Francisco Lachowski

Country of Origin: Brazil.

Agencies:

Ford Brasil, Sao Paulo

Ford Europe, Paris

Why Not, Milan

Nevs, London

Scoop, Copenhagen

In the likes of the female modelling industry, it would be more than fair to state that there is a certain power and charisma Brazilian models have in perfecting every modelling and fashion marketing technique. Do the names Gisele, Adriana and Alessandra ring any bells? In turn, the male modelling industry has developed a similar trend, and fresh Brazilian face Francisco Lachowski, the cover story for the Vanity Teen #9 Summer edition, is a perfect example.

There was no looking back for Francisco after winning a modelling competition hosted by Ford Models in late 2008, earning him a prestigious contract with their Sao Paulo subdivision. Photographed for Vanity Teen by Marley Kate from New York, his instant exposure and popularity were evidently a result of his quirky charisma and beaming youth, while still maintaining the professionalism and perfect 'look' that every agent and client could possibly ask for. As he begins to grow into a young adult, his developing physique and experience in the modelling world has thus far already proved him worthy for international success.

Through his incredibly rapid rise to fame quickly earned him a campaign for Dior, as well as recent runway shows for Gucci and John Galliano and numerous editorials, Francisco has placed himself in a very desirable place in the heart of the international male modelling world. Fashion is unpredictable, as is the modelling industry, and there is really no saying what the future may hold for this newcomer. One thing that can be said for sure is that Francisco has made a tremendous start to his career in less than eighteen months, and he will surely be further taking both the fashion and modelling worlds by storm.

@ Aiden D'Cunha

Vanity Teen

Sorry I know this is old-ish, but thanks for posting! I wrote that profile! :p Francisco is so adorable. :heart:

so bz is up again :wave:

good i hate when it goes down

anyway on models.com

Picture of the day:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i40.tinypic.com/2utm80m.

February 2010, 33rd street, New York, backstage at 3.1 Phillip Lim Men F/W 10.

I can’t even tell you how much fur I saw backstage this season. Some items were, I think a TEENSY bit unwearable for the average man.

I found this picture in my archive of Francisco Lachowski backstage at 3.1 Phillip Lim and thought, now THIS is how fur should be done for men.

Francisco himself is ridiculously popular among the model fans. He’s an interesting combination of boy (he still carries his skateboard around) and man (he has a surprisingly deep voice).

He’s matured a lot in his images over the last year and a half and is definitely someone that can be in it for the long haul

i'm glad to see that ppl in de industry see he has staying power and that he has a lot of popularity among model fans

i wonder what she means by ridiculously popular, i mean hope nobodey pulls crazy stunts at/after shows becuz of fran that would be awkward :laugh:

lol! when I first read that little excerpt, it felt like one of us wrote it. To find out it was an industry insider that wrote it I think thats pretty cool our boys gets a lot of love it seems, I wonder if the writer reads this forum, lol! anywho, I love his manly deep voice ;)

Francisco, Frankie, Chico… Whatever you may call him, Francisco Lachowski is a Brazilian model quickly on the rise and capturing hearts as he does so. Well mannered, eager to learn and always a pleasure to have on set, this is only the beginning of a modeling future that is sure to be as long as it is bright. In a followup to our introduction post, we had the opportunity to interview the promising Ford model.

How did your family and friends initially react to you winning Supermodel Brazil?

Francisco: They liked [it] a lot and they support me…always.

You walked an incredible number of shows this past runway season…how was that?

Francisco: It was amazing! [Especially] a great experience to do the shows in New York City.

What is your most memorable shoot to date?

Francisco: Dior shoot [with Karl Lagerfeld]

You are relatively new to modeling, yet have quite the following. How does it feel?

Francisco: It’s a pleasure and it’s very motivating for me.

Has modeling changed your view on fashion?

Francisco: Yes, [it] did change. Before I didn’t know much about designers and all this, [but] now I have to and I pay a bit more attention [in] what to wear.

How has your day to day schedule changed?

Francisco: It has changed completely. Much more intense now.

What’s your favorite part about modeling?

Francisco: Traveling and meeting new people.

Least favorite?

Francisco: To be alone and away from the family.

What do you like to do on your downtime?

Francisco: Computer, music and sleep.

Activities?

Francisco: Sports, skating, movies, social life…

Upcoming work?

Francisco: Lots of editorials, lookbooks for Calvin Klein, DKNY…Campaign season is just starting now [and] I have high hopes.

franciscopolas3.jpg

franciscopolas2.jpg

franciscopolas1.jpg

The Fashionisto

^ :wub::heart: :heart: those pictures

he's beautiful his eyes especially

and i'm very happy to hear we'll be seeing fran in many editorial and lookbooks

it look like new york paid off well for him

i like knowing he's motivated by his fans ..because we are motivated by him too

well i am as corny as it may sound

He really shouldn't be allowed to wear any clothes anymore. I mean, this is the umpteenth time that he's been photographed shirtless. Not that I'm complaining or anything. LOL.

Kidding aside, Chico's following has been growing rather steadily. He has 2,233 fans on Facebook as of now. :yes:

yes i saw that on facebook

a few days i ago when i was looking it was a about 1.300 something a long those numbers

his video's on youtube are also getting loads of views

so he definitley making an impact

and he can take shirtless pics all he wants lol i'll never tire of it

english fashion blogs talk about him being the fan favorite or being one of the most wanted

but now i noticed that brazilian fashion blogs are also talking about his success too

it's nice to see those back in brazil to notice he doing great, i think fran would be happy to know that

lol people starred at me wierd at my school's library cos i did a little scream when i saw those OUT MAG pictures haha i started screaming like a little girl " omg francisco is here, he is, look, he is here haha" since my school doesnt really have fashion magazines i was surprised to see him there mahaha. anyways...lol.

OMG, I'm totally loving his bedhead! It just frames his face perfectly! Btw, did you all know I saw a guy at school today, I saw a photo at school of a boy who looked exacty like Fran! Hair, facial expression, everything!

ya know looking at those fashionisto pics a bit closer

i felt frankie looks a bit sad so i hope he's not sad or lonely lol

btw on modelhommes forum frankie's thread got moved,he now has his won sub-forum

so that means he can have different threads for like candids,backstage pics and editorial and other stuff.

ya know looking at those fashionisto pics a bit closer

i felt frankie looks a bit sad so i hope he's not sad or lonely lol

btw on modelhommes forum frankie's thread got moved,he now has his won sub-forum

so that means he can have different threads for like candids,backstage pics and editorial and other stuff.

Awwww... he's a subforum?! He's getting supermodel treatment just like our girls Adriana and Gisele. And if Fran is sad or lonely... let's just say I know how to fix that. :whistle::gocho:

i just saw that mark cox ( you know the dutch model) is a fan of francisco's fan facebook

i thought that was so cute lol

they are good friends too ,mark should wisk francisco away to amsterdam then i could get a chance to run in to him lol :p :ninja:

i just saw that mark cox ( you know the dutch model) is a fan of francisco's fan facebook

i thought that was so cute lol

they are good friends too ,mark should wisk francisco away to amsterdam then i could get a chance to run in to him lol :p :ninja:

Yep, if only Fran would come to America...