Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Oh I would love for Leo to work with Greta. :thumbsup: Greta would definitely be willing because she loves/loved Leo.

About the new project:

I wouldn't mind if Leo did two movies back to back again. The Wager seems unlikely because I think they need time for pre production and for the script. I'm happy when he's on set again early next year. Then we maybe have a finished movie by december🙏

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone praise the film’s historical accuracy and each other in passionate Wednesday chat

In an online interview/webinar designed to spark awards momentum with members of the entertainment media on Wednesday, “Killers of the Flower Moon” stars Lily Gladstone and Leonardo DiCaprio discussed the importance of maintaining the historical accuracy of director Martin Scorsese’s epic while at the same time praising the work and humanity of one another. DiCaprio portrays Ernest Burkhart and Gladstone his wife Mollie – a member of the Osage Nation – in telling the real-life story of a series of brutal murders of the Osage people fueled by oil and greed in early 1920s Oklahoma.

“Speaking specifically about working with Mr. Scorsese, we’ve done a few biopics together based in real history,” DiCaprio says. “This had a whole new level of responsibility in my opinion. A lot of things could have been up for our own interpretation, or our own viewpoint, on how to tell this story. But we knew based on how important this was historically, and this was a sort of lost, very dark chapter in American history that we needed to tell correctly. And that meant we needed to listen. That was our responsibility, not only after reading the book and delving into all of the great research that (author) David Grann did. We needed to go to the Osage community and hear their perspective on this story.

SEELily Gladstone dethrones Emma Stone as Oscar Experts’ front-runner for Best Actress

Gladstone, who is herself of indigenous heritage, shared that she and DiCaprio “took several community meetings together” on location in Oklahoma. “It was really incredible actually walking into a community that had no idea of who we were as individuals but knew who we were there to play,” she said. “And immediately, the community kind of started treating us and regarding us as those characters…Just taking these meetings together, hearing about who these people (we were playing) were, and hearing it from Osage in meeting after meeting…So I think as we were building our characters individually, we were also taking these meetings together, building what the dynamic may have been as this couple.”

She adds that it wasn’t at all clear at the outset that the dynamic of hers and DiCaprio’s characters was going to function onscreen the way that it did between the actual Ernest and Mollie in reality. “It was a really fun acting exercise in those early weeks and reminded me of just being in school again where you’re just given lines and text without any context.”

DiCaprio wasn’t at all surprised that his director was even more tied to delivering the authenticity of the story than he and Gladstone were.

“There were moments with Marty on the set where I looked at him and he said, ‘I feel this story in my bones. I feel this incredible responsibility to tell this correctly’,” he recalls. “And especially after doing research and looking back at history from a Native (American) perspective, how Hollywood has portrayed these stories in the past, this was an incredibly sensitive one. It’s generational. The Osage are still affected by this moment in history, ad we just knew it was our job to listen and get their perspective. A lot of those meetings and working with Lily really shaped (the film).”

In terms of how well the actors got along during the shoot, well, it was clearly the mutual admiration society. Asked about something unexpected she learned about DiCaprio as they worked together, Gladstone responds, “How incredibly generous he is – I mean, as a human being, as an actor.” She admits it was intimidating being the new kid on the block who hadn’t worked at this level before. “The imposter syndrome feelings, the feeling that you’re not going to get it right. All of that was just so easy to get around because (DiCaprio is) so patient. he’s so generous, he’s so committed to this film. I mean, he told me the first week how much this film meant to him, and I could see that immediately. And just the amount of space I was given, the amount of encouragement I was given. And that continues. He’s one of the most generous people I’ve met in my life.”

DiCaprio was equally taken with his co-star.

“I knew after our initial meeting how incredibly intelligent she was,” he emphasizes, “(and) she really inhabited the soul of Mollie. Oftentimes, she came on set and it felt like the presence of Mollie was there. She came up with so many amazing moments and dynamics. The whole notion of me being the trickster, the coyote, which was a prevalent theme and something that really shaped the entire relationship between these two characters was all her idea…I mean, it was amazing the amount of texture she brought to not only her performance, but the entire structure of the movie and shaping the movie that you see today.”

