Bellazon

Tom Hardy
Thumbnail

sweetspice

Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Tom Hardy teaming to produce drama about poaching

Leonardo DiCaprio dove into the politically charged world of diamond trafficking in 2006′sBlood Diamond, and now he’s teaming up with actor pals Tobey Maguire and Tom Hardy to produce an untitled drama about animal trafficking for Warner Bros., confirmed a studio spokeswoman to EW.com.

The movie is currently in development, and a search for writers has started, said Warner Bros.

The Hollywood Reporter reports the film idea stemmed from Hardy, based on friends of his who became anti-poaching activists in South Africa and other countries. The movie would revolve around poachers in Africa, through the journey of animal hides ending up in high-end fashion houses. The studio hasn’t revealed whether Hardy, DiCaprio or Maguire will act in the film.

DiCaprio — a longtime animal rights and elephant welfare activist — and Maguire star in the upcoming Warner Bros. throwback The Great Gatsby, set for release next summer. Hardy’s star has long been on the rise with intense, parts in Inception and The Dark Knight Rises.

Hideo Kojima wants Hugh Jackman or Tom Hardy as Snake

Nothing official, but when famed Metal Gear Solid series creator Hideo Kojima was asked who he would want to take on the roll of Snake in the recently confirmed Metal Gear Solid movie, he mentions Hugh Jackman and Tom Hardy as very suitable picks.

However it isn’t anything official and his picks are mainly a “personal wishlist”, nothing more than that. We might even end up seeing Christian Bale as Snake, time will tell.

The Metal Gear Solid movie is currently being produced by Avi Arad but although Kojima isn’t directing the movie, he will be keeping a close eye over the project make sure it turns out “right”.

Details on the movie are still scarce at the moment, but expect some new info to sneak (literally) onto the Internet over the next few months.

Read more: http://www.thebitbag.com/2012/09/03/hideo-kojima-hugh-jackman-tom-hardy-snake/#ixzz25RD70Aff

• 4 weeks later...

“Tom Hardy Climbing Aboard Doug Liman-Directed ‘EVEREST;’ He’ll Play George Mallory

EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hardy is in early talks to star in Everest for Sony Pictures. He will play George Mallory, the climber who tried three times in the 1920s to become the first man to scale the world’s highest mountain.

Doug Liman will direct the film after he completes All You Need Is Kill at Warner Bros with Tom Cruise. An adaptation of Jeffrey Archer’s book Paths Of Glory, Everest has been adapted by Sheldon Turner (Up In The Air). Jennifer Klein is producing, and Dave Bartis, Liman’s partner at Hypnotic, will also be a producer.

Liman, the Bourne Identity and Mr. and Mrs. Smith helmer who is himself an avid climber and fan of the Mallory story, has an actor who is a strong match for the intensity that burned in Mallory to get to the top of the mountain and beat another great climber, Australian George Finch (the grandfather of actor Peter Finch). Everest has since been scaled many times since, but it is still dangerous–there are plenty of bodies near the final summit of those who got close but failed–but in Mallory’s time, it was like trying to become the first man on the moon.

At the time, Great Britain had been decimated by WWI, poverty and angst was rampant and the nation craved a hero. Mallory tried hard to fill that bill, even though he was caught short in his first two attempts to summit the mountain, in 1921 and 1922. A devoted husband and father, he was torn between adventure and the simple fact his family wanted him with them. He refused to use oxygen to aid him in high altitude in thin air the first two times. On the final climb, he and climbing partner Sandy Irvine used the oxygen and were last glimpsed in 1924 as they made their final assault near the top. They disappeared into the clouds and Mallory wasn’t seen again until they were discovered by climber Mark Ankner in 1999. That the discovery in 1999 was the basis for the rather incredible Anthony Geffen-directed docu The Wildest Dream. The big question is whether Mallory died after he completed the unprecedented summit. Some feel he became the first man to climb the mountain: Mallory took with him a photo of his wife, which he had vowed to place atop Everest. It was not found in his possessions. The first successful climb in which the men returned to tell the tale didn’t come until 1953, when New Zealander Edmund Hillary and Nepali sherpa climber Tenzing Norgay got to the top and came back down.

Hardy takes the job after opening this year in The Dark Knight Rises and Lawless. The chameleon actor is currently playing the title character in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road. I thought his performance in the Gavin O’Connor-directed Warrior was going to at least get him an Oscar nomination, but not enough voters saw that film. Maybe he’ll climb over that obstacle with Everest. Hardy’s repped by CAA and United Agents.”

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I signed up so I can fangirl Tom Hardy. :hehe: I found an article today on vh1.com that made him even more intriguing, I didn't know he could do work as a tattoo artist!

"October 16th, 2012 | 4:34 pm

Tom Hardy Moonlights As Tattoo Artist: Further Proof He Should Be Christian Grey

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss (@shalapitcher)

I am hurt that even though I was the first to make the connection last week that the hiring of Kelly Marcel to write the Fifty Shades of Grey screenplay means good things for my long-held hope for her pal Tom Hardy to be cast as Christian Grey, I have not yet received a job offer to be the movie’s casting director. Well, thanks to the Tumblr Exploring Tom Hardy, tattoo artist Danny Inked Norris and the Facebook page of the Richmond Tattoo Studio in Richmond Upon Thames, England, I feel one step closer to proving my point.

