Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

Matthew McConaughey leads the way as family flies from Los Angeles to Tokyo as it's revealed he'll voice koala in upcoming movie

Matthew McConaughey lead the way on Wednesday as his family boarded a plane bound for Tokyo.

The 45-year-old Oscar-winning actor departed from Los Angeles International Airport with his 33-year-old wife Camila Alves and their three children.

Matthew was headed out of the country on the same day that it was revealed he will voice a koala named Buster who owns a struggling theater in an upcoming animated feature.

The untitled comedy by Illumination Entertainment will be directed by Garth Jennings who also wrote the script and is set for release on December 21, 2016, according to an article on Wednesday byVariety.

post-90632-0-1446013520-50488_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013520-51598_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013520-52438_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Target.com

Busy-Mom Beauty: Camila Alves’ Time-Saving Secrets

May 6, 2015

Does being a mom mean skipping the beauty routine? 90 percent of the time, yes! But there are lots of ways to get around that, according to Target partner and fellow multi-tasking mama Camila Alves. Her time-saving beauty secrets showed us that even a swipe of lipstick or a few hairpins at bedtime can help any mom feel radiant as they rush through their day-to-day.

What is your top tip for ensuring your makeup stays put all day?
Using great brushes is just as important as using quality makeup. Once you’ve found an eye shadow and blush brush you like, be sure to:
Use a circular motion when applying eye shadow. It works much better than just brushing it on – since it really rubs the shadow in, the color stays all day.
Smile when applying blush. Smiling rounds the cheek and the color almost applies itself.

What if you’re going straight from the playground to a grown-up event?
I have red lipstick in my purse at all times. A deep red is easier to match with outfits, and I love applying a little color to my lips or a black pencil to the inside of my eyes to freshen up my look in seconds! When it comes to my outfit, I keep a pair of cool fashionable shoes in the trunk of the car to dress up any jeans and t-shirt look.

What about hair? Any time-saving tricks?
Depending on the texture of your hair, you can either braid it or use pins to put your hair into four smaller roll up buns at night. When you wake up in the morning, you’ll have that natural wave everyone’s looking for – and more time to spend packing lunches and planning activities with the kids.

Any quick and easy “homemade” beauty secrets?
I love mixing dark honey and brown sugar to create a homemade body scrub. After applying, let the scrub set on your body for a minute or so to allow your skin to soak up all the good stuff!

What is one must-have feature that you always look for in products?
I always make sure the products I buy have some level of SPF, from lip moisturizer to skin products and beyond.

What are your must-have products for different occasions?
Every day errands: Mascara, bronzer and lip moisturizer
At-home dinner party: Bronzer and natural color lipstick
Date night: A lip color that accents your natural lip color. Trust me, you want your date looking at your lips!
Gala: Body lotion with a little shimmer

• 2 weeks later...
Yahoo Matthew McConaughey Shares Family Photo as Wife Camila Alves Obtains U.S. Citizenship

post-42244-0-1446013520-89883_thumb.jpg

Matthew McConaughey has an all-American family.

The Dallas Buyers Club actor celebrated his wife, Camila Alves, becoming a United States citizen on Tuesday and shared a sweet family photo — and some nice words — to mark the special occasion.

"Congratulations Camila on getting your U.S. citizenship today- another fellow and great American," the Oscar winner, 45, posted on his social media accounts. The accompanying photo showed the Texan posing next to the 33-year-old model/handbag designer/TV host, whom he married in 2012, in a courtroom with their three children, Levi, 7, Vida, 5, and Livingston, 2.

Alves — who hails from Brazil, but moved to Los Angeles when she was 15 — also posted the photo online, writing, "Happy to say I now hold an American passport! I have so much respect and appreciation for this country. #newuscitizen."

The family, who reside in Austin, got cleaned up for the big day with even little Levi rocking a sport coat. McConaughey, who marches to the beat of his own bongo, wore his best trucker hat.

Alves, who hosted the Bravo series Shear Genius, was born in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, but "came to Los Angeles when I was 15 to visit my aunt, and never left," she shared on her handbag site, Muxo. For four years, she cleaned houses and waited tables while attending night school and sleeping on a friend's couch. "I not only learned the English language (I didn't speak a word upon arriving), but I knew I wanted to make America my home."

At 19, Alves moved to New York to become a model. Months later, she landed her first job for Jockey — and a billboard in Times Square. In 2006, her story took another wild turn when she met McConaughey at a Los Angeles bar.

We suspect her life has a way better ending than she ever could have dreamed of while sleeping on her friend's couch.

American beauty! Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves looks radiant in NYC... a week after getting her US citizenship

Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves was spotted looking stunning as usual on a stroll in New York City on Monday.

The outing came less than a week after the Brazil born bombshell got her US Citizenship, with her famous husband and their three children proudly by her side.

Camila kept it casual and comfortable as she headed to the Big Apple's Greenwich Hotel in a pair of baggy ankle-length olive-green trousers, and a loose-fitting white shirt.

2B41F0BD00000578-3193154-image-m-30_1439.jpg

The 33-year-old also sported grey trainers and accessorised with a couple of silver bangles and a green purse strapped around her waist.

Camila showed her natural beauty as she went make-up free under her sunglasses, and wore her chocolate brown locks in sultry waves.

The model was in Los Angeles last week, where she had a VIP legal oath ceremony at the United States Court House.

post-90632-0-1446013527-90692_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013527-92517_thumb.jpg

Along with Matthew and their children, Camila was joined by Emily Blunt, who got her US citizenship the same day with proud husband John Krasinski there for the milestone occasion.

The Oscar winning actress shared a photo from inside the courthouse, where his wife had to do her Pledge Of Allegiance.

He tweeted: 'Congratulations Camila on getting your U.S. citizenship today - another fellow and great American.' 

To make the famous Wendy’s chili, Camila Alves stated that you’ll need ground chuck, celery, canned kidney beans, canned pinto beans, canned diced tomatoes, canned tomato sauce, bell pepper, salt, chili powder and a few other ingredients. Be sure to watch the video below to see just how Camila Alves makes Wendy’s chili! Don’t forget to head over to Today.com/Food for the recipe, so you can make it for your family and friends this weekend.

Video: Watch Camila Alves show Hoda Kotb and Meredith Vieira how to make delicious Wendy’s chili on the Friday, August 13, 2015 episode of the Today show. ** If you have any comments or questions about this segment, the Today show or the recipe featured, please contact the Today show directly at Today.com. Thank you!

camila-alves-wendys-chili-today-show-aug

Cooking with Camila Alves on Today show.

http://www.today.com/food/easy-wendys-style-chili-recipe-can-be-made-3-days-t38501

http://www.today.com/video/make-this-easy-wendys-chili-copycat-recipe-at-home-504776259686

<div style="position:relative; padding-bottom:63%; padding-bottom:-webkit-calc(56.25% + 50px); padding-bottom:calc(56.25% + 50px); height: 0;"><iframe style="position:absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%;" src="http://www.today.com/offsite/make-this-easy-wendys-chili-copycat-recipe-at-home-504776259686"scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

A family affair! Camila Alves and Emily Blunt leave court with their husbands Matthew McConaughey and John Krasinski after officially becoming US citizens

They both married American Hollywood stars and relocated to the States to set up a new family life.

So it’s hardly surprising that Camila Alves and Emily Blunt were joined by their beloved husbands Matthew McConaughey and John Krasinski as they officially became US citizens.

The two leading ladies appeared to be great and content spirits after their VIP legal oath ceremony, which was held at the United States Court House in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

post-90632-0-1446013530-83044_thumb.jpg

Turning heads as she passed by, British star Emily looked absolutely sensational in a summery white dress, while shunning heels for a stylish pair of grey flats.

Meanwhile, the Brazilian model dressed her lean and slender frame in skintight jeans and a cream coloured semi-sheer overlay.

Accompanied by their three beautiful children, both Camila and 45-year-old Matthew were unable to hide their delight as they made their way outside.

The Dallas Buyers Club star took to his Twitter page to share a photo and a message about his joy that his wife had finally become a fellow United States citizen.

post-90632-0-1446013530-84795_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013530-85957_thumb.jpg

The 33-year-old model was grinning with glee as she posed with the movie hunk husband and their three children inside a courthouse, where she had to do her Pledge Of Allegiance.

He tweeted: 'Congratulations Camila on getting your U.S. citizenship today - another fellow and great American.'

But the Oscar-winning star was not the only one delighted with the development, for the Latina lovely, who worked as a maid when she first came the to US, shared the image with her own fans and sent them a message.

The mother-of-three said: 'First day back and look what I just went thru. It is with great pride and honor that I am happy to say I now hold an American passport!

Camila told The View back in 2013 she worked as a maid when she first came to the States at the age of 19, and that she could barely speak English at the time.

She said: 'My father always told me, "Before you become a queen you have to learn how to take care of your own things."

'So I knew how to do all of it, but I had never really done it on a daily basis. So I was cleaning houses and I started working restaurants.'

Camila grew up in a farming family in Belo Horizonte in Brazil, and at the age of 15 visited her aunt in California and decided she was not going back. After years of hard work she started a career on modelling and has never looked back.

Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves beams from ear-to-ear as she enjoys a low-key dinner outing with a male friend a week after acquiring US citizenship

She was recently made an official US citizen.

And Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves continued the celebrations on Tuesday evening as she stepped out for a low-key dinner with a male friend in New York.

Camila, 33, beamed from ear-to-ear as she was spotted sauntering around the city ahead of her friendly catch up.

post-90632-0-1446013533-85526_thumb.jpg

Comfort was the order of the day and night as the Brazilian beauty slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, a low-neck grey T-shirt with a black vest worn underneath it to protect her modesty, and a pair of grey canvas baseball trainers.

post-90632-0-1446013533-86435_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013533-87411_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013533-89152_thumb.jpg

You've got a friend in me: Camila and her male mate placed an arm around each other as they headed home after dining at Bar Pitti

The model and designer was seen running errands in the city accompanied by a security guard before heading out to dinner with a male mate.

Camila and her unknown dinner companion dined at Bar Pitti and looked close, placing a friendly arm around each other as they headed out of the restaurant.

The Brazilian's friend complied with her choice of outfit and slipped on a pair of blue straight leg jeans, button V-neck top and a pair of slip-on leopard-print trainers.

post-90632-0-1446013533-9044_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013533-91984_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013533-9349_thumb.jpg

Let's go for a spin: The model and designer jumped into her man friend's vintage Ford convertible following their low-key

outing

post-90632-0-1446013533-95561_thumb.jpg

Nice wheels: Camila sat pretty in the passenger seat while her male mate took the driver's seat

The duo seemed to be in high spirits as they giggled all the way to the car park where they jumped into his vintage white Ford convertible.

The pair's outing comes shortly after Camila was officially granted US citizenship after first visiting the country aged just 15 years old.

She and her Hollywood-hunk-husband Matthew celebrated the good news a week ago with a sweet image of the pair and their three kinds standing in a courthouse.

Camila posted the image on her Instagram page, alongside the caption: 'It is with great pride and honor that I am happy to say I now hold an American passport! I have so much respect and appreciation for this country... #newuscitizen.'

The Dallas Buyers Club actor added: 'Congratulations Camila on getting your U.S. citizenship today - another fellow and great America,' on Twitter.

post-90632-0-1446013533-96972_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013533-99437_thumb.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3195030/Matthew-McConaughey-s-wife-Camila-Alves-enjoys-dinner-outing-male-friend.html#ixzz3itDKF1cQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Camila Alves Cooks Up An In-N-Out-Style Burger 

Camila Alves rocks a floral dress as she strikes a pose at Target’s Back To School Event held at Target on Thursday (August 13) in New York City.

That same day, the 33-year-old model and lifestyle expert was spotted making her way out of NBC Studios after appearing on The Today Show.

post-90632-0-1446013536-45909_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013536-49653_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013536-51939_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013536-54671_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013536-5806_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013536-59387_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013536-60391_thumb.jpg

US Magazine Camila Alves Shares Healthy Kid-Friendly Lunch Ideas: What's in Her Son Levi's Lunch Bag?

Camila Alves doesn't cut corners when it comes to feeding her kids. "Instead of looking at lunches as what’s quickest, I try to look at it as, 'What would they have eaten at home?'" the lifestyle expert, 33, tells Us Weekly.

