Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

“Thanks a Billion!” Target Kicks Off A New Teacher Appreciation Campaign

Target partner, Camila Alves, wanted to recognize the great work of a teacher and coach from Warren Easton High School in New Orleans, a school where the Just Keep Livin Foundation, implements one of their after-school fitness and wellness program at Title 1 high schools, co-founded by Camila and husband Matthew McConaughey. They provide students at inner city high school with the tools of a healthier future. Not only did Camila praise their dedication to their students, but she’s donating $5,000 to Warren Easton High School – now that’s a big thanks! 

“Education can open so many doors—that’s why it’s so important to thank teachers who make an impact every day on the lives of students," said Camila. “For the Thanks a Billion campaign, I choose to thankMs. Esco and Coach Tony because they are wonderful teachers who change students’ lives for the better."

Being a ‪#‎TargetPartner‬ has a lot of perks, especially when they are doing great causes like this!! Share a message of thanks and Target will give $25 to your school of choice. After this ‪#‎ThanksABillion‬ campaign, Target will have donated 1 Billion Dollars to education in America throughout the years! THANKS A BILLION! http://tgt.biz/thanks

P.S. To all the teachers on our j.k. livin foundation programs all across the United States, I want to say THANK YOU for being our forces in the schools. I truly appreciate everything that you do and how you help us change these kids lives for a better future! Let's all share a video or a photo and raise much needed funds for a school of your choice! It's that simple!

post-90632-0-1446013462-99148_thumb.jpg

Camila talks on the campaign:

https://fbcdn-video-b-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xft1/v/t42.1790-2/11223291_672487916211847_1104404687_n.mp4?oh=994f6c9bc9fb5f6f6bc25e541cab3db3&oe=5556242A&__gda__=1431709209_f44b01aa1a8d107a9cd62f10ac1912e3

Matthew McConaughey Reacts to 'Sea of Trees' Being Booed at Cannes

Read more: http://www.justjared.com/2015/05/16/matthew-mcconaughey-reacts-to-sea-of-trees-being-booed-at-cannes/#ixzz3aMn2upi2

Matthew McConaughey and Naomi Watts hook arms while attending the premiere of their upcoming film The Sea Of Trees during the 2015 Cannes Film Festival on Saturday (May 16) in Cannes, France.

The 45-year-old actor’s wife Camila Alves was also spotted walking the red carpet at the premiere.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Matthew McConaughey

Earlier in the day, Matthew and Naomi promoted the film at a photo call with director Gus Van Sant.

“I liked the experience of making it and I’m glad we got the opportunity to introduce it to the world. Anyone has any right to either boo or ovate,” Matthew shared about the movie.

FYI: Naomi is wearing a Peter Pilotto dress and Jimmy Choo sandals at the photo call and Giorgio Armani at the premiere. Camila is wearing a Gabriela Cadena gown with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

matthew-mcconaughey-reacts-to-sea-of-tre.jpg

001_matthew-mcconaughey-reacts-to-sea-of-tre.jpg

002_matthew-mcconaughey-reacts-to-sea-of-tre.jpg

xpo_mmacaatsotpic150516_11.webp

epp_mmacaatsotpic150516_20.webp

16.05.15 PREMIERE

Camila Alves In Gabriela Cadena – ‘The Sea Of Trees’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

post-90632-0-1446013471-83694_thumb.jpg

Camila Alves swept onto the red carpet for the premiere of ‘The Sea of Trees’ at the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Saturday (May 16) in Cannes, France.

Striking the dramatic profile that Cannes permits, the Brazilian beauty wore a Gabriela Cadena gown with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Perhaps attempting to balance the impressive tulle-like layers of the long skirt, she overcompensated a bit with the extravagant diamond pendant necklace.

I would also say that the piece drew unnecessary attention to the deep plunge of the neckline, which wasn’t the most flattering silhouette for Camila.

Credit: Getty

Video

http://www.purepeople.com/article/cannes-2015-camila-alves-et-diane-kruger-brillent-devant-sophie-marceau-sage_a159798/1

On Sunday, the Brazilian beauty made her way to beach in a sexy white kaftan under a patterned shawl as she promoted a new initiative between BCBGMAXAZRIA and Magnum ice cream.

Dressed by the fashion house, the mother-of-three's wavy brunette tresses rested on her shoulders as she dipped Magnum ice creams into vats of white and milk chocolate at an event.

