Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

New 'Do Every Day: Camila Alves

Latina.com

By Kate Sandoval | 07/18/2011

Getting hair as straight as Camila Alves’s on a hot day is not for the time-strapped, easily-distracted chica. But, as the gorgeous Brazilian proves, it can be done.

We recently asked Camila how she straightens her naturally curly hair, and she said she lets it air-dry naturally (a good tip for the summer when thirty minutes with a blow dryer is hellish!), then straightens it section by section with a flat iron. “I try not to use the blow dryer so that it’s one less potentially-damaging hot tool on my hair,” she explains.

Covers :blush:

I kinda wish she was more known for her modeling work rather than the partner of Matthew McConaughey, I started this thread before she got together with him and really liked her as a model, shame shes too busy probably to do much modeling and probably being a mother is her first priority and furthermore shes more of a celebrity/television presenter career wise :/

post-6767-1311459670_thumb.jpg

post-6767-1311459690_thumb.jpg

I kinda wish she was more known for her modeling work rather than the partner of Matthew McConaughey, I started this thread before she got together with him and really liked her as a model, shame shes too busy probably to do much modeling and probably being a mother is her first priority and furthermore shes more of a celebrity/television presenter career wise :/

I understand what you mean but honestly dating Matthew has made us more aware of who she is as a model. I knew her back in 2000 bc she was dating Maxwell the singer and I would see her around. She became known in the NY social life bc of him but he was on hiatus so we didnt see her on the red carpet with him much. Same as for her bags. I think it has made it a little easier for her to branch out her line and get all of these gigs bc in Brasil she is known for dating him and she gets the modeling gigs. Not saying she is using it to her advantage but I am sure she is in some ways. And thats ok bc she is helping out her family in Brasil and her mother also. This year alone she has graced about 6 magazine covers, Malibu Times, Westlake Magazine, Hydrogen Magazine, Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine and more.

I get what you're saying but all those magazines are hardly Vogue, Elle etc :/ I don't know, I kinda lost interest when she stopped doing proper modeling and became more of a celebrity and good for her shes got her bag line etc but I don't think I'm a fan anymore.