Bellazon

Kendall Jenner
Thumbnail

kensie

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, of all outfits they could have chosen they would put her in a sheer top. All Marc Jacobs wants is press I'm sure.

Kendall still hasn't nailed the walking down. She looks very ungraceful on the runway. Her facial expression looks dead and lost, and she has a double chin. Not a good look.

Of course, of all outfits they could have chosen they would put her in a sheer top. All Marc Jacobs wants is press I'm sure.

Kendall still hasn't nailed the walking down. She looks very ungraceful on the runway. Her facial expression looks dead and lost, and she has a double chin. Not a good look.

I think you're so rude. But I respect your opinion.

A lot of models have that kind of dead and plain facial expression but they are not part of a reality TV family (I save my opinion about it since I discuss about her as a model) and also she has to deal with a lot of people judging her beside the pression of being on her first real runway experience.

Anyway, for me, she has a much better walk than some models with years of runway.

We can give her a little time to improve, but this is a good start IMO.

I hope she'll do more shows this season.

A lot of models have that kind of dead and plain facial expression but they are not part of a reality TV family (I save my opinion about it since I discuss about her as a model) and also she has to deal with a lot of people judging her beside the pression of being on her first real runway experience.

Anyway, for me, she has a much better walk than some models with years of runway.

It's not necessarily being rude, it's more the blatant honesty that Kendall is just not that good of a model nor is she going to demand respect from the industry. And it's very noticeable Kendall rarely changes her facial expressions in runway and both in print. She's been modelling for 4 years (and that is proper modelling too, she was signed onto Whilhelmina), and she hasn't shown any signs of improvement. There are other models like Cara who aren't the best, but they make an effort to improve and they have (and have been modelling less in years then Kendall). Kendall just solely seems to be relying on the hands of her family because she did say so herself, that Russell James helped her sign onto Marilyn (before it was renamed to The Society).

I didn't watch the show live so I don't know how she walked, but from memory her Sherri Hill walk (which is another NYFW show, therefore not her first real runway) was very poor and off point. The modelling industry is all about judging, every model gets judged, and they get judged MUCH harsher than Kendall will ever be because they don't have such an influence or voice. This isn't an industry where they'll give you a bunch of flowers and stream out some confetti or let you cry on their shoulder because someone said you aren't a good model. It's brutal and harsh and if she won't deal with that then it's not the place for her. 

You have your opinion, that's fine but do understand that her journey in the modelling world was solely helped by her family and connections, without them, she probably would not have made them. Her look is far too commercial and cupcakey for HF. Height and slender body doesn't mean you are a model. But like I said, it's fine you have your opinion :/ 

It's not necessarily being rude, it's more the blatant honesty that Kendall is just not that good of a model nor is she going to demand respect from the industry. And it's very noticeable Kendall rarely changes her facial expressions in runway and both in print. She's been modelling for 4 years (and that is proper modelling too, she was signed onto Whilhelmina), and she hasn't shown any signs of improvement. There are other models like Cara who aren't the best, but they make an effort to improve and they have (and have been modelling less in years then Kendall). Kendall just solely seems to be relying on the hands of her family because she did say so herself, that Russell James helped her sign onto Marilyn (before it was renamed to The Society).

I didn't watch the show live so I don't know how she walked, but from memory her Sherri Hill walk (which is another NYFW show, therefore not her first real runway) was very poor and off point. The modelling industry is all about judging, every model gets judged, and they get judged MUCH harsher than Kendall will ever be because they don't have such an influence or voice. This isn't an industry where they'll give you a bunch of flowers and stream out some confetti or let you cry on their shoulder because someone said you aren't a good model. It's brutal and harsh and if she won't deal with that then it's not the place for her. 

You have your opinion, that's fine but do understand that her journey in the modelling world was solely helped by her family and connections, without them, she probably would not have made them. Her look is far too commercial and cupcakey for HF. Height and slender body doesn't mean you are a model. But like I said, it's fine you have your opinion :/

We think the same so this discussion is a little pointless to me.

