Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Alves: Kaka joined the wrong team

Daniel Alves has suggested that Real Madrid playmaker Kaka should have joined Barcelona instead.

Kaka has been derided in the Spanish press for his below-par displays for Real Madrid since joining the Spanish giants in a big money move from AC Milan last summer.

The Brazilian's season was summed up when he was hauled off during the 1-1 draw with Lyon in the Champions League second-leg tie at the Bernabeu.

Alves, whose Barcelona team face Stuttgart in their second-leg tie on Wednesday, told La Gazzetta dello Sport that Kaka has chosen the wrong club and was too used to 'playing for the team'.

"I think Kaka has the wrong team," said Alves.

"I was used to being comfortable with one team, but then I found another; In Milan, he played for the team, but that is not the case in Madrid.

"They have bought many important players, and one seems to take away the space from another. Kaka is not playing in the position he likes, things are complicated, and the pressure increases."

Alves also drew comparisons with the Brazilian philosophy and that of Barcelona, insisting that Kaka would be better suited to the style of play adopted by Pep Guaradiola and the European champions.

He added, "At Brazil we play as a collective, something that also happens in Barcelona, but not at Real Madrid. It would have been better if had come here with us (Barcelona).

"Our game is perfect for him. I am not the one who buys the players, but, if so, I would have signed him right away."