Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

SAG Awards 2024 Nominations (Complete List)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Sterling K. Brown – “American Fiction”

Willem Dafoe – “Poor Things”

Robert De Niro – “Killers of the Flower Moon”

Robert Downey Jr. – “Oppenheimer”

Ryan Gosling – “Barbie”

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Annette Bening – “Nyad”

Lily Gladstone – “Killers of the Flower Moon”

Carey Mulligan – “Maestro”

Margot Robbie – “Barbie”

Emma Stone – “Poor Things”

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

“American Fiction”

“Barbie”

“The Color Purple”

“Killers of the Flower Moon”

“Oppenheimer”

https://variety.com/2024/film/awards/sag-awards-nominations-2024-1235866459/

So disappointing. I knew he probably wouldn’t be win competitive this year but I  expected at least the nomination. I hope he will be nominated for the Oscar although this seems unlikely now. I think Leo was better that Bradley Cooper and Cillian Murphy. I didn’t see the other performances. 

SAG Nominations: DiCaprio SNUBBED! Dafoe over Ruffalo! Cruz Surprise Nomination!

Where to start? How about with Colman Domingo (“Rustin”) getting into the Lead Actor category. That’s right, Leonardo DiCaprio (“Killers of the Flower Moon”) was snubbed by SAG — he could still sneak in an Oscar nomination, but it’s no longer a done deal for him.

Also absolutely nothing for MAY DECEMBER - which I still haven't watched but critics loved it.

26 minutes ago, akatosh said:

So disappointing. I knew he probably wouldn’t be win competitive this year but I  expected at least the nomination. I hope he will be nominated for the Oscar although this seems unlikely now. I think Leo was better that Bradley Cooper and Cillian Murphy. I didn’t see the other performances. 

I guess BAFTA will be his last chance. If he's out there I guess he's done. But they love Leo so there's hope.

47 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

SAG Awards 2024 Nominations (Complete List)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Sterling K. Brown – “American Fiction”

Willem Dafoe – “Poor Things”

Robert De Niro – “Killers of the Flower Moon”

Robert Downey Jr. – “Oppenheimer”

Ryan Gosling – “Barbie”

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Annette Bening – “Nyad”

Lily Gladstone – “Killers of the Flower Moon”

Carey Mulligan – “Maestro”

Margot Robbie – “Barbie”

Emma Stone – “Poor Things”

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

“American Fiction”

“Barbie”

“The Color Purple”

“Oppenheimer”

https://variety.com/2024/film/awards/sag-awards-nominations-2024-1235866459/

Over the top Bradley Cooper bagged a nomination. Wow...Gosh... unbelievable, sorry. For me, he was clearly snubbed here 

51 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Totally agreed, I watched these movies too. Cillian just acted like he used to do in Peaky Blinders. He was good actually, but still. Disappointed here.

10 minutes ago, Pami said:

Over the top Bradley Cooper bagged a nomination. Wow...Gosh... unbelievable, sorry. For me, he was clearly snubbed here 

For me Cooper is the Elvis of this season. Not necessarily over the top but a loud, showy, sweaty performance.

a2f82f8c2580aa7013cb8a9bbb3f5192ebd29420

7300d3ec6eee693fc494cf7fc146dcaa3c126846

It's just the exact opposite of Cillians much more quiet, nuanced performance.

6446276d1c64891db252131482fe7b7caab7f8a7

b56bb41e48d33b620eeae754dc7479ea8b76ef98

Also him and Matt Bomer were perfect and I'll die on that hill.

37897f63938d721bcc13280879da9be471b5f771

29 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

For me Cooper is the Elvis of this season. Not necessarily over the top but a loud, showy, sweaty performance.

a2f82f8c2580aa7013cb8a9bbb3f5192ebd29420

7300d3ec6eee693fc494cf7fc146dcaa3c126846

It's just the exact opposite of Cillians much more quiet, nuanced performance.

6446276d1c64891db252131482fe7b7caab7f8a7

b56bb41e48d33b620eeae754dc7479ea8b76ef98

Also him and Matt Bomer were perfect and I'll die on that hill.

37897f63938d721bcc13280879da9be471b5f771

Hum...don't know, still think he was overacting most of the time in this movie. I do hope Cillian wins now more than ever. In fact I even liked Matt Boomer better in this movie. But I also understand what you mean.

Finally some good news after the SAG mess. But remember Leo wasn't nominated for Wolf of Wall Street at SAG either and got in at the oscars. So there's still a chance.

Paul Thomas Anderson & Warner Bros Set Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn, Regina Hall; Untitled Film Gets Underway January 21

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has Paul Thomas Anderson set to direct Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio & Sean Penn and Oscar host Regina Hall in an untitled film that will begin production January 21 in California. Anderson wrote the script, and he will produce the film with Sara Murphy.

The film is currently untitled and they’re keeping the logline under wraps. We have learned that it is a contemporary setting and it is the most commercial one that PTA has attempted, with commensurate budget. It came out of a relationship that Warner Bros Picture Group co-chair/CEOs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy built making PTA’s last film, Licorice Pizza, while they ran MGM. That film got three Oscar noms for Best Picture, and Best Screenplay and Best Director for PTA. While DiCaprio, Penn and Hall are the leads, the new film will have a big ensemble cast that is still falling into place. Anderson has done ensemble in the past, notably with Boogie Nights, the film that De Luca shepherded when he headed production at New Line.

The film is significant for several reasons. Along with developments like the strategic alliance just formed with Tom Cruise and projects that include the Paul Greengrass-scripted/directed adaptation of the T.J. Newman bestselling novel Drowning: The Rescue of Flight 421, Warner Bros and De Luca and Abdy have the opportunity to change the narrative for the studio. It was a rough 2023, even as the studio finished with the top grossing film in Barbie.

DiCaprio was courted for many things in the wake of Killers of the Flower Moon, which has him in the thick of the Oscar race along with Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone and Eric Roth, who adapted the David Grann book with Scorsese.

Penn stars in Daddio, teaming with Dakota Johnson in the Christy Hall-directed two hander that was a fall festival favorite and acquired by Sony Pictures Classics, and he’s part of the Patricia Arquette-directed Gonzo Girl. Hall was executive producer on Gonzo Girl, and she starred in the fest film Honk for Jesus. Save Your Soul.

DiCaprio is repped by LBI and Hansen Jacobson; Penn by CAA and Hirsch Wallerstein, and Hall by Independent Artists Group; Anderson is CAA and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/leonardo-dicaprio-sean-penn-paul-thomas-anderson-regina-hall-new-film-warner-bros-1235709076/

A little love for Leo at the Houston Film Critics Society:

Picture
“American Fiction”
“Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.”
“Barbie”
“The Color Purple”
“Godzilla Minus One”
“The Holdovers”
“Oppenheimer”
“Past Lives”
“Poor Things”

Director
Alexander Payne, “The Holdovers”
Christopher Nolan, “Oppenheimer”
Greta Gerwig, “Barbie”
Martin Scorsese, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Yorgos Lanthimos, “Poor Things”

Actor – Leading

Andrew Scott, “All of Us Strangers”
Cillian Murphy, “Oppenheimer”
Jeffrey Wright, “American Fiction”
Leonardo DiCaprio, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Paul Giamatti, “The Holdovers”

Actress – Leading

Emma Stone, “Poor Things”
Fantasia Barrino, “The Color Purple”
Greta Lee, “Past Lives”
Lily Gladstone, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Margot Robbie, “Barbie”

Actor – Supporting

Dominic Sessa, “The Holdovers”
Mark Ruffalo, “Poor Things”
Robert De Niro, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Robert Downey Jr., “Oppenheimer”
Ryan Gosling, “Barbie”

Cinematography
Hoyte Van Hoytema, “Oppenheimer”
Linus Sandgren, “Saltburn”
Robbie Ryan, “Poor Things”
Rodrigo Prieto, “Barbie”
Rodrigo Prieto, “Killers of the Flower Moon”

Score
Robbie Robertson, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Ludwig Göransson, “Oppenheimer”
Jerskin Fendrix, “Poor Things”
Joe Hisaishi, “The Boy and the Heron”
Daniel Pemberton, “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse”

Ensemble

“Barbie”
“Oppenheimer”
“The Holdovers”
“The Iron Claw”

https://nextbestpicture.com/the-2023-houston-film-critics-society-hfcs-nominations/