Both Gladstone and DiCaprio are among the frontrunners in this year’s Oscar race for Best Actress and Best Actor, respectively. In fact, Gladstone this week overtook Emma Stone (“Poor Things”) for first place among the expert journalists weighing in at Gold Derby. DiCaprio remains locked in the  fourth position behind Cillian Murphy (“Oppenheimer”), Bradley Cooper (“Maestro”) and Paul Giamatti (“The Holdovers”).

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2023/killer-of-the-flower-moon-leonardo-dicaprio-lily-gladstone-interview/

16 Directors Praise 2023’s Best Films: Alfonso Cuarón on ‘Killers of the Flower Moon,’ Jane Campion on ‘Priscilla’ and More

This year started with bright promise — the COVID pandemic seemed to have been tamed, festivals thrived and summer blockbusters ruled once again, with the combo of “Barbie” and “Oppenheimer” pushing 2023 into iconic status. But despite the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, great films found their audiences, and a handful of helmers got personal with praise of their favorites.

'Killers of the Flower Moon'

Directed by Martin Scorsese
Essay by Alfonso Cuarón

As Balzac wrote in “Père Goriot”: “The secret of great fortunes without apparent cause is a crime forgotten, for it was properly done.” In “Killers of the Flower Moon,” Martin Scorsese lays bare the genocide against Native Americans that is a foundational ground of this nation. 

This crime was committed by not by an individual, but by a system that got away with it through a series of acts of Congress, that through their different stages justified killings and displacements, but more importantly, through rewriting the narrative of the country.

This historical re-write was present in much of the mythology of Westerns that Scorsese enjoyed while growing up, and that now he unveils, true to his methods, through a character uncomfortable in his own skin and tormented by the amorality that justifies his actions.

But, as opposed to the visceral approach of most of his films, Scorsese has chosen a distant and reflective stance, favoring atmosphere over narrative, denying us the easy satisfaction of moral superiority to the men on screen who managed to justify their hideous betrayals of their loved ones and still pretend to have a soul, and confronting audiences with the sin by omission that must rightfully haunt the American soul.

Alfonso Cuarón has directed such films as “Roma,” “Gravity” and “Children of Men.”

full list: https://variety.com/lists/directors-best-films-2023/the-iron-claw/

14 hours ago, akatosh said:

AACTA International Awards

Nominations for Leo, Lily, De Niro, Marty and Film

https://www.aacta.org/aacta-awards/aacta-international-awards/13th-aacta-international-awards/

So the male line up for the oscars becomes clearer.

Best Lead Actor
Bradley Cooper – Maestro
Leonardo DiCaprio – Killers of the Flower Moon
Cillian Murphy – Oppenheimer
Andrew Scott – All of Us Strangers
Jeffrey Wright – American Fiction

All Oscar Lead Actor Winners since the start of the AACTA International Awards have either won or least been nominated.

Jean Dujardin, The Artist (won)

Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln (won)

Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club (nominated)

Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything (nominated)

Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant (won)

Casey Affleck, Manchester by the Sea (won)

Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour (won)

Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody (won)

Joaquin Phoenix, Joker (nominated)

Anthony Hopkins, The Father (nominated)

Will Smith, King Richard (nominated)

Brendan Fraser, The Whale (nominated)

Also Cate just coming out of nowhere. What a queen 😄 Probably the sign for me to finally watch TAR tonight :p

e0d0d3613877ee7d571b3787867896240e3500ba

Best Lead Actress
Cate Blanchett – The New Boy
Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon
Carey Mulligan – Maestro
Margot Robbie – Barbie
Emma Stone – Poor Things

18 hours ago, akatosh said:

Fantasia and the Color Purple girls about Leo: (at 2:30)🤭

I love the way they are gushing over him here, it's kinda cute!🤣♥️

Hello girls, new (not so new) here. Glad to be back here after a huge gap. ☺️