot. I value what she’s achieved, what she’s done for Germany. I value it a lot. In South Africa, she was very friendly, very nice with all of us.

Q: Did you vote in the most recent elections?

A: Yes, but I won’t talk more about that.

Q: In your country, there’s always some talk about how Germany has messed up in the politics of integration over the last few decades. Does that bother you?

A: Of course. I want with all my heart a day when everyone in Germany feels like a one big family. We all live together, a lot of Turks also have German passports, and want to integrate. That’s why I regret that this discussion is held over and over again.

Q: How can the situation be changed?

A: The fundamental thing is to get to know each other better, Germans and Turks. It’s important that people exchange ideas, points of view and opinions. In that way, integration will function better.

Q: Let’s return to your roots. You learned to play football on a field enclosed by a wire fence which everyone in Gelsenkirchen called “the monkey cage.” Were you the king there?

A: My older brother Mutlu was very good; he was also very talented.

Q: But your brother plays in a regional league today. Is there any envy between the brothers?

A: No. Mutlu has always supported me, he’s very proud of me.

Q: Do you keep in touch with your old friends from Gelsenkirchen?

A: Of course. I was just on vacation with them and one of these days they’ll come to visit me in Madrid.

Q: A while ago, you were seen taking economy class on your vacations…

A: Yes, I go to Mallorca on Air Berlin. And in Germany, on domestic flights, I don’t mind sitting all the way in the back.

Q: What is the biggest luxury you’ve allowed yourself lately?

A: The most expensive was setting up my house in Madrid.

Q: Where do you save money?

A: I save a lot, but I also want to enjoy life. I pay attention to prices. For example, I like to shop in Zara, but I also buy clothing from Dolce&Gabbana, Dsquared and True Religion.

Q: Does fashion interest you?

A: I have my own style, I buy my own clothes. I love shoes. In my house, I have a special room for them.

Q: You also love the cinema.

A: Yes, I like movies, especially action movies and mafia movies.

Q: What types of books do you read?

A: Adventure novels.

Q: In your free time, you like to play ping-ping… could you have done that professionally?

A: I think so. I’ve always been good at it.

Q: To end, have your teammates teased you about Spain beating Germany in the World Cup and the Eurocopa?

A: Of course, Iker has already taunted me. He told me, smiling, “Better luck next time.”

th_51346_xlsemanal2011_01_0201_122_553loth_51347_xl2_122_89lo.jpgth_51347_ozil01_122_1050lo.jpg

thanks unamadridista!! :heart: