Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

Blooming lovely! Miranda Kerr is a model mum as she takes son Flynn out for a stroll in floral set

post-22656-0-81388200-1340603558_thumb.jpost-22656-0-99520500-1340603563_thumb.jpost-22656-0-20307800-1340603567_thumb.jpost-22656-0-54462900-1340603570_thumb.jpost-22656-0-97317600-1340603573_thumb.jpost-22656-0-42498600-1340603556_thumb.j

She's among the highest paid models in the world. And today Miranda Kerr showed why - turning the sidewalk into her personal catwalk as she took her baby boy Flynn for a stroll in New York City.The Australian beauty looked lovely in a floral blouse and shorts as she lifted her 18-month-old out of her car during an afternoon outing.Miranda, 29, was hard to miss in the pair of busy prints - a look hard to pull off for the average woman.But somehow she looked elegant and relaxed, matching the floral set with a fashionable pair of sandals, tinted sunglasses, and a lash of pink lipstick. Little Flynn was adorable as ever in a blue baseball cap, denim shorts and a graphic T-shirt.The tot, the model's first son with husband Orlando Bloom, looked happy to be out with mum as he straddled her hip and together they walked through Midtown Manhattan.Flynn had just arrived with his dad to New York City on Friday, after a cross-country flight from Los Angeles.The father-son duo will have a lot more time to bond now that filming is concluding next month on the highly-anticipated two-part Hobbit films from Sir Peter Jackson.Meanwhile, family matriarch Miranda is doing well for herself as well - having recently landed a spot on Forbes' list of the top ten highest-earning models.With earnings last year of $4million, Miranda placed seventh on the list.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

Beauty Secrets: Miranda Kerr

Miranda Kerr has been the face, and body, of brands that epitomise glamour: She is a – the - Victoria’s Secret Angel, of course, and in the past three years has established herself as a global fashion icon, walking for Prada, Balnciaga, Dior, Chanel and Stella McCartney. She is married to Orlando Bloom. She has an adorable baby son called Flynn and just months after giving birth to him she was back in a bikini for Victoria’s Secret. She rides horse, eats organic, she has dimples. Which all make her the sort of smoking-hot sex siren men also want to take home to meet their mothers. Since launching her own beauty brand, Kora Organic, in 2009 Miranda Kerr has also established herself as a business brain, and a beauty expert. So who better to get insider secrets from...

As a model you are expected to be in peak condition at all times. But what did you do to keep fit before you became a model?

As a child I was very active. I was a gymnast, I played touch football, netball and basketball. When I was 16 years old I started yoga. I started working out at an early age.

How do you ramp up your fitness regime before a Victoria’s Secret show?

As I am shooting for Victoria’s Secret year round, I have to maintain my figure. But I guess it all get a little more intense before the fashion show. For instance, I’ll put in some extra squats.

You have said before that you follow an organic diet. Do you have a specific eating plan?

I try my best to eat healthy the majority of the time so that I feel good and have more energy. I am so passionate about eating healthily I am actually certified in nutrition. I try my best to eat organic whenever possible, but it's important not to be too strict about it. Just do the best you can.

You got your pre-baby body back in record time after the birth of your son Flynn. How did you do it?

I practiced yoga throughout my pregnancy, and continued after I gave birth. I also ramped up my pilates routine, and I try to make sure I go hiking three or four times a week. It definitely takes a lot of work to stay in shape!

What’s the best training tip or secret you’ve picked up from your fellow Victoria’s Secret Angels?

To be honest, a lot of them now use my trainer! Justin Gelband.

Does your Australian upbringing impact on the way you like to keep fit? Do you prefer being outdoors when you work out?

I love being outdoors and try to work out outside when I can. I spent most of my childhood outdoors.

Do you have a mantra you stick to when you’re feeling the pressure?

"We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through."

You’re always so fresh-faced. What are your three beauty bag essentials?

KORA organics citrus mist ,RMS Living Luminiser, KORA Organics tinted moisturiser.

Do you have any tips for looking refreshed after a lot of travelling?

I keep hydrated on the plane using KORA Organics rosehip oil and KORA Organics citrus energising mist. Scent makes me happy after a long day of traveling, so after I land, I always spritz on my favorite. Right now I’m loving Victoria’s Secret London EDP.

You’ve got beautiful skin. What’s your skincare routine? Which products do you swear by?

Every morning and night I cleanse, tone and moisturise, using KORA Organics foaming cleanser, citrus mist and soothing day and night cream. I exfoliate my skin twice a week with KORA Organics exfoliating cream and a muslin cloth. I am also addicted to using a body brush day and night and smothering my body with body lotion.

What’s the best make-up tip you’ve ever had backstage or on a shoot?

If you lose your eyelash curler you can curl your lashes with the back of a teaspoon.

What is your secret red-carpet beauty weapon?

I really love a red lip, especially when I am feeling tired, as it brightens my whole face. Victoria’s Secret make a red lipstick called Showstopper that is absolutely perfect. As Audrey Hepburn said: "There is a shade of red for every woman."

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/beauty-health/chat/miranda-kerr-beauty-secrets-250612