Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

Life & Style Magazine

Camila Alves Dishes on Her Most Decadent Meal Cooked by Hubby Matthew McConaughey

Camila Alves is one lucky woman!

In an all-new My Life, My Style, the model, 30, talks all about hubby Matthew McConaughey, 43, — and his inner chef.

A handsome and talented guy who can cook? Talk about being married to a catch!

Get a sneak peek of our fun — and fashionable — interview with the 30-year-old brunette beauty, who’s mom to the pair’s three kids, below:

My most decadent meal ever was…
A perfectly cooked 1 5/8-inch grass-fed steak that my husband made for me, with a melted homemade blue cheese topping using fresh herbs from the garden. He paired it with the best red wine.

A star whose style I love is…
Reese Witherspoon. Whether she is at the part with her kids or on a red carpet, she always looks polished and beautiful!

My favorite place to be is…
Our home in Austin, Texas. There’s a big yard for the kids to play in and some of the best food in the world!

The fashion item I can’t live without is…
The snakeskin hobo bag from my MUXO collection for QVC. I love it because it holds everything under the sun – from lipstick to sippy cups – and I still look fashionable!

Huffington Post

9/11/13

Camila Alves McConaughey Talks Style, Marriage And More For HuffPost's #nofilter

These days, our knowledge of celebrities too often originates with paparazzi images and snarky quotes by anonymous "insiders." After a while, it's easy to forget that stars are real people. That's why HuffPost Celebrity decided to launch its all-new #nofilter quick-fire question-and-answer series. Because how well do you know someone until they've shared their guiltiest pleasures?

Model and designer Camila Alves McConaughey has an enviable wardrobe, but you can crib her style by picking up a piece from her MUXO handbag line. Her latest collection hits QVC Friday (Sept. 13) at 7 p.m. EST. In honor of the launch, the Brazilian beauty spoke with us about collaborating with her mom, her own fashion preferences and her marriage to Matthew McConaughey, with whom she tied the knot in 2012.

What was the inspiration for your new handbag collection?
A lot of the inspiration comes from the trips I took around the United States. They were created by my mother and myself and we meet together. That’s where the magic happens -- where she and I bring completely different styles and come up with something that’s very unique. Whenever my mom and I design, we want every woman to be included. I’m not just designing for one demographic, one style. We go from bohemian-chic to very clean, classic looks, and [they’re] ageless. Any woman of any age with any sense of style can find a bag that they will love in the collection, and it will be accessible to them.

What’s always in your purse?
Floss and lip gloss.

What's one thing from your childhood wardrobe that you wish you could wear now?
In this hot weather, one of those little tops. Miley Cyrus wears them a lot. I grew up wearing those.

Do you have any fashion regrets?
Somebody showed me a picture of some event I went to back in the day and I was really going heavy on the turquoise jewelry and it was not good. I was like, OK, I guess that was a phase that needed to happen.

Do you have a say in what Matthew wears?
We’re a close family, so do I tell him what to wear? No. But we check in with each other, for sure. We give opinions to each other.

How do you balance marriage with both of your busy schedules?
One thing I think is important is keeping true to what the essence is, what brought us together. That essence that we first had, to always bring it back somehow.

What's your pet peeve when it comes to style?
I have a hard time with big bold animal prints, bright-colored animal prints.

If you could give advice to a younger version of yourself, what would it be?
When you’re young and you’re going through relationships and you’re trying to figure out what direction to go and the right person for you, to just not worry about that too much. The right person will come around the corner. But also, whatever you’re going through now, learn the lessons. What is it from each relationship that you’re going through now that you have to learn to get you ready for the right person? Because every relationship I went through, I learned lessons, and if I didn’t learn those, it probably wouldn’t have worked out when I first met Matthew. Everything was a lesson for me.

What's the silliest rumor you've read about yourself?
That I was a witch. And that my mother was imposing on Matthew to get married [laughs]. Matthew’s mom was more cheering for us to get married than anybody else, but it was never an imposition from either side.

What shows are always on your DVR?
We did watch “Celebrity Apprentice.” And we’re trying to get into “The Newsroom.”

What movie could you watch over and over?
“Philadelphia” and “Forrest Gump.”

What's your guiltiest pleasure?
Chips and salsa and guacamole.

What's on your nightstand?
My charm necklace that I wear every day. I always take it off before I go to bed.