That’s why the mom of Levi, 7, Vida, 5, and Livingston, 2, whips up the next day’s fare the night before. "I’ll make variations of what I’m cooking for dinner," she explains. Alves, wed to Matthew McConaughey, 45, unpacks her eldest’s Crocodile Creek case for Us

“We do a lot of rice and beans, but Levi’s favorite is pasta with meat sauce,” Alves says. But just because the dish is a classic, doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. "World Market has really fun-shaped pasta — everything from animals to spaceships — that I love."

She also uses bento boxes to add more variety to the meal without the extra bulk of multiple containers. "I'll put the pasta on one side and then steamed edamame, carrots, and broccoli on the other." In addition to being incredibly healthy (and delicious), Levi’s lunchtime routine is waste-free. "I send them the regular silverware we use at home — just the regular metal ones." 

The mother of three does admit that sometimes kids just can’t resist a lunch box classic. "If they want a sandwich, they want turkey and cheese," she explains. "But I like to make them in a fun shape! I will cut the sandwiches in the shape of hearts."

As for savory, the lunchtime-expert says that Levi loves Siggi’s yogurt or Greek yogurt mixed with fruit and honey. "Sometimes, I even hide turmeric in there for an anti-inflammatory!" 

But no lunch is complete without a little something sweet. "I chop up different combinations of fruits for two days at a time, like watermelon and cantaloupe," she tells Us. Alves also throws in Goldfish crackers and some dried seaweed, "which is full of vitamins A and C!" she boasts. 

It may seem like Alves has the lunchtime routine down now, but she confesses that it isn’t always easy. "They’re pretty good eaters, but they go through phases where you have to work a little harder at it," she says. "I think the bottom line is you just have to keep putting the food down."

Alves' last piece of advice is simple: “Put good choices in front of them, and eventually they will start eating it!”

• 2 weeks later...

Target 8/25/15

From One Mom to Another: Keeping Things in Perspective from Camila Alves

Heading back to school is an emotional and exciting time for families. First, there’s the excitement of getting everything the kids need on their lists. Then it’s actually getting ready for the first day and all of the emotion that brings. Parents want to help their kids have the best first day possible. No pressure, right? Target partner, pal and super-busy mom of three, Camila Alves has already shared great tips for starting the year out right. In the letter below, she gives moms (and dads!) a hall pass to have fun and a reminder to not sweat the small stuff.

Hello moms!

As my kids’ summer vacation comes to end, like you, I’m getting everything together for the beginning of the school year. Last week, I went down memory lane thinking back to when my oldest son started kindergarten and his first day at a new school.

It doesn’t matter what grade your child is going into. It’s all new, right? A new school, new forms, new tests, new rules, new schedules, new carpools and always new teachers – the list goes on and on!

I must admit, the new school year can be a little overwhelming for me. And since we move so much, I’ve gone through starting new schools a couple of times in one school year!

So my son was starting at the big-kid school. That day, we got up early, packed his lunch and had a great morning at our house. His uniform was pristine, his backpack was on and his lunchbox was in hand. We took photos outside to send to the grandparents and everyone was smiling ear to ear! We hit the road with plenty of time and caught green lights all the way. I was thinking to myself, I am on it.

We pulled up to school only to find out that it was Dress-Up Shirt Day. I don’t know where in the middle of so many e-mails I missed that one, but I did.

I took a quick look at the clock and with my focus to have everything perfect, I decided to turn around and get that dress shirt.

We rushed back home, didn’t catch any green lights and ended up arriving back at school late. I had to walk him into the chapel in the middle of the service. If you have chapel service at your school, you know that while the chapel is quiet, the door hinges are not.

This is just one example of things not going as planned. Yes, we will most likely be late again, and I will most likely miss the Dress-Down Day e-mail and Crazy Hair Day memo. As much as we try to make everything perfect, sometimes these things happen. It’s okay. We’re human and we moms (and dads) are trying to do our best every day.

I decided to laugh at myself and admit that, sure I may have messed up, but maybe I shouldn’t put so much pressure on myself to get everything perfect. I’ll try my best, but if I’m stressing out, my kids will feel it and they won’t be having fun either.

Back-to-school is an exciting time that can be a little overwhelming for parents and kids, but overall it’s a joyful experience. Make the most of it and try to have fun!

Camila