• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MODEL OF THE MONTH please stand up for the grandiose and the unique

post-43653-0-1446113443-83242_thumb.jpg
ANASTASSIJA MAKARENKO
MAY 2014

With a regal beauty and icy blue eyes that demand attention, Anastassija Makarenko is our pick for May 2014's model of the month. From Russia with love, the blonde stunner initiated her modeling career in her mid teens, after her mother sent photos of the five-foot-eleven-inch charmer to several model agencies who competed to represent the then sixteen year-old. Makarenko has since been signed by several agencies worldwide and has appeared in numerous fashion publications and advertising campaigns around the world. Currently based in Los Angeles, the statuesque beauty has been the long-time girlfriend of Hollywood star Mickey Rourke.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE MORE, MODELING OR ACTING?
I been modeling since I am 16,so modeling is always my favorite one :-)
YOU PLAYED THE ROLE OF A RUSSIAN MODEL IN THE BRUCE WILLIS FILM “A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD”. WHAT EXPERIENCED DID YOU MADE DURING THE CAST?
I was working with another Russian girl ,Nadja ,she was a super nice person and we had a blast ...I was happy to have someone who is pleased to work with ..so we helped each other.
ARE THERE PLANS TO GET MORE INTO ACTING?
Not really,

U have to invest a lot of time into acting .do classes and be always right on top of all the things ...

I do my Pilates teacher certification right now ,so most of the time I am spending studying different movement and muscle groups .)

DID YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MODEL, OR DID YOU STUMBLE UPON IT, GET DISCOVERED ETC.? WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A MODEL? HOW DID YOU GET STARTED IN THE MODELING BUSINESS?
I never thought about beeing a model. My mum told her friends daughter got sight with a agency and I can try it too,so she sended some of my picture to an agency and after couple test shoots I start working ...first just in Germany and when I got done with my school international.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OR MOST EXCITING ASPECT ABOUT BEING A MODEL? WHAT DO YOU LIKE LEAST? HAVE YOU ENCOUNTERED ANY SURPRISES ALONG THE WAY? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST AWKWARD MOMENT (OF YOUR MODELING CAREER)?
I love my job, because you get to travel to meet a lot of interesting people, you get to wear amazing designer cloths (which u maybe can't afford in real life ) Every one loves to get pampert. From the moment I come to the shoot, without hair and make up and when the team is done with me, I look like a different person .. But I also had some less great experience ..like shooting In a freezing swimming pool or bikini in snow, while everyone else is wearing a think jacket ...and they tell you "just imagine you are on the beach " lol
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS MODEL IN THREE WORDS?
Professional ,easy going ,happy.
OUT OF ALL THE PLACES YOUR CAREER HAS TAKEN YOU, WHERE WAS THE MOST MEMORABLE?
Greece ,Athens. It was my first modeling trip. I loved the people and the city ...
WHAT TIPS AND ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR ASPIRING MODELS JUST STARTING OUT, SOMETHING YOU WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU?
Take the job serious, but also enjoy yourself, enjoy the traveling time and don't spend all the money hahaha
HAVE YOU HAD ANY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES WITH MODEL AGENCIES, TALENT SCOUTS? WHAT ARE TOP 3 WARNING SIGNS TO LOOK OUT FOR?
I have been really lucky ,I never had problems with any agency's ...

The girls that just staring have to know, if the agency believes in you, you never have to pay for any test shoots or travel ..as soon you start working ,they get they money back ...so the agency invest in you )

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ALL-TIME MODEL?
Christy Turlingston is one of the most prettiest woman I think.

And I love Kate Moss...

WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU ARE NOT WORKING?
I love to hang out with my dogs. I live in LA, so I always take them to the beach.

I like to do Pilates and yoga and just spend time with my love ones.

WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE FASHION DESIGNERS?
There are so many...

I love Balmain..Valentino ..Etro ..Isabel Marant ..

BEST JEAN?
My high rise skinny jeans Levi's. Still the best.
WHAT THINGS IN YOUR WARDROBE WOULD YOU NEVER THROW AWAY?
Jeans and leather jacket
WHAT ERA WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING BACK?
I do like the one we live in ))
WHO IS YOUR STYLE ICON?
No one better than Kate Moss
WHAT ARE YOUR BEST BEAUTY SECRETS?
A great make up artist and a hair dresser hahaha

Just taking care of myself. Sleep and healthy food.

HOW MUCH ATTENTION DO YOU PAY TO MEDITATION & EXERCISE, OR IS IT ALL NATURAL? HOW DO YOU STAY IN SHAPE?
I do love to eat healthy. I quite smoking 3 years ago. 

Don't drink ..I love to exercise, I love to go to yoga ...and the best is if you can start your day with a meditation ...

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL SEXY?
A healthy good looking skin )
FAVORITE KIND OF FOOD:
Mamas kitchen /Russian food
WHEN MODELS SAY THEY EAT HEALTHY, WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THAT?
I try to avoid sugar and also try to eat as less meat as I can.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS A HUMAN BEING IN THREE WORDS?
I am friendly, happy person, that still knows what she wants.
WHAT’S CONTROVERSIAL OR UNIQUE ABOUT YOU?
Every person is unique, so it's hard to answer that ...every personality is unique ...
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
I would love to fly ) so I can go and see all the amazing places in the world.
WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN TEN YEARS? WHAT COULD BE YOUR NEXT CAREER?
I defenetly wanna do something with health and sports..like having my own Pilates studio.
FAVORITE KIND OF MUSIC? FAVORITE TELEVISION SERIES OR MOVIE?
I love hip hop and r&b ...

And my favorite is a Russian old movie, so most of the people wouldn't know )

FAVORITE QUOTE:
There are two days where you never will do anything which is yesterday and tomorrow, so do it today )
HAPPINESS IS....
Spending time with people you love.
IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE PAST YEARS, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Ah I learn from each mistake, so I guess that's why they meant to be ...so none ))
WHAT WOULD YOU ASK YOURSELF THAT WE HAVEN’T ASKED YOU IN THIS INTERVIEW?
What do u think about the Ukraine situation ? ) ...not really ..but it s insane what is happening right now there, half of my family still lives there ..I am sure some I them don't even know why they kill each-other!

I just want to take the change and just say; stop fighting each-other, live together and respect each-other!

Thank you Anastassija for this great interview!

note: all answers are original and unaltered - Editor:Interview by Iva; Text by Theo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

agencies

Spin Model Management Hamburg

Look Models Vienna

Wilhelmina Models Los Angeles

Leni's Model Management London

Cystal Models Paris