What's one item that's always in your refrigerator?
Kombuchas.

If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Brazilian-style chicken stroganoff with white rice and crispy skinny fries, cooked by my mother.

th_huffpost_zps28ecb09a.jpg o-BAGS-570.jpg

celebrity baby scoop

9/12/13

Camila Alves On Her New MUXO Handbags, Life With The Paparazzi

Model mom Camila Alves has sure been keeping busy! The mom-of-three, to daughter Vida, 3, and sons Levi, 5, and Livingston, 8 months, designed new collections for her MUXO handbag line, launching on QVC this Friday, September 13th at 7 p.m. EST.

Camila opens up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about her new MUXO handbags, how hubby Matthew McConaughey is a very “hands-on” dad, and whether the paparazzi drive her crazy. The Brazilian beauty also reveals that her older kids are “the best of friends” and Livingston is a “very mellow” baby who “knows what he wants and when he wants it!”

CBS: Tell us about your new collections for your handbag line MUXO, launching on QVC this Friday. What inspired the new designs?

CA: “Yes, I am very excited to go on-air on QVC this Friday at 7 p.m. My mom and I designed everything together. For this collection, we really took our time to listen to what the customers told us they loved. We wanted to give them more of what they’re looking for, so the collection is really focused on the customer. We made sure the handbags are the right weight and the best quality of leather, and we focused on intricate details like how the bag fits. A lot of people think that a bag is just put on and good to go, but we know the bag has to fit fight so it can be utilized the right way.

The designs are very versatile, because I always try to make my styles so you can wear them from night to day, and also have different ways of wearing them. I have small bags that you can wear as a clutch, as a wristlet, on your arm, or as a cross-body bag. For a lot of the bags, I tried to figure out how we could make them as multi-functional as possible. The designs come from all of my travels around the United States, which makes it a very ‘American’ bag collection.

Also, it was very important for me to try to include all different kinds of women. In designing the collection, it was very important to me that we cover all bases and try to create designs for women of all ages and senses of style. I feel that all women should be able to watch the handbags and I on-air and find something they love. You can also check out the bags online on QVC before and after the show.“

CBS: Do your kids like your handbags? Do your kids show a flair for fashion?

CA: “My kids love the handbags! My daughter is very into the collection and shows a flair for fashion. She really enjoys fashion, but I think my son kind of grew out of it. My daughter likes creating new things and planning fashionable outfits on her own.” 

CBS: Congratulations on baby Livingston! What kind of baby is he? Is he the ‘easiest’ baby yet?

CA: “Livingston is a great baby; he’s very mellow, but he knows what he wants and when he wants it. If he wants something, I can’t try to give him something else because it’s not going to happen. [laughs] Livingston is a very strong little boy, but I think he is a very good baby. I don’t think he is my ‘easiest’ baby yet, because Levi was my easiest.” 

CBS: How are your older children doing? Is Levi in kindergarten this year? If so, how is that going? Is Vida in preschool? If so, how is that going?

CA: “My older children are doing great, and they’re best friends. No, Levi is not going to be in Kindergarten this year, but Vida is in preschool. They are both going to school; we are just now finding Levi a Kindergarten in the area.” 

CBS: Do your kids get along well? Are they best of friends? What kinds of things are they into these days? 

CA: “Yes, they are the best of friends. We do a lot of outdoor activities. We were in Calgary last month living in a trailer on-location, and all we did was stay outside, explore, and use our imagination while going to rivers. We collected rocks and time learning about animals and bugs. I never saw so many bugs collected in my life! [laughs] They are really outdoor kids for sure.” 

CBS: Is it hard to raise a family in Hollywood? Do the paparazzi drive you crazy? Is that why you moved to Texas?

CA: “No, the paparazzi didn’t drive me crazy; it comes with the package of what we do. They are going to be there and get their shots, and they’re not going anywhere for a long time, unless we do pass the law where they are not allowed to take pictures of the kids. That doesn’t mean they are going to be gone; they will still be there, but they just won’t be able to take pictures of the kids. It’s part of the deal, so the way I like to look at it is that they are not going to ruin me. They are going to be there and are going to do what they are going to do. If I stop doing the things I want to do and stop taking my kids to do what they want to do, then who is ruining who, right?

The paparazzi was not the reason why we moved at all. However, after we did move we realized how much more relaxed we were, being in an environment where the paparazzi were not outside our door every day. They weren’t the reason why we moved in any shape or form, but after we did move to Texas, we realized how much more relaxing it is to not have people watch you all the time.

The thing about the paparazzi is that some places are harder to be around them than others. In our old place, they were outside the house all the time. If I was having a bad day or something happened that I knew they couldn’t document, something that I didn’t want to share with the world, I had to stop my car, go to them, and say, ‘Not today, you need to back off.’ A lot of the time, they respectfully do leave and not bug me. It’s how we handle them that judges whether we get the respect back.” 

CBS: What kind of dad is Matthew? Does he love having a big brood? Would he like more kids? Would you like more kids?

CA: “Matthew is a great, hands-on dad who’s very present. We are on the road with him while he’s working, and he’s very present and hands-on all the time. In regard to whether he would like more kids, you would have to ask him. I just had my third child in less than five years, so I am okay for a minute.” [laughs]

OK Magazine

9/13/13

Camila Alves Talks About Designing a Purse Line Alongside Busy Family Life!

Like it’s not enough that Camila Alves has a hot husband in Matthew McConaughey, three adorable babies with him, and is one of the most beautiful women in the world. She also designs a handbag collection with her mother, Muxo by Camila Alves, which you can see tonight on QVC and is available here. We talked to her about the purses and babies and fashion—oh my!

OK!: What is the look and feel of this season’s bags? Which is your favorite?

Camila Alves: This collection that we’re going to be showing at QVC is a more of a compact version of what we’ve been doing in the past. We really focused on the quality, the light weight of the bag, being very practical. So most of the bags have hidden pockets because you know we all need those. It’s a really good selection. My favorite one is the hobo with the fringe.

OK!: Why do you like that one?

CA: It’s really my style. It’s bohemian chic. It really adds flavor to the outfit. And it has fringe! When I’m doing the designs for QVC with my mom, it’s really important that we include all women. It’s hard enough being women as we are, going about our everyday lives right? Any time that I can include everybody I want to do it, so in the collection we go from bohemian chic to a very clean, sophisticated loo. Any woman of any age and any style should be able to go online on QVC and be able to find something that they love.

OK!: What has it been like working with your mother?

CA: It’s been great! My mom has been doing this over thirty years. She really, truly knows what she’s doing. I’ve been in the fashion industry for over fifteen years, so when her and I meet in the middle, that’s where the magic happens.

OK!: How would you describe your own personal style, and has it changed since you’ve become a mother?

CA: I try to go a little more slick and sophisticated, but I always end up coming back to bohemian chic. It just kind of happens! And I have changed since I’ve been a mother. Before I would change my accessories all the time,  and now it’s like, give me a denim and a cool shirt and I’m good, you know what I mean? [laughs]

OK!: How you do juggle designing, a new baby, and Matthew being away filming?

CA: Every time he goes to location, we all go. We just pick up and go. We call ourselves the traveling circus, the trailblazers. We gotta make up our trails as we go. We base ourselves out of there. It could be sometimes a lot of moving parts, but it really works for us as a family. Especially for the kids, because they really get to be present in our lives every day. They really get to experience a lot, and they get such culture as well.

Hollywood Life

9/10/13

Camila Alves Reveals The Family Inspiration In Her Handbag Designs

The gorgeous model and mama of 3 is expanding her MUXO by Camila Alves line, special to QVC. In an EXCLUSIVE interview with HollywoodLife.com, Camilla spilled on what it’s like designing the collection with her family — and where she gets her style inspiration!

Camila, 30, is returning to QVC to debut her new collection of designer bags for her MUXO by Camila Alves line, which launch on Sept. 13 at 7 p.m. EST. Camila is excited about her new designs, and her return to the show. She told HollywoodLife.com:

"I have been off having babies and haven’t been on air. The bags have been there all along, but now I’m coming back. I took time to focus on what the customers wanted, making sure it’s a well-rounded collection."

Camila designs the collection with her experienced fashion designer mom. “It’s a great partnership,” Camila explained. “Of course there’s a lot of back-and-forth, but that’s where the magic happens.” Both women have decades of experience in the industry, and they bring all their style know-how to the masses with accessibly-priced accessories.

“We have very different fashion styles,” Camilla said of her mother, “But even when we don’t agree we meet in the middle — and it’s a great mother/daughter relationship.”

