Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Kaka: Nice if Atletico lends a hand

Kaka was ecstatic after scoring for Real Madrid against Espanyol, a goal that made his return from injury all the more enjoyable.

The Brazilian maestro had been hampered by a sports hernia that kept him out of action for more than one and half months, and he was relieved to be back playing without pain.

"The goal was very special because it had been a few months since I had scored and a lot of time without playing," Kaka told AS. "Against Espanyol, it was a good match and I felt more free. Every day my condition improves and one will see better things out of me."

Commenting on whether it is true that the sports hernia may be a chronic injury, Kaka said that it no longer bothered him.

"The sports hernia is a thing of the past, I am no longer injured and we should consider this issue as good as gone."

Kaka added that he was never pressured by Real Madrid to return from injury quicker than expected.

"At Real Madrid, one has to learn to live with pressure as in all great clubs, but I did not feel pressure. The only thing that has bothered me in this entire time has been that I was not improving physically. The doctors recommended patience, but I never felt pressure. I just wanted to play as I wanted."

The Brazil international then spoke of the clash between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid next weekend at the Vicente Calderon.

"It would be nice if Atletico would lend us a hand," Kaka mused. "The next match is an important one."

As for Real Madrid, Kaka believes that Manuel Pellegrini's patience is paying off as Los Blancos are beginning to gel and play their own brand of football.

"The coach is really spreading the pitch and this is serving us well," Kaka said. "As for my postition, I have always liked to play behind the forwards."

"The only thing we are lacking is to play a complete 90 minutes. It is a question of mentality and it's something that happens with the scoreline. In our last match we were up 2-0 at half-time and we relaxed a bit."

"We need to work hard so that it does not continue to happen."

The attacking midfielder also stood up for team-mate Karim Benzema, who was replaced by Gonzalo Higuain early in the second period against Espanyol.

"Karim is important for Real Madrid because of his quality. He scores important goals, he is helping the team, and he is improving a lot. One has to remember that it is not easy to go to a new country and a new league and Benzema is adapting just as the rest of the team is."

Kaka concluded the press conference by commenting on his fellow compatriots Robinho and Ronaldinho, saying that he hopes to find more international glory with the pair.

"Robinho chose his future and decided to return to Brazil and Santos. [On Sunday] he scored a great goal! I am happy for him and hope he is at the World Cup."

"As for Ronaldinho, he is doing things well at Milan and has improved a lot, but he still lacks something to become what he was. In any case, Milan will have a difficult time this year in Italy because Inter are very strong with lots of good players and a great coach in [Jose] Mourinho."

Kaka: Nice if Atletico lends a hand

Kaka was ecstatic after scoring for Real Madrid against Espanyol, a goal that made his return from injury all the more enjoyable.

The Brazilian maestro had been hampered by a sports hernia that kept him out of action for more than one and half months, and he was relieved to be back playing without pain.

"The goal was very special because it had been a few months since I had scored and a lot of time without playing," Kaka told AS. "Against Espanyol, it was a good match and I felt more free. Every day my condition improves and one will see better things out of me."

Commenting on whether it is true that the sports hernia may be a chronic injury, Kaka said that it no longer bothered him.

"The sports hernia is a thing of the past, I am no longer injured and we should consider this issue as good as gone."

Kaka added that he was never pressured by Real Madrid to return from injury quicker than expected.

"At Real Madrid, one has to learn to live with pressure as in all great clubs, but I did not feel pressure. The only thing that has bothered me in this entire time has been that I was not improving physically. The doctors recommended patience, but I never felt pressure. I just wanted to play as I wanted."

The Brazil international then spoke of the clash between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid next weekend at the Vicente Calderon.

"It would be nice if Atletico would lend us a hand," Kaka mused. "The next match is an important one."

As for Real Madrid, Kaka believes that Manuel Pellegrini's patience is paying off as Los Blancos are beginning to gel and play their own brand of football.

"The coach is really spreading the pitch and this is serving us well," Kaka said. "As for my postition, I have always liked to play behind the forwards."

"The only thing we are lacking is to play a complete 90 minutes. It is a question of mentality and it's something that happens with the scoreline. In our last match we were up 2-0 at half-time and we relaxed a bit."

"We need to work hard so that it does not continue to happen."

The attacking midfielder also stood up for team-mate Karim Benzema, who was replaced by Gonzalo Higuain early in the second period against Espanyol.

"Karim is important for Real Madrid because of his quality. He scores important goals, he is helping the team, and he is improving a lot. One has to remember that it is not easy to go to a new country and a new league and Benzema is adapting just as the rest of the team is."

Kaka concluded the press conference by commenting on his fellow compatriots Robinho and Ronaldinho, saying that he hopes to find more international glory with the pair.

"Robinho chose his future and decided to return to Brazil and Santos. [On Sunday] he scored a great goal! I am happy for him and hope he is at the World Cup."

"As for Ronaldinho, he is doing things well at Milan and has improved a lot, but he still lacks something to become what he was. In any case, Milan will have a difficult time this year in Italy because Inter are very strong with lots of good players and a great coach in [Jose] Mourinho."

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARCA LOST!!!!!!!!:))))))))))):)))) :evil: :evil: :evil: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: