Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

People
Camila Alves on Her Diet Cheat Days: ‘I Enjoy the Pleasure Too Much’

Camila Alves knows how to make the most out of a whirwind trip to France.

The model and PEOPLE.com lifestyle blogger accompanied husband Matthew McConaughey to the Cannes Film Festival for his Sea of Trees movie premiere this week, but she also took some time to herself to enjoy the important things in life: sweets.

“I love ice cream and I love chocolate,” Alves confessed to PEOPLE at the Magnum and BCBGMAXAZRIA event Sunday, where she dipped custom ice cream bars for guests. “You know what my problem is? I enjoy the pleasure too much.”

But like any star, “It’s a balance,” she said. “But you have to have your cheat day, you have to take your time to have the pleasure. Otherwise, what’s the point?”

And Alves has a special connection to the Magnum brand: The ice cream was a special treat for her growing up in Brazil.

“It was the fancy thing to get. With my brothers, I was like, ‘No, I’m not sharing!’”

People

The Personal Reasons Camila Alves Says Teachers Help 'Change Kids' Lives'

When Camila Alves first moved to the United States from Brazil when she was 15 years old, she couldn't read, write or speak English. "I didn't speak a word of English, zero, and I didn't have a lot of money," says Alves, 33, of her early teen years, before she became a model and long before meeting her husband-to-be, Matthew McConaughey.
Alves enrolled in night classes at Redondo Beach High School, south of Los Angeles, California, and, along with a classroom of adults – many of whom couldn't read or write in their own country's native language, much less in English – she found inspiration in a very special elderly woman.
"There was a teacher who was really important in [showing] me that I could learn this language, that I could learn to communicate in this country. She was probably in her late 70s or so, and she was a sweetheart," she recalls.
"If you didn't have a ride, she would literally drive to your house and pick you up and take you to class. She would get up on the table to make sure we understood what she was trying to say, she would do dancing and singing and go above and beyond so we could learn. That's somebody who did change my life."
This personal experience with a special teacher was but one reason Alves recently jumped at the chance to partner with Target on their education initiative, Thanks a Billion, a program committed to raising $5 million for schools across the country; it's all part of Target's $1 billion commitment to education by the end of 2015.
"If you think about it, all of us have one or more teachers who were instrumental," says Alves, whose two oldest kids, Levi, 6, and Vida, 5, are in school (her youngest is 2-year-old Livingston). "Education is so important. Education is a way of empowering people, it opens up so many doors and is fundamental to everybody. And teachers are not often appreciated in the way that they should be."
For her part, and as part of Target's social campaign to express thanks to favorite teachers, Alves recognized a teacher and a coach from Warren Easton High School in New Orleans, a school where the Just Keep Livin Foundation, co-founded by Alves and McConaughey, runs one of their after-school fitness and wellness programs for high school students. (For every such message of "teacher gratitude" uploaded through the campaign's website, Target.com/ThanksaBillon, Target will donate $25 to a school of the person's choice.)
"Today, those teachers on the ground are the ones who make a huge difference with all the work that we do [with the foundation]," she says. "It doesn't matter how much money Matthew and I raise, the charity events we put together, the programs and the curriculum, the ideas that we have – none of that matters if we don't have the right teachers on the ground. They're really helping us change those kids' lives."
Fortunately, the next generation of McConaugheys have embraced being little students. "My kids love going to school. When my son started going to kindergarten, we asked him, 'How was it?' and his only complaint was that he didn't get to stay in there longer," says Alves, a lifestyle expert and PEOPLE blogger. Levi and Vida, she says, "have fun going to school. They enjoy learning."
If ever the kids do balk at going to school or if they're being lazy, Alves finds a teaching moment. "I start doing scenarios for them," she says. "Throughout the day, we'll have things happen and I'll [ask], 'Without [school], how will you be able to read the sign?', 'How would you be able to count money?', or if we're opening a toy, I'll say, 'How are you going to be able to build the toy if you can't read the instructions?' "
Most important, says Alves, the best teachers make learning fun. When she reads to the kids – the Jigsaw Jones Mystery series are currently popular in the McConaughey home – "I get into characters, every character has a different voice."
But it's those in the front of the classroom who carry the heaviest load. "At the end of the day, it's the teacher that makes the difference," says Alves.

Matthew McConaughey Feels Grateful for Wife Camila Alves: "I Wake Up Next to Someone Who I Know Loves Me"

by Mike Vulpo Tue., May. 5, 2015 6:41 PM PDT

While he continues to book new roles for the big-screen, McConaughey hopes the long shoots and not always ideal hours can be a teachable moment for his kids.

After winning an Oscar for his role in Dallas Buyers Club, the actor's kids wanted an explanation as to what the special trophy was for.  He immediately took them back to the time when daddy "was skinny."

"He'd go to work every day and you'd be up and he was gone, but I'd come read to you and say goodnight," the Texas native recalled telling his youngest fans. "What they learned is not that if you go to work you get a trophy, but if you do something really good today, you can be rewarded for it later."

It's also all about paying it forward and spreading your gifts with others. Today, McConaughey remains active with his foundation and clothing line Just Keep Livin. It's a small gesture that could prove to be a big difference in students' lives.

"I've been given a lot with the help of the people around me," the 45-year-old explained. "And I think I've done a pretty good job of taking care of what I've been given." 

• 3 weeks later...

Old article yet pretty interesting to take a look at it

Charity begins at home! Matthew McConaughey takes wife Camilla Alves and daughter Vida to help out at New Orleans fundraiser

He's a lifelong Washington Redskins fan.

But since it's for a good cause, Matthew McConaghey didn't mind being seen with the New Orleans Saints' quarterback Drew Brees on Saturday.

The 45-year-old went down south on the weekend with his family to help out at an Amazing Race charity event hosted by the footballer.

post-90632-0-1446013493-2623_thumb.jpg

Every year Brees puts on a fundraising scavenger hunt through the French Quarter, and for the past number of them the Academy Award-winner has been on hand to help out, as his Just Keep Livin' charity is one of the benefactors.

On Saturday he and his wife, Brazilian model Camilla Alves, and their five-year-old daughter Vida took his usual spot on a balcony overlooking the action, shouting instructions and giving clues to the participating four-person teams who paid around $2,000 to take part.

Little Vida even threw Mardi Gras beads down to the racers, and treated the crowd to a make believe jam session on some toy instruments with Brees's young sons.

2881FFD600000578-3075269-image-a-36_1431.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-65781_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-75026_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-77569_thumb.jpg

Matthew and his wife donned matching grey 'Amazing Race' t-shirts, while he furthered his outdit with a scruffy beard and a black baseball cap bearing the word 'Alright' - a nod to his famous quote from in his breakout role in 1993's Dazed and Confused.

In a recent interview with Haute Living Los Angeles, the actor spoke about why he likes to give back.

'I've been given a lot with the help of the people around me - and I think I've done a pretty good job of taking care of what I've been given,' he said.

post-90632-0-1446013493-79135_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-8404_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-85198_thumb.jpg

'When I [became] successful and found what I wanted to do and was happy with that, I noticed that I had a whole lot more than a lot of people do. I was looking for a way to give back on a level like I do now, and saw there were millions of charities and millions of needs. 

'I knew that I wanted to find something that was incentive-based; that I could prevent what I wanted to cure.

He said he considered concentrating on children of all different ages, from Kindergarten up, until he settled on high-school kids. 

post-90632-0-1446013493-86515_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-87498_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013493-88755_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-90071_thumb.jpg

Those are your last years of childhood,' he said. 'You don't get demerits after that. If you screw up at 18, you might go straight to jail. I thought, "Let's get them at the crossroads."

'Then, "Which high school kids? Higher-end schools? Nah." We decided on lower-end schools in inner cities, where we thought young men and women needed it the most.' 

His Just Keep Livin Foundation is 'dedicated to helping teenage kids lead active lives and make healthy choices to become great men and women'. 

The Interstellar star also insisted he does not take life for granted - or his stunning wife.

'I wake up knowing the fact that this morning was not guaranteed to me,' he said.

'I've had times in my life when I did take that for granted. Many people do; it's a very basic thing. 

2881FEE100000578-3075269-He_then_decided.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-92021_thumb.jpg

'Now I get to wake up next to someone who I know loves me the way she does - my wife - who gave birth to our three beautiful, healthy children.

'I get to live in a nice place, and I have things to look forward to every day - work, play, and sometimes nothing at all. 

post-90632-0-1446013493-92954_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013493-94953_thumb.jpg

I look forward to Mondays,' he added. 'It's very rare to have a career where I don't need days off. I love going to work.' 

Ready for summer! Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves looks radiant in white as she smiles while walking down NYC street 

By HELEN ZHAO FOR MAILONLINE

Even with three young children to look after, Camila Alves isn't afraid to wear head-to-toe white.

The 33-year-old model and designer looked radiant in a loose-fitted sheer tunic featuring exotic designs paired with skinny jeans as she stepped out in New York on Thursday.

The wife of Matthew McConaughey put comfort first as she walked along in grey Converse sneakers and wore her dark hair swept up in a bun

post-90632-0-1446013495-4307_thumb.jpg

She added splashes of colour with her baby blue purse and bright pink nail polish.

It was a solo outing for Camila, who was without her famous 45-year-old husband or their three children - Levi, six, Vida, five, and Livingston, two.

The mum-of-three has been married to her Hollywood leading man since 2012, but the two have been in a relationship since 2006. 

post-90632-0-1446013496-47271_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013496-81145_thumb.jpg

Camila accompanied Matthew to the Cannes Film Festival in May, where she turned heads in a jaw-dropping gown with a very plunging neckline.

There, she helped launch the Magnum Belgian Chocolate Wrap – a scarf that smells like Belgian chocolate – in partnership with Magnum Ice Cream and BCBG Max Azria.

Camila also discussed how she got red carpet ready. 

298C59A800000578-3120743-image-a-24_1434.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013496-82881_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013496-84301_thumb.jpg

I wore a really revealing dress, so we needed to make sure it was covered and there was enough double-stick tape,' she told The Hollywood Reporter. 

'Because if you do move the wrong way, it's going to show, and you don't want that to happen.'

Camila added that her husband Matthew 'definitely takes the last look.'

298C59C200000578-3120743-image-a-30_1434.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013496-89791_thumb.jpg

The Daily Mail's following Camila around. The baby is so precious. And Vida really has perfected her giving the paps the stink eye! She gives her little playmate King Louis Bullock a run for his money there. I guess the woman holding the baby is the nanny.

Camila Alves proved she's a hands-on mom Saturday as she was spotted shuttling her kids in a golf cart from a birthday party in Malibu.
The Brazilian model, 33, who's married to Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey, confidently put pedal to the metal as she drove out of the exclusive estate where the party was held.
Her passengers were her two youngest children with McConaughey, Vida, five, and Livingston, two, and three female pals. 
post-90632-0-1446013497-4222_thumb.jpg

Mom's in control: Camila Alves drives her two youngest children with Matthew McConaughey - and three women friends - home from a birthday party in Malibu on Saturday in a golf cart

The brunette beauty was dressed for the part of 'chauffeur' in white skinny jeans, gray athletic shoes and a long white woolly cardigan with red patterned sleeves.
Vida, who opted to sit on the back bench of the golf cart, had on a blue princess dress and her hair was swept up into a regal bun on top of her head with some of her curls left loose to soften the look.
The five-year-old wore a red tracksuit top over her dress to protect her from the cloudy and cooler beach temperatures Malibu experienced on Saturday.
Her younger brother Livingston was perched on the lap of one of Camilla's friends wearing long shorts and a long-sleeved blue top with matching blue striped socks. 

post-90632-0-1446013497-44226_thumb.jpg

Model driver: The Brazilian beauty, 33, wore white skinny jeans and a woolly cardigan as she confidently steered the gold cart along the streets of the upscale beach-side neighborhood 

post-90632-0-1446013497-46115_thumb.jpg

Party time: Vida, five, wore a blue princess dress and a pretty hairdo and clung on tightly to the safety rail as she traveled on the back bench of the cart. Brother Livingston, two, sat on a friend's lap for the ride

Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves is a model driver as she shuttles her kids home from a Malibu party in a golf cart

Camila Alves proved she's a hands-on mom Saturday as she was spotted shuttling her kids in a golf cart from a birthday party in Malibu.

The Brazilian model, 33, who's married to Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey, confidently put pedal to the metal as she drove out of the exclusive estate where the party was held.

Her passengers were her two youngest children with McConaughey, Vida, five, and Livingston, two, and three female pals. 