Camila told us that her own youngest child, 3-year-old Vida is already getting into fashion herself! “She’s already putting things together,” her mom revealed.

Camila Alves Shares Her Design Inspiration

Camila’s family inspiration is everywhere — even when it’s not her own family whose fashion sense she’s checking out:

"I travel enough that I get to see what is out there, and what people are into. I’ll see what mothers and daughters and wearing, what’s working."

Camila cited her “lifestyle and trips” as her biggest sources of style inspiration, explaining that she always has her eyes on “what’s going on in the moment,” to capture that cool, functional style for her line and channeling that global street style into her designs.

Camila Alves’ Advice To Keeping Organized

The busy mom juggles her career and family — and has great advice for parents who are doing the same! “It’s all about organization, preparation, and anticipation,” she revealed. She keeps on top of her family’s busy schedule by anticipating the stresses they’ll encounter before they get there. Great advice!

people.com

9/13/13

Camila McConaughey Embraces Her Curves After Three Kids

Plus video: http://celebritybabies.people.com/2013/09/13/camila-alves-mcconaughey-gorgeous-at-any-age/?xid=rss-topheadlines

post-42244-0-1446013037-77657_thumb.jpg

At 30, Camila Alves McConaughey is not in denial about her changing body.

“I am definitely way curvier,” the model turned handbag designer tells PEOPLE. “My waist used to be tiny. I just saw a picture of Miley Cyrus with a little crop top and low pants and I’m like that was me growing up in Brazil!”

But now as the mom to Levi, 5, Vida, 3½, and Livingston, 8 months, McConaughey shares how her body has changed — and what her husband Matthew McConaughey thinks of her figure! — in PEOPLE’s new special issue, Gorgeous At Any Age.

When she first started dating the Dallas Buyers Club star, “I had the typical model body,” she says. “But after babies it changed. I look more like a woman. Even Matthew has seen that change in me and he’s completely okay with it. It’s evolution.”

And she doesn’t plan on fighting the aging process any time soon. “The mistake that women make these days is trying to chase their youth,” says McConaughey. “In my 20s I wanted to be hot, now I want to be healthy.”

Besides, the busy mom — who appeared on QVC Friday to launch the latest collection for her line Muxo — has plenty of other things to worry about. “I’m dedicated to my family, my husband, my kids. I have a business and I want to help others when I can. So that’s where I’m standing right now.”

US Weekly
9/17/13

Camila Alves: What's In My Bag?

Ola, sunshine! "My passport case is yellow, to remind me of Brazil," says Matthew McConaughey's missus, Camila Alves, 30, mom to Levi, 5, Vida, 3, and Livingston, 9 months. "It's the color of our flag!" What else does the Muxo bag designer (who is debuting her new collection September 13 at 7 P.M. on QVC) keep handy?

Makes Cents

"I'm reading a book on the economy. It sounds kind of boring, but I'm fascinated by business and want to know how the industry works."

Honey, Hold This?

"I've gotten used to carrying Matthew's things! His snus, the tobacco chew, always wind up in my purse. And I have his wallet and iPhone."

Covering Her Bases

"I have a princess coloring book for Vida, one with trucks for Levi and an activity book they're both into."

Magic Wand

"I use Avon Mega Effects mascara. The applicator brush is tiny but makes my lashes look huge."

Shhh!

"I don't want to embarrass myself too much, but if I'm going to a photo shoot, I bring my own Spanx and panties. Honestly, I would be terrified if someone opened my bag and saw them!"

• 3 weeks later...

E! Online

9/25/13

Camila Alves is taking mommy and me to a whole new level!

Not only does Matthew McConaughey's wife take a hands-on approach to raising the couple's three adorable children Vida, Livingston and Levi, but she makes it a point to log time with her own mother, Fatima.

In fact, the mother-daughter duo has worked together on their Muxo handbag collection for eight years now, with their latest collection of carryalls having launched on QVC earlier this month.

But don't think that just because she's a family oriented gal that Alves has only created a series of chic-looking diaper bags.

"The idea behind the design is that any woman of any style, any sense of fashion, and any age should be able to go online and find something that they love," she explained about the thinking behind her brand. "It's very important for me to be able to accommodate all women."

And to that end, the Brazilian beauty took the time to share a little advice for on-the-go gals, who could use a advice on finding a balance in their busy lives.