Wearing minimal make-up, she let her natural beauty shine through as she strode alongside the golden sands in a glittering pair of white-and-gold Christian Louboutin heels.

post-42244-0-1446013474-37001_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013474-37619_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013474-3893_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1446013474-40567_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013474-44664_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1446013474-46488_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013474-47107_thumb.jpg

People.com
Cannes 2015: Camila Alves Reveals How She Avoided a Wardrobe Malfunction in Plunging Gown

When Camila Alves hit the The Sea of Trees red carpet in Cannes in a black lace and tulle Gabriela Cadena gown with a plunging neckline, we immediately had two thoughts. 1. Wowza, she’s stunning. 2. Isn’t she scared of a wardrobe malfunction?! So when we caught up with the actress the next day at the Magnum and BCBG lounge, we had to ask how she pulled off such a risky (but worth-it) dress.

Turns out, alterations had to be made right before she stepped out onto the carpet. “We had to sew things into the dress at the last minute after I tried it on,” she told PEOPLE of prepping for the premiere of her husband Matthew McConaughey‘s new film. “It didn’t rip, but because it [the neckline] was so low and the carpet view is 360°, we had to make sure we had everything the right way. If I made one wrong move, I was afraid I was going to show a little more than what I wanted to. We taped it and sewed it in the back while I had the dress on to make sure it all stayed in place.”

And even though she touched down in the French Riviera for a short 24-hour trip, the star said she was armed with “a lot” of options.

“It’s Cannes, you know? This is the time to really be elegant and chic,” Alves shared. “You have to bring it. I did something different last night; I changed it up which was fun. I had beautiful jewelry that Lorraine Schwartz custom-made for the premiere.” (FYI on the jaw-dropping jewels: her diamond and emerald vintage necklace and drop earrings are worth over $1 million.)

For Alves’s second Cannes cameo, she went for a more casual look, attending the Magnum ice cream lounge in a lace flounce BCBGMaxAzria tunic dress teamed with a chocolate-scented scarf. (Yes, you read that right.)

And because you can’t bond over ice cream without talking about summer, we asked Alves about her must-have warm-weather essentials. “Suncreen, sunscreen, sunscreen — for sure,” she said. “I have this omega oil product that I like to put in my hands and on my face. After you come out of the sun it kind of keeps everything hydrated. And drinking lots of water.”

Still about Cannes..because we seem not to get enough of it, do we? lol  :heythere: 

Camila Alves wows in plunging black lace gown and statement jewels as she joins husband Matthew McConaughey at the Cannes Film Festival 

By JOANNA CRAWLEY FOR MAILONLINE

She's played the role of best supporting wife for three years, and at the Cannes premiere of her Oscar winner husband's new movie, Camila Alves triumphed again.

The stunning Brazilian model joined Matthew McConaughey for his big night at the 68th annual Film Festival, where he premiered his new film The Sea of Trees on Saturday.

Walking the red carpet before hitting the afterparty hosted by Grey Goose at Baoli Beach, Camila wowed in a black lace gown with a daringly low neckline.

The Gabriela Cadena gown featured a pleated semi-sheer skirt, but all eyes were on the top half of Camila's dress thanks to the plunging neckline.

A backless black lace bodice with a neckline slashed to the navel made sure the brunette's model body was on full display, with a stunning pendant from celeb-favourite jeweller Lorraine Schwartz finishing off the racy look.

The model swept her dark locks back into a chic up do and added some smoky eye makeup and a pair of drop earrings to her ensemble.

Not to be outdone by his gorgeous wife, Matthew also went for a statement look in a burgundy blazer teamed with a black waistcoat and bow tie. 

The handsome actor was earlier in the evening seen leading his wife off a boat as they headed to the glittering premiere.

post-90632-0-1446013475-36873_thumb.jpgpost-90632-0-1446013475-39571_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013475-4034_thumb.jpg

post-90632-0-1446013475-4231_thumb.jpg

Watch Camila walk down the Red Carpet on this short video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3085061/Camila-Alves-wows-plunging-black-lace-gown-statement-jewels-joins-husband-Matthew-McConaughey-Cannes-Film-Festival.html#v-4241974467001

Popsugar

Camila Alves on McConaughey-Alves Family Life: "We Like to Stay Home and Hang Out" (video)

Camila Alves had a whirlwind couple of days in Cannes with her husband, Matthew McConaughey, who was in the South of France debuting his film The Sea of Trees. We caught up with her at a BCBG and Magnum beach party to talk about the brands' new collaboration, which will be free with purchase for BCBG shoppers starting in July, and why the red carpet experience at Cannes is truly one of a kind. She also had a great reason why she doesn't mind her husband's many dramatic movie transformations.