Bellazon

Nina Dobrev
Thumbnail

hoolri

Nina Dobrev On Playing Elena And Katherine On ‘Vampire Diaries’, “I Was Never Bored.”

On this All Access Pass with Billy Kidd we talked to ‘Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev. Nina talked about her upcoming movie “Lets Be Cops”, and her experience on “Vampire Diaries.” Listen to the interview in the audio below.

Nina talked about her new project, “I have a movie called “Let’s Be Cops”. It comes out August 13th. It’s starring Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johns and Myself.” Adding, “So you can look forward to the movie.”

On what it was like to play Katherine and Elena, “It was really fun cause I was never bored…one was a good girl and the other one I got to do really bad horrible things.”

“It’s fun to take on an alternative personality,” She added. Noting, “It’s also very challenging to do scenes with myself and no one opposite me, but that’s what kind of kept it fun and fresh.”

Listen to the entire interview here.

Nina Dobrev for the August 2014 Issue of Nylon Magazine

post-86031-0-1446105207-45973_thumb.png post-86031-0-1446105207-47649_thumb.png 

For six epic seasons, Nina Dobrev has given us an insta-excuse to make absolutely zero plans on Thursday nights in favor of staying in on the couch with a bag of popcorn, and of course, The Vampire Diaries. The long-running CW supernatural series may have made her a star, but as our August cover girl tells writer Ashley Baker, she's finding plenty of other roles to sink her teeth into these days.

With The Perks of Being a Wallflower behind her and a handful of movies on the horizon—including the action comedy Let's Be Cops and the horror flick Let's Be Girls—it's clear the 25-year-old doesn't shy away from reinvention. This is what being an actress is all about, after all, and it's a quality that makes her the perfect fit for our annual denim issue.

You can see Dobrev show off her good genes (sorry, had to!) when the magazine hits newsstands on July 30. But first, get a sneak peek at everyone's favorite vampire cool-girl below. 

On fame: 
“People feel like they know you when you’re in their living room, weekly, for five years. But I always get uncomfortable when people know more about me than I know about them.”

On fashion: 
“I was not a girly-girl growing up….I liked fashion, but I wasn’t very fashion savvy. I didn’t always have all the best outfits….For a while there, we actually shopped at The Salvation Army.”

On her red carpet persona: 
“It doesn’t feel real because I don’t live in that world. When I go to those events, I’m in town specifically for that, and then I leave later that night. I’ve maybe stayed for the after-party once, ever. It still feels like I’m a fan, in a way. A lot of people are very cynical and very jaded, but I’m not there yet.”

On acting in a comedy: 
"It’s terrifying. I can get to an emotional place and start crying, but there’s pressure when you think you have to be funny….You really have to be uninhibited and fearless.”