Bellazon

Julia Frauche
Thumbnail

tekka

How do you say hello where you are from? ā€œBonjour.ā€

What is your coffee order? A tall cappuccino.

What are you wearing? Black jeans from AllSaints with a white T-shirt from Urban Outfitters and Christian Dior shoes.

How were you discovered? I was sixteen and in the South of France. The photographer who found me was working with agencies in Paris, and he introduced me to them. I didnā€™t want to quit school, so I waited until I graduated and moved to Paris for university. I was eighteen at that point. I thought I would try modeling for one year, but I am still doing it!

Most embarrassing modeling moment: The first shoot I did on the street when I started modeling. Everyone was staring at me! Now I donā€™t even notice them.

Favorite model of all time: Natalia Vodianova.

If you werenā€™t modeling, what would be your dream job? To have a cute little tea salon and make cakes.

Favorite designer: Chanel.

What new addition to your wardrobe are you currently craving this season? Another jacket from Helmut Lang or leather leggings from Balenciaga.

What item in your closet do you most cherish? Why? My Dior boots. I was dreaming about them for months and months, but they were so expensive. One day I finally bought them because they told me in the store that they were discontinued, and it was the last pair. Iā€™m so glad I got them.

Beauty item you cannot live without: Makeup remover and moisturizer.

What nail-polish color are you wearing right now? Beige.

How do you stay in model shape? Any tricks of the trade? Iā€™m always walking around wherever I am, and I go to the gym. I am French, so I love cheese, butter, creme fraiche, and eating in general!

What songs are on repeat on your iPod right now? Asaā€™s latest album.

Whatā€™s on your Kindle/Nook/iBook shelf right now? I like real books better. Right now, Iā€™m reading Le Voleur dā€™Ombres by Marc Levy.

Name the television character with whom you most identify: I would say Monica from Friends.

One place you always visit while in New York: Max Brenner for the chocolate pizza!

Favorite destination you have traveled to so far: Tokyo. Itā€™s so amazing to feel lost and very different than everyone there. The people are lovely.

Where would you like to go on your next vacation? San Francisco.

What is the best adviceā€”professional or personalā€”youā€™ve ever been given? Be yourself.

What quality is most attractive in a significant other? Trust.

What quality do you most appreciate in a friend? Kindness.

Name one natural talent you wish you had: Perfect pitch.

Subject you could wax poetic about/that fascinates you: Love, because you canā€™t control it.

What are your words to live by? Le meilleur miroir est lā€™oeil dā€™un ami. I will try to translate it: ā€œThe best mirror is a friendā€™s eye.ā€

vogue.com

• 2 weeks later...