The brunette beauty was dressed for the part of 'chauffeur' in white skinny jeans, gray athletic shoes and a long white woolly cardigan with red patterned sleeves.

Vida, who opted to sit on the back bench of the golf cart, had on a blue princess dress and her hair was swept up into a regal bun on top of her head with some of her curls left loose to soften the look.

The five-year-old wore a red tracksuit top over her dress to protect her from the cloudy and cooler beach temperatures Malibu experienced on Saturday.

Her younger brother Livingston was perched on the lap of one of Camilla's friends wearing long shorts and a long-sleeved blue top with matching blue striped socks. 

post-90632-0-1446013497-96759_thumb.jpg
post-90632-0-1446013498-00135_thumb.jpg

Not with the group was McConaughey, 45.

The Interstellar actor and his wife married in 2012, but have been in a relationship since 2006.

The couple attended the Cannes Film Festival together last month where Camila turned heads in a jaw-dropping gown with a very plunging neckline at the premiere of her husband's film Sea Of Trees.

Whiles in Cannes, the model also promoted a new initiative between

BCBGMAXAZRIA and Magnum ice cream by posing for photographs while dipping Magnum ice creams into vats of white and milk chocolate.

The event was held to drum up publicity for the Magnum Belgian Chocolate Wrap, an accessory infused with the aroma of chocolate, which will be available in the US from BCBG MAXAZRIA stores and online from next month. 

Camila Alves vs Deepika Padukone

Wow! They really look alike.

Separated at birth? 

post-90632-0-1446013503-79318_thumb.jpeg

Sizzling Hot Lookalikes: Exotic Camila Alves and Bollywood Star Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone (born 5 January 1986) is an Indian film actress and model. She has established a successful career in Bollywood films, and is cited in the media as one of the most popular and attractive Indian celebrities.
Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight: 60 kg or 132 pounds
Measurements: 34-26-36 in or 87-66-91.5 cm

Camila Alves McConaughey (born January 28, 1982) is a Brazilian model and designer.
Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight: 54 kg or 119 pounds
Measurements: 34-23-34 in or 86-58-86 cm

Matthew Shares His Texas Pride With Camila, Levi, and Adorable Vida

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves sipped on drinks and lounged around an Austin park with Levi and Vida, who's been working on her walking skills, on Sunday. It was a rare no hat outing for the family, who spent the weekend in Texas to cheer on the Longhorns, though Matthew's alma mater lost their football game to Iowa State. Matthew's back in his home state after wrapping up a busy Summer filming The Lincoln Lawyer and directing amusic video with Jamey Johnson, which was just released. He's also been active with his j.k.livin foundation and showed his support for the kids that completed the LA Rock 'n' Roll half marathon.

post-90632-0-1446013512-2047_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-21943_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-24814_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-26009_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-27789_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-29156_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013512-30717_thumb.jpg

Watch Camila on Today's show!!

Camila Alves makes $5 dinner: Ramen stir-fry with veggies and shrimp

Ramen Stir-fry

Ingredients
  •  

• 2 packages of ramen noodles (cooked without flavor pack)
    • 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
    • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
    • 2 cups frozen shrimp
    • 3 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons sesame oil
    • 3 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce

Preparation

post-90632-0-1446013519-06879_thumb.jpgAnthony Quintano / TODAY
  1. In a wok, heat 3 teaspoons of sesame oil then add the chopped garlic.
  2. Add the frozen vegetables and cook unt
    1. til almost defrosted.
    2. Add the frozen shrimp and cook until defrosted.
    3. Add 3 teaspoons of soy sauce and mix with the shrimp and vegetables.
    4. Add the plain cooked ramen noodles to wok.
    5. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
    6. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
    7. Mix together and serve.
    Tipped Jell-O Cups

Ingredients

•  

• Box of strawberry Jell-O
      • Frozen strawberries
      • Whipped cream
      • Mint for garnish

Preparation

post-90632-0-1446013519-18641_thumb.jpg

1. Make Jell-O according to package instructions.
  2. Pour Jell-O into glass filling it less than ½ way so when you tip the glass, it gives a nice angle, but doesn't pour over the rim.
  3. Gently set tipped glasses into cupcake mold and add strawberries and allow Jell-O to set.
  4. Once set, fill half the glass with whipped cream.
  5. Garnish with additional strawberries and mint.