Thumbnail

Lolita

On 4/9/2018 at 12:53 AM, valeadicto said:

Victoria's Secret 4th Annual Pre-Valentines Day Show 1998

February 3 - The Plaza Hotel New York

50383413-horz.jpg 

I found this picture in HQ:

valeria-mazza-vsfs-1998-1.thumb.jpg.efb3cc0911dc99a1f09801532ca9eadd.jpg

Never understood why VS didn't cast Valeria to walk more of their annual shows - I think she was perfect for them! 

You're probably right about VS. Valeria never had a big chest, but I think she had a great bum - it's a shame they covered it in the show. Also, makes me think, how she has done almost every thing supermodels did, but with the pinch of salt. She did VS, but only once and never was invited to do more. I know Claudia also did VS once, but she's got a Fantasy Bra and she never was an official Angel. Also SI - Valeria has got the cover, but had to share it with Tyra, who's already had a coveted spot. I think Valeria deserved a solo cover as well. And why on Earth she has never had a VOGUE Italia cover? Italian designers seemed to like her, as she walked for the most of them - Blumarine, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Valentino, Laura Biagiotti, etc. I think Valeria was a bit unappreciated in a fashion world and it was such a shame, as I consider her really gorgeous and beautiful and I think she deserved more.

Anyway, thank you for the new pics! The Roberto Cavalli one is absolutely amazing!

Wow, thank you for the story about the photoshoot, @valeadicto. In my opinion that was really unprofessional of Claudia to dismiss Valeria from the editorial. Same goes for Ferre and his sayings, which surprises me as he adored Estelle Lefebure and she was quite a curvy girl. You have also answered my burning question about the Fendi runway, as I was quite curious about how Valeria managed to walk the show of the label where Karl Lagerfeld was a creative designer and we all know who was his muse. Gianni Versace and Rocco Barocco probably were the only designers, who weren't afraid to include both Claudia and Valeria on their runways.
I have read that Paco Rabanne didn't want Claudia in his shows, because of her walk. The designer told a Tunisian newspaper that Schiffer is a beautiful woman but does not know how to walk the runway. "To be a good model you have to know how to walk, and that Claudia does not know how to do," said Rabanne. And I think he was right - Claudia never had a fierce runway walk as compared to Naomi or Linda( neither did Stephanie Seymour, but that's different topic), but Valeria had the grace and presence. Maybe that annoyed Claudia as well.

And Valeria was always nice about her, she took a comparison to Claudia as a compliment. She always was a sweet and innocent girl, who didn't need a famous boyfriend ( aka Claudia + David Copperfield, Stephanie + Axel R or Helena + Michael Hutchence), she never needed a 10 000 dollars to wake up from bed in a morning, she didn't use drugs or alcohol or wasn't photographed without her underwear. And that's why I fell in love with her in the 90's and that's why I still love her to bits. She is an absolutely professional, gorgeous woman, dedicated to her family and kids and she does a lot of support and charity work. I would like to see her one day, shooting the campaign for the famous brand or another editorial ( VOGUE Argentina, take a hint! ), but I'll understand if she doesn't want to do this. She does much more for the other people and I'll always love her for that!