Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Well, I think everyone must be able to have and give an opinion, otherwise please tell us if this topic is only to praise Natalia Vodianova.

Personnaly, I admire some of her ads or editorials, her pictures by Roversi are magnificent, etc, but I agree that her story seems contrived.

She even said once her childhood was not si difficult till her autistic sister was born.

So she is, to me, the best "self-PR officer" ever - because true generosity and charity are discreet. There are hundreds of famous or rich people who help associations, and they even give a part of their own money, without proclaiming it worldwide.

And as a person she is harsh one, who believes she deserves everything. Just an example of which I was a direct witness : on a set, she criticized the director for choosing a more beautiful co-star...

^Hmm hmm...So why can’t you just leave this topic alone? Instead of always leaving such negative comments here. :whistle:

Natalia Vodianova described how her sister diagnosed with autism has made her strong

Thanks for the interview, Meloni. Flower%20for%20you.gif Really interesting. In fact, some parts were totally heartbreaking to me. I can barely believe the barbaric situations that she and her family had to go through. Poverty, disease and lack of knowledge about how to treat a special child are a sad mix. The whole family becomes helpless before their circumstances. I'm not from Russia and I wouldn't like to offend any Russian person but it's unbelievable the state can't response to these basic needs of families. It's almost a matter of human rights.

Well, I think everyone must be able to have and give an opinion, otherwise please tell us if this topic is only to praise Natalia Vodianova.

^Hmm hmm...So why can’t you just leave this topic alone? Instead of always leaving such negative comments here. :whistle:

I have to agree with Diane. Nobody has to like Natalia and I think that everyone is allowed to express his/her opinion in a respectful way.

Diane ciao it's true ,she is a great selfpr,but because she's the founder of NH and not a volunteer

To grow up a charity is very difficult and what she says about autism it's true,She is doing a great job about that ,which doesn't exist in Italy for example.

Then if she is a harsh person on job,I can't tell you,but since I worked in fashion I know quite well how behave top model.

But I never met her so I can't judge

The only thing I wonder how she manages to go back and forth all the time!!

For the rest I think she'beautiful,lucky and all of us want to deserve everything!

Nice day to all of you

It's interesting to see that natu's (critical) posts have been deleted.

Personnaly, I don't really care about how Natalia Vodianova, or other models, is as a person.

I'm eventually interested in her work as a model.

But seeing this, if I want to know more about her work or her personnality, I will check other sources - it is obvious that this topic is meant to help create an image.

Personnaly, I don't really care about how Natalia Vodianova, or other models, is as a person.

But seeing this, if I want to know more about her work or her personnality, I will check other sources - it is obvious that this topic is meant to help create an image.

It is just like we dont already have enough judgmental comments (about her personalitylove life, even her charity works) in this topic. Natu‘s posts have been deleted only because she was talking about other model which is off topic to say.

P.s. From what i see, it's more obvious that you intended to create a bad image of Natalia.  :cain: 

Makeup Legend Pat McGrath and Supermodel Natalia Vodianova’s Best Beauty Moments in Vogue (and Beyond)

OCTOBER 27, 2014 4:03 PM
by CATHERINE PIERCY

Ask the makeup artist Pat McGrath when she first met Natalia Vodianova and she doesn’t miss a beat. “It was Los Angeles, 2001, on set for Versus,” she says, recalling the day that photographer Steven Meisel—whose talent for spotting star potential in the industry’s fresh new faces is legendary—first introduced her to the Russian model. “She had the most incredible bone structure. And the color of those eyes—so blue against that skin,” says McGrath of her initial impressions of the nineteen-year-old Vodianova, who hailed from the small town of Nizhny Novgorod, where she had worked at a fruit stand with her mother before being discovered by a model scout and promptly signed. “Steven said ‘this girl is amazing. She’s going to be a star.’”
He was right. Over the next decade, McGrath and Vodianova would work together constantly, “sometimes every day,” recalls McGrath, who prepped the model backstage for runway shows like Yves Saint Laurent and John Galliano, as well as on set for major magazine editorials and campaigns. With her piercing stare, poreless complexion, and ability to convey both girlish innocence and womanly sensuality in the same breath, Vodianova made a prime canvas for McGrath’s visionary use of color. On set for Calvin Klein Collection in the mid-2000s, the makeup artist reimagined her as a bronze goddess with sun-kissed, futuristic skin—an image that would eventually beam down from billboards on high in SoHo; for the cover of i-D magazine, McGrath transformed her into an otherworldly creature with a primal feathered brow and graphic face paint.

It was their work together with Meisel for Vogue, however, that resulted in many of their most memorable on-camera moments. Culminating in a winning mix of fashion and fantasy, McGrath made Vodianova into a decadent flapper with wine-stained lip and diffused grease paint eyes, a Swinging Sixties Twiggy with a pale pink pout and statement-making cat eye, and a modern romantic daydreamer with a shocking lavender mouth. At times the transformations rendered Vodianova almost unrecognizable—like the time McGrath refashioned her into a living reincarnation of fifties supermodel Jean Patchett with arched brows and high precision lips—then frosted her into sixties-era Veruschka-inspired perfection for the same portfolio in the May 2009 issue.

Earlier this year, the collaborators and friends reunited for what may have been the ultimate on-set makeup challenge—with McGrath attempting to execute a glittering winged eye shadow look on Vodianova (who is also this month’s Vogue cover girl) for an original film short. “I’ve known Natalia since she was a baby. I’ve watched her grow up,” says McGrath, reflecting on their near-fifteen-year relationship. “It’s amazing to see what she’s done with her charity work, it’s amazing to see her with her divinely sweet and well-behaved children. She’s gorgeous, yes, but she also has a great sense of humor and a kind heart—and what’s more beautiful than that?”

post-47851-0-13642100-1414554290_thumb.jpost-47851-0-89867600-1414554290_thumb.jpost-47851-0-53617600-1414554291_thumb.jpost-47851-0-89794800-1414554292_thumb.jpost-47851-0-50653000-1414554293_thumb.jpost-47851-0-12103100-1414554294_thumb.jpost-47851-0-63891100-1414554294_thumb.jpost-47851-0-26987700-1414554295_thumb.jpost-47851-0-84115700-1414554295_thumb.jpost-47851-0-47643900-1414554296_thumb.j

http://www.vogue.com/3547769/natalia-vodianova-pat-mcgrath-makeup-best-beauty-moments/

Thank you for your answer - it confirms what I said.

It is just like we dont already have enough judgmental comments (about her personalitylove life, even her charity works) in this topic. Natu‘s posts have been deleted only because she was talking about other model which is off topic to say.

P.s. From what i see, it's more obvious that you intended to create a bad image of Natalia.  :cain: 

It's sad, these people's lives are so artificial. She's advertising herself left ways right ways sideways, ect. meaning I think she's in it for herself. And these are the people we are supposed to worship. When it's all in your face all the time, you must question why. Does not make sense. And go ahead and delete my posts. Forums are set up to form your mind into a particular view and you can't have anyone coming along and giving the unapproved view. Oh no!