Here's what she had to say:

1. Organize: Getting everything in order is, well, in order if you want to minimize unnecessary stress. "First thing is organization," Alves advises. "You have to find it. I'm not a very organized person, but I had to learn it the hard away. So organization is a big thing.

2. Anticipate: "You got to be ready. If you're a working mother, you have to [think] ‘What do the kids need for the next two days? For the he next week? For the next month?' I have to go by every month because our schedule changes so much."

3. Prepare: Once you have an idea of what you need to get done, Alves suggests tackling it right away! "I started to work on Christmas stuff last month. I started working on the Christmas cards. I've learned the hard way, like when it's the end of the year and I'm struggling, and it's not fun anymore!

Huffington Post

10/14/143

Supermodel Camila Alves-McConaughey Talks Fall Fashion Trends and Fun Halloween Costumes

post-42244-0-1446013044-44972_thumb.jpg

Supermodel, designer and celebrity wife Camila Alves-McConaughey recently hosted in the Pacific Northwest a trendy fashion event as Macy's I.N.C. Brand Ambassador.

Lucky me had a chance to chat with Camila and find out all about what are her favorite fall fashion trends, and an insider sneak peek at some wickedly fun Halloween costume ideas. Let's get started:

As Macy's I.N.C. Brand Ambassador what fashion and style themes for the fall season 2013 speak to you as a creative woman in the world?

I love the I.N.C. fall collection of sweaters, moto jackets and neutral metallic. The metallic fabrics and fibers are super modern. They're like 3-D or foil inspired with a cool vintage vibe.

What's your personal style, classic, romantic, modern, vintage collector?

I'm definitely a vintage collector. I have a wardrobe of core basics that I like to spice up with different colors, new accessories, and I love to try on new things to invite something different. I find with every new stage of my life my self-image shifts with new duties and responsibilities, and so does my fashion style.

Name three fashion and style trends that continue to show up in your wardrobe? Is it a color, a texture, a pattern, a decade, silhouette or fragrance?

• 1. Boyfriend jeans: I.N.C. denim is awesome. It fits, stretches and hugs your body in the right places without getting sloppy looking and it has memory threads.
  • 2. Two-tone oxford flats: I'm really a high heel kind of girl but recently because my family has grown I have these flat shoes I wear almost everywhere even on the red carpet. The shoes are similar to a vintage two-tone saddle shoe with blue and grayish neutral color.
  • 3. Moto jacket: I recommend buying and owning more than one. The I.N.C. metallic moto jacket is polished and modern, however there are new moto jackets in softer fabrics, and these are great options to wear, so versatile.

How does fashion allow you to express yourself? Do you feel free or restricted by fashion?

I don't have a lot of time in my household to always fuss with different looks because of travel and my busy work schedule I stick with standard pieces and layer. Layering is great for me because I can play with texture, flowy fabrics and prints.

With so many fashion styles out in the marketplace, does it feel chaotic or do you ever feel overwhelmed?

No, it's important to me to believe in yourself as an individual. Allow yourself to try on new things without losing your sense of your own personal style.

What's your fashion center of calm that resonates a vibe of your glowing self?

Embrace yourself and do what you can to look and feel your best. Don't put on so many fashion trends that create a ridiculous style statement. Pick and choose what feels good, and flatters your own body.

What challenges you right now and how does that challenge empower you to grow and learn more about yourself and others?

My health because I now have three babies and a husband that depend on me, so my health and taking care of myself is very important. I must exercise five days a week, stay healthy for a happy state of mind, create time and space so being healthy is a permanent lifestyle.

What is the first thing you grab from your closet to wear that evokes a feeling of being strong, balanced and beautiful?

My two-tone oxford shoes, boyfriend jeans and I like to try on new lipstick colors.

Who and/or what inspire your fashion curiosity?

Women inspire me. Women in the airports, around the country in different cities, destinations around the world inspire me with the way they express their individuality. I love watching women and discovering all the ways each person uses a color, pattern, a style, even a lipstick color. I'm a people watcher.

Is your household dressing up for Halloween? What are the costume considerations on the table for your family this year?

Yes, we love to dress up and go out for Halloween. This year the kids are thinking army commando and princesses. Last year I was pregnant and I wanted to wear a sexy Indian (Sari) outfit but it just didn't work. So Matthew and I dressed as Mario and Luigi. I was Mario and Matthew was Luigi. We wore the mustaches and hats, everything. It was so much fun.