Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Well, hello everybody, I sometimes read this topic and I would like to make a little remark.

I think Natalia Vodianova is a sucessfull model, a beautiful woman, who runs an admirable charity work. However, she sometimes uses some surprising "communication tips" and I think she dosen't need that.

I have kids and I hope any young woman here really believes that one can run a half-marathon without any trainining, as Natalia says she does. Instead of pretending eating ice-cream and "good french food" and not training at all, I think it would be more honest and a better example to recognize she is working hard to maintain her good condition. Of course she swims, runs (I met her several times running with her boyfriend in Champ de Mars gardens), does yoga and eats very little - the very toned belly she has is all but not the result of "eating lots of ice-cream".

Also, I saw on fashionspot someone saying "she has alien genes", as Natalia closed Givenchy in the evening after the half-marathon. If going once on catwalk and assisting to a défilé the next day is having alien genes, what could we say about the thousands runners of that half-marathon who returned to kids, household tasks, long days of work whithout the help of personnal drivers, nanny, secretary, makeup assistant and whitout personal photographer to show all that? Of course Natalia looks young and fresh (but in real not 15, as some say). Not only she IS young but her job is to remain in good condition and she is very helped for this.

To conclude, speaking of "communication tips", the whole world has found admirable she goes to study at Insead, as she announced "back to school". Going to Insead is years of high-level studies, not following a five-days management training.

I suppose Natalia fans will not like what I say, I know communication and PR is important and Natalia uses a lot social media and self-promoting. What I don't like, coming from someone like her, whose career and charity acts are admirable enough in itself, is when she tries to show herself as having extra normal qualities, which is simply not true.

Hi Parislights and welcome to the discussion. I think you definitely have a point. I sometimes ponder too of what is easier/more difficult to do - to live Natalia's intense life with constant flights, meetings, shows, designing, running the charity, ect or spending one's constant time with the little ones, for example. I also have two little kids (4 and 2 yo) and being with them on daily basis could be sometimes really traumatizing for anyone's mental health, to be honest. So yes, I am 100% with you that it is perhaps much harder to return after a grueling marathon exercise to the mundane household duties that most of those women at the race probably had to do, while Natalia needed to make every effort to look savvy and ready to catwalk with the help of assistants/relatives/children caretakers... I am not sure whether she is completely responsible for the portrait of some sort of an alien marvel amongst us - media, loving fans probably contribute to it :)

The one thing I personally admire Natalia for is not this wondrous "toughness" but her determination of another kind: The fact that she does not use her achieved laurels to just sit on them or make more money out of them; her very humane desire to help others - I think empathy like that is very rare, even if it requires much help from her assistants with daily trifles. To constantly push herself to work harder towards her real goal - making children's lives in Russia better... however she does it, with the help of many or without it, I don't care... I know it is still commendable because most of us, let's be honest, lack this sedulous drive to devote themselves to abstract others.

Well, hello everybody, I sometimes read this topic and I would like to make a little remark.

I think Natalia Vodianova is a sucessfull model, a beautiful woman, who runs an admirable charity work. However, she sometimes uses some surprising "communication tips" and I think she dosen't need that.

I have kids and I hope any young woman here really believes that one can run a half-marathon without any trainining, as Natalia says she does. Instead of pretending eating ice-cream and "good french food" and not training at all, I think it would be more honest and a better example to recognize she is working hard to maintain her good condition. Of course she swims, runs (I met her several times running with her boyfriend in Champ de Mars gardens), does yoga and eats very little - the very toned belly she has is all but not the result of "eating lots of ice-cream".

Also, I saw on fashionspot someone saying "she has alien genes", as Natalia closed Givenchy in the evening after the half-marathon. If going once on catwalk and assisting to a défilé the next day is having alien genes, what could we say about the thousands runners of that half-marathon who returned to kids, household tasks, long days of work whithout the help of personnal drivers, nanny, secretary, makeup assistant and whitout personal photographer to show all that? Of course Natalia looks young and fresh (but in real not 15, as some say). Not only she IS young but her job is to remain in good condition and she is very helped for this.

To conclude, speaking of "communication tips", the whole world has found admirable she goes to study at Insead, as she announced "back to school". Going to Insead is years of high-level studies, not following a five-days management training.

I suppose Natalia fans will not like what I say, I know communication and PR is important and Natalia uses a lot social media and self-promoting. What I don't like, coming from someone like her, whose career and charity acts are admirable enough in itself, is when she tries to show herself as having extra normal qualities, which is simply not true.

Thank you for your comment but I'm sorry, I could hardly draw conclusions about the character of people I only crossed in public. My post was only about communication.

Hello! parislights, first wanted to thank you have written the text appeared very interesting me your Comments. In the comment that you had the opportunity to meet with AA in the Champ de Mars gardens and I wonder if you could tell us your personal opinion about Natalia and Antoine about his personal carácter, what kinds of people will appear separately and then said something in publications and forms is your relationship, you think about it. Thank you! beforehand.

Hi Pautinka, I totally agree with you on the great work Natalia does to help others.

Hi Parislights and welcome to the discussion. I think you definitely have a point. I sometimes ponder too of what is easier/more difficult to do - to live Natalia's intense life with constant flights, meetings, shows, designing, running the charity, ect or spending one's constant time with the little ones, for example. I also have two little kids (4 and 2 yo) and being with them on daily basis could be sometimes really traumatizing for anyone's mental health, to be honest. So yes, I am 100% with you that it is perhaps much harder to return after a grueling marathon exercise to the mundane household duties that most of those women at the race probably had to do, while Natalia needed to make every effort to look savvy and ready to catwalk with the help of assistants/relatives/children caretakers... I am not sure whether she is completely responsible for the portrait of some sort of an alien marvel amongst us - media, loving fans probably contribute to it :)

The one thing I personally admire Natalia for is not this wondrous "toughness" but her determination of another kind: The fact that she does not use her achieved laurels to just sit on them or make more money out of them; her very humane desire to help others - I think empathy like that is very rare, even if it requires much help from her assistants with daily trifles. To constantly push herself to work harder towards her real goal - making children's lives in Russia better... however she does it, with the help of many or without it, I don't care... I know it is still commendable because most of us, let's be honest, lack this sedulous drive to devote themselves to abstract others.