Like I said, give her some time and we'll see. Maybe this is her biggest level or maybe she can really be better and start being a real model if she work hard.

I saw the video of Marc Jacobs' show again and I'm still thinking she walk better than a lot of models with more runway time.

We all know that you need a lot of things to be a model, but those things change every year  ;)

Her walk is obviously terrible--but I agree in that there are VERY few models with even halfway decent walks these days.

Maybe I am relentlessly optimistic, but I think signing with The Society will be a very good thing for her. She seems to be wanting her career to happen, and it seems like she is starting to work hard (especially now that I think she is almost done with school?), so I'm curious to see what happens with her. I think she could be good; she has a lot of potential.

I personally think VS will pick her up for PINK.

Like I said, give her some time and we'll see. Maybe this is her biggest level or maybe she can really be better and start being a real model if she work hard.

I saw the video of Marc Jacobs' show again and I'm still thinking she walk better than a lot of models with more runway time.

We all know that you need a lot of things to be a model, but those things change every year  ;)

But like I mentioned, she's been a model for 4 years, how much time does she need to improve? Ain't nobody got time to wait for her! This industry doesn't have time to wait, it's either go hard, or go home, and at this rate, she should just literally go home.

And I'm not sure your last sentence means much considering she was signed as a model many years prior to this year?  :idk: Go look at all the HF girls now, it's all angular cheekbones, and sort of confident looking girls. Kendall doesn't fit that bunch.

But like I mentioned, she's been a model for 4 years, how much time does she need to improve? Ain't nobody got time to wait for her! This industry doesn't have time to wait, it's either go hard, or go home, and at this rate, she should just literally go home.

And I'm not sure your last sentence means much considering she was signed as a model many years prior to this year?  :idk: Go look at all the HF girls now, it's all angular cheekbones, and sort of confident looking girls. Kendall doesn't fit that bunch.

you're so rough.. considering she's just 18 ;) a lots of model are modelling since they are babies and they get the next lever sooner, look at miranda kerr for a bigger exemple. (I DON'T COMPARE HER TO MIRANDA, i'm just saying that they made a lot of time before being really famous in the industry, that didn't means she was bad!) and candice, for being more simple, she was about to stop modeling when vs contact her so that prove that her style wasn't liked that much at this period (even if she walk a lot of runaway before) she wasn't famous in the industry, vs tooke her and she literally explosed and now everyone wants her, basicaly if Kendall's got ONE big work, it can change the whole thing for her, so no, i don't think she should go home, just try harder. I personnally find she's getting better, her first shoot was horrible now,they are a little bit better (not enough facial expression again but she definitely can) and if she walks for marc jacobs it's because they let her so, force to recognize she isn't that bad, still young and experimented and not really around people who know anything at modeling (i don't think her family help her to get into, cause let's be serious, if i was a brand i wouldn't have kim, kendall or anyone related to them for represent me, cause for me, Kim did nothing but give her ass for become who she's now.. she don't have anything, any talents) but Kendall is the one of their entire family to have the ability. (personal opinion again) i respect what you think, but it's not because you don't like that everyone will have the same opinion, you can please everyone but i think that agua bendita campaign + marc jacobs + the last shoot, it's more than the recent work of barbara palvin (sure she has l'oréale but it is resting on its laurel) and Kendall isn't really lucky cause she's already famous, for a whole different thing, so everyone expect to her to do better and faster than the rest. yeah, her walk was pretty terrible (but i had some name in my head, you know it's a higher level!) but wasn't more horrible than some walked i already seen and nobody's noticed cause the model wasn't kendall, plus she didn't walk the runaway a hundred time before, only one or twice, for some girls modeling is in blood, for some others it require practice. And yeah, maybe this year she doesn't fit to the kind of girl, but please this thing change like... ALL THE TIME, maybe she isn't fit that bunch now but maybe tomorrow she'll cause the bunch will change. I don't know if she'll becoming a big models someday and i don't said she will, but what i think is that she's better than a lots of girl in the industry, and she's got the potential.