Hear me out, you who are not yet converted. Christian Grey, BDSM master, is a man of many talents. He can play the piano, fly his own helicopter, fly-fish, tie LOTS of knots. Tom Hardy is also multi-talented. He can model, rap, act, and … tattoo! I’ve been watching Ink Masters a lot lately, and not just because I like to stare at Dave Navarro, but also because it is fascinating to watch the art of tattooing in action. The stakes are so high! Your “canvas” has to live with any wrong move you make! So even though the above video does not show the finished results of Tom’s needlework, the fact that someone let him do it in the first place is immensely impressive. And guess what — the above photo and the above video are of two different men, so more than one guy trusts him to mark them permanently.

What we’re saying is, that’s about as cool as knowing how to fly your own glider or helicopter, so he should definitely get this gig. The only obstacle we foresee is that Christian would never allow a tattoo artist near his chest, so the makeup department is going to have to work hard to cover up these guys."

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2012-10-16/tom-hardy-moonlights-as-tattoo-artist-further-proof-he-should-be-christian-grey/

Hi all, we have not seen much of Tom lately :blah: because of his filming in Namibia. There is an article in the Hollywood Reporter saying production is getting behind on Mad Max: Fury Road. Nooooooo...we want Tom to come back as soon as possible!! :hehe: Although, I do hope the filming goes well. Here's the news:

Warner Bros. Sends 'Studio Representative' to Namibia to Keep 'Fury Road' on Track (Exclusive)10:59 AM PDT 10/18/2012 by Borys Kit , Kim Masters

Producer Denise Di Novi has been assigned to the Mad Max movie after studio head Jeff Robinov flew to the set.

Fury Road is proving to have a few potholes.

The fourth Mad Max movie, being made by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow, is in production in far-off Namibia with George Miller at the helm. But according to sources, the production has veered off schedule and is running over budget. And Warner Bros. is making sure the problem doesn't escalate. Studio head Jeff Robinov flew to the Africa set a few weeks ago to evaluate the film, which sources say had fallen at least five days behind schedule.

And to chart a course correction, producer Denise di Novi has been dispatched to the set to supervise. Warner Bros., in confirming Di Novi’s involvement to The Hollywood Reporter, is calling her a “studio representative” who will serve as the eyes and ears of Warners as production continues.

The studio had executives traveling back and forth to the far-flung location, a situation di Novi hopes to remedy. "It's easier having someone there who has experience and who can keep us posted on the day's events," says Warner Bros. motion picture group president Jeff Robinov, adding that he is optimistic the production will wrap on time. Fury Road, with a budget in the $100 million to $125 million range, started shooting in July and is scheduled to wrap at the end of November.

Di Novi is not being made a producer on the Tom Hardy-Charlize Theron movie, which officially is being produced by Miller and Doug Mitchell, who has worked with Miller on 1985’s Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome -- the previous film in the action series -- Babe and the recent Happy Feet movies.

The on-set complexities for Fury Road don’t come as surprise to those who know Miller. The filmmaker, while undeniably visionary, regularly goes over budget on his movies, and Warners ran into cost issues with Happy Feet 2, which barely was finished in time for its release date.

Fury Road has been more than a decade in the making. Mel Gibson was attached to reprise his career-making role of Max Rockatansky in a version that initially was set up at Fox, but it got derailed after the events of 9/11, when overseas shoots proved unpopular. Miller then spent years reassembling the project, with Hardy taking on the male lead.

http://www.hollywood...entative-380010

This is cute...a video montage by InStyle UK of some of Tom's celebrity appearances. He looks slightly uncomfortable with all the attention and picture taking but I think it's adorable!

http://www.instyle.co.uk/news/watch-tom-hardys-best-bits-11-10-12?utm_campaign=VIDEOtomhardy131012&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

OK, where's Tom? Seriously. I want to live in an alternate reality where Tom is the lead actor in all the movies. The new Bond? Yes, Please. Christian Grey (meow!), sure why not? Heck, I would like to see him as my daily news anchor when I check the weather in the morning.

People are tweeting about him all day long but nobody ever sees him? Well, one person did on Sunday in England.

Bobby Stix‏@BobbyStix

Lol Tom Hardy just walked in@MrSlapYourself

21 OctBobby Stix‏@BobbyStix

Now Tom hardy is here lol

The fact he tweeted it twice makes me think it was true. Sigh. No photos.

Ok, wait here's another one; NorthAlabamaThunder‏@theonlyunclesam

@srychumbler Tom Hardy is sitting next to me...want an autograph?

11:03 AM - 25 Oct 12 · Details

Is this a dumb question OR WHAT?!

OK, where's Tom? Seriously. I want to live in an alternate reality where Tom is the lead actor in all the movies. The new Bond? Yes, Please. Christian Grey (meow!), sure why not? Heck, I would like to see him as my daily news anchor when I check the weather in the morning.