Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

x17online.com

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS - Camila Alves Shops With Levi

Too cute! Little Levi, Camila Alves' son with partner Matthew McConaughey, was all smiles as he shopped with his mama Sunday. The two bought groceries and some flowers. Levi looks more like Camila every day, though he has Matthew's curly blond locks! Such an adorable family.

post-42244-0-1446013820-95761_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013820-97078_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1446013820-98181_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013821-0147_thumb.jpg

Her own bag: model Camila Alves crafts luxe leather handbags (Published: Thursday, January 06, 2011, 6:25 PM, NOLA.com)

post-42244-0-1446013822-55376_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1446013822-59623_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1446013822-63135_thumb.jpg

Matthew McConaughey wasn’t the only one in his household hard at work while he was in New Orleans recently shooting the movie, “Killer Joe.”

Brazilian model Camila Alves, McConaughey’s girlfriend and the mother of his two children, held a trunk show here to introduce her handbag line, Muxo, to the local fashion scene. The event packed a Champagne-sipping crowd into the tiny upstairs showroom of Designer Social, the handbag and accessories shop above Scriptura on Magazine Street.

Alves started designing handbags about five years ago with her mother, who had worked in fashion and interior design in Brazil. The leather bags have a polished tribal feel, from the hand-cut fringe and pinwheel-like flower appliques to cryptic symbols, whipstitching and distressing. The look is “Gossip Girl” meets Pocahontas.

Alves, who’s as charming as she is beautiful, moved from Brazil to Los Angeles when she was about 16. She spent her first few years in the United States cleaning houses and waiting tables before her modeling career took off. By 19, she was walking the runway for Carolina Herrera and posing in ads for Armani.

“When I started modeling, I started to make money, and I began to think about ways that my mom and I could do something together,” Alves said.

Traveling for her modeling gigs required a really good handbag, one that could stand up to the rigors of airplanes, hotels, cabs and backstage craziness. “Every handbag I had would break or fall apart,” she said. “The ones that did stay together, the label handbags, everybody else would have it.”

So Alves and her mom came up with their own design. “People started asking where I got it,” she said. “We started making them out of our garage. We couldn’t hammer in the middle of night, so we put everything in our car and would drive to a parking lot so we could hammer without bothering anyone.”

The line now features more than 60 clutches, totes, shoulder bags and satchels.

“We still touch every single bag,” she said. “We do the distressing. We don’t teach that to anybody, and you can’t machine copy it.”

The bags range from $212 for a small, casual shoulder bag to $1,800 for a large fringe statement piece.

Alves spent two months in New Orleans this fall while McConaughey was working on the film. She said the whole family was charmed by the city. And though they have two small children in tow these days — son Levi is 2 years old and daughter Vida just turned 1 — Alves says she’s not slowing down. “I grew up with my parents working for a living, and I never plan to stop working myself,” she said.

Whisked Away with Camila Alves

(http://hydrogen-mag.com/archives/80)

She breezes into Hotel Shangri-La in a pale green maxi-dress and not a stitch of make-up. She doesn’t need it. Camila Alves is one of those rarest of women; stunning in a way that seems almost impossible, a Brazilian gazelle who is much more than a pretty face. She is a strong mother, international model, bag designer and philanthropist. Warm and open in a way that is entirely sincere, Alves sits down with us so we can discover what makes this dynamic beauty tick.

THE ALVES FILES

HOMETOWN: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

BEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY: Spending time on the farm.

3 CLOSET STAPLES: Long flowy dress, black pair of high heels, a mini skirt.

LAST FASHION FIND: A black pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps

MANOLO BLAHNIKS OR LOUBOUTINS: A little bit of both!

3 MUST-HAVES IN YOUR MAKE-UP BAG: Bronzer, black eyeliner pencil, and lip balm.

BEAUTY SECRET: Drink lots of water!

I NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT MY…cell phone and my protection charms.

HIDDEN PASSION: I love arranging flowers.

FAVE BOOK: The Alchemist. I grew up reading it because the author is from Brazil.

FAVE RESTAURANT: My home!

BEST GETAWAY: Brazil and Greece.

LAST TWEET: @HipMom @StyleBistro congrats on winning the bag!!

ON A SATURDAY NIGHT I’D FIND YOU…at home cooking with a glass of wine.

DREAM DINNER GUEST: My family, they are the best people to be around.

HERO: My mom.

Camila Alves Interview with Hebe Camargo (in Portuguese)

Can anyone translate? What does she say about Matthew McConaughey? I believe she discusses how they met and she also refers to him as her husband?

Camila Alves Interview with Hebe Camargo (in Portuguese)

Can anyone translate? What does she say about Matthew McConaughey? I believe she discusses how they met and she also refers to him as her husband?

She just talks about coming to LA and starting off as a model. How she had trouble as a model in the beginning. Same thing as before. She struggled as a model in the beginning. Nothing new. Her relationship with Matt, children etc. The funny thing is that she talks portuguese like she speaks english sometimes. LOL. She stumbles.

• 2 weeks later...

Brazilian Beauty, Camila Alves (http://www.cosmeticbeautydirectory.com.au)

Many may know her as the other half of one of Hollywood's hottest couples, but there is more than meets the eye with Camila Alves. A mother, model and television presenter, she's also the creator of handbag range MUXO.

Q: You always look stunning on the red carpet, but what's your everyday makeup look?

A: Since I'm always travelling and taking care of my kids, I like to have a natural yet polished look. Sometimes less is definitely more when it comes to makeup.

Q: How do you take care of your skin? Any tips?

A: The best way to take care of your skin is to make sure you're eating healthy foods. What you eat makes a big difference when it comes to your skin!

Q: What are your secrets to great looking hair?

A: I have naturally curly hair, so I like to use natural oils to keep it under control. My favourite is Moroccanoil. I also like to make an avocado hair mask - you simply mash up an avocado and apply it straight to your hair, cover with a shower cap, and leave in for 30 to 40 minutes. It makes your hair so hydrated and shiny.

Q: Which makeup essentials do you always carry in your handbag?

A: Tinted lip balm and black eyeliner are always a must!

Q: You're in amazing shape. Do you do anything out of the ordinary to mix things up, or work with a personal trainer on target areas?

A: I used to do the Tracy Anderson Method, which works on training the small muscle groups. I'm now working with personal trainer Gunnar Peterson, whom I love because he keeps me really motivated.

Q: Tell us about your handbag range MUXO. How involved are you in the design process?

A: My mother and I started the line and both remain very involved in the design process. We use a lot of inspiration from the places we have spent a lot of time - Brazil, New York and Los Angeles. I also take inspiration from the beauty of the water and the mystery surrounding it. It's very rewarding to see the final product of something we have created, something that's so personal to us.

Q: How would you incorporate these handbags in to your everyday look?

A: The collection has numerous bags to suit different needs and everyday looks. Each bag can be customised to your liking, colour and style, so there is something practical and fashionable for every woman.

Q: Who would you love to see wearing your bags?

A: Everyone! It doesn't matter where you're from or what you're doing - my bags complement anyone's unique personal style.