Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Solange, Barbie and Oxford!!

Kinda random but Just thinking of all leo's friends and how he's known them for such a long time. Lukas, Kevin , Tobey, Ethan, Jonah he's known since atleast the early/ mid 90's.

Danny A he's known for a long time too...... how long have they been friends ( that we know of)? since the 90's too?

Blaine he befriended in the 90's but he's one that never stood the test of time though lol.

PEOPLE Caught in the Act sighting written on November 8 that we missed.

Leonardo DiCaprio, who stars in the upcoming Great Gatsby adaption, was one of many celebrity revelers at a Gatsby-themed bash at L.A.'s Trousdale Lounge. The soiree was a birthday party for filmmaker Brett Gursky, and DiCaprio hung out with his usual posse of guys: Lukas Haas, Kevin Connolly and Jerry Ferrara. Meanwhile, Kristin Cavallari was the life of the party, bouncing from group to group. The recent Dancing with the Stars contestant was also soaking up male attention. "She was in a very bubbly mood and used her time to let go and have some fun," a partygoer tells us. Also there: Chris Evans and Mark Salling.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20543530,00.html

^^ So which angels are single :whistle: :p

They are all lovely ;)

Leonardo DiCaprio's Career in Hollywood Films

Similar to ByPrincess' post, but a little different:

"Fleming"

Back in 2008, DiCaprio began developing a biopic based on the life of Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond novels. The script under went one re-write, and a rival project popped up roughly a year later. Not much has been heard from the project in two years.

"Sinatra"

When Martin Scorsese became attached to a Frank Sinatra biopic, DiCaprio's name was instantly batted around to take on the role of Old Blue Eyes. With "Silence" poised as Scorsese's next, it may be a while before we see if DiCaprio will take to the mic.

"The Wolf of Wall Street"

A much more low-key biopic, this financial drama DiCaprio's Appian Way is developing is based on Jordan Belfort's memoir. "Wolf" follows Belfort's rise to stock market stardom and his eventual and spectacular fall.

"Devil in the White City"

Though not technically a biopic, this thriller focuses on two historical figures, one of which was Dr. H.H. Holmes, the notorious serial killer. DiCaprio has been rumored for about a year as the main contender for the dark role.

"The Imitation Game"

In the proposed Alan Turing biopic, DiCaprio would play the mathematician responsible for the decoding and breaking the Nazi encryption during World War II.

"The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt"

Another long-in-development Scorsese project, this film based on the early years of the Rough Rider had DiCaprio's name attached as soon as the famous director became involved. It seems that where one goes, the other soon follows.

Tom Wopat, James Remar and James Russo all join Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained

You’ve read the names in the title and you see the pictures below, so I know you’re probably thinking “I’ve seen those guys somewhere before…” And yes, yes you have. Quentin Tarantino’s DJANGO UNCHAINED picked up three more cast members today in the form of Tom Wopat, James Remar and James Russo. You know Tom Wopat better as Luke Duke from the 80′s TV show ‘The Dukes of Hazard’ who will be playing Marshall Gill Tatum. James Remar you know as Dexter’s dad in the TV show ‘Dexter’, and James Russo from small parts in DONNIE BRASCO and PUBLIC ENEMIES will be playing Ace and Dicky Speck, two slave trading brothers.

DJANGO UNCHAINED so far stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jamie Foxx, Kurt Russell, Christoph Waltz, Don Johnson, Samuel L. Jackson, Gerald McRaney, Anthony Lapaglia, Kerry Washington, Dennis Christopher, Laura Cayouette, RZA, Todd Allen, and Michael K. Williams. The film arrives on December 25th, 2012.

Solange

Thanks for another positive J Edgar review from Village Voice :)

Fash

Thanks for People information as to who the party Leo attended was for :)

Also, thanks , for information that both of Leo's good friends Adam Levine & JayZ were performing at VHS show .

Wijn

Thaks for clips and more film news :)

Lauren

Thanks for Leo twitter sighting at VHS :)

thanks for this sight fash. But hey girls, did you saw that Eddie Murphy is not going to present Oscar anymore? I guess this is good... and I wonder who will present now?

Billy Crystal! Billy Crystal! Please!

Fash thanks for the party sighting. At first was a little confused because I thought you said, well the article, not you :p that Leo was at the party that date and we know that he was in new york on Tuesday, so that he couldn't have been there, but then I realized that the party was actually on Friday 11.4.11 when he was still in LA. Now it makes sense. See, another mystery solved by the Bellazon Squad... Horrible Green Bracelet you're next :laugh:

Well Lauren think you and I are going to have serious problems. What I told you?. Don't think I didn't realize that you was the first who "asked" if he would go to the VS show and now "coincidentally" was you who posted the tweet.

I'm watching you, girl 940065543-mundoemoti-143.gif

NY Post sighting of Leo ,of course , from Twitter we already knew Leo was at the Kayne/JayZ concert :)

Kanye West and Jay-Z had Gayle King, Serena Williams, and La La and Carmelo Anthony dancing away at their “Watch the Throne” concert Tuesday at MSG. Tinsley Mortimer and boyfriend Brian Mazza were at the Sobieski Vodka suite after a preview of MSG’s new Ainsworth Prime restaurant. West and Jay then headed to the Darby Downstairs to party with Beyoncé, Ryan Phillippe, Chris Rock, Ne-Yo, Russell Simmons and Leo DiCaprio.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/dancing_fr...M#ixzz1dJeofoor

I don't think Leo will do all this movies, remember that Leo name was announced in a bunch of movies and most of them Leo didn't made or even turn into a movie, in fact. So, we have to wait and see what comes next after Django.

I also think the same Barbie! Leo's name is all Scorsese's projects,press does it cuz everyone knows Leo is the muse of Marty and all his upcoming projects are connected with Leo.

on one hand, I like biopics,cuz it gives him (and all other actors) huge chance of Oscar nomination,but on the other hand I don't want all of these biopics,cuz I want him to play in comedy,yesterday I was just watching Hangover 2 and I was like,Leo also can make so funny movies,he's got great sense of humor,my sister who also is a fan of Leo wants to see him in a comedy and yesterday we were just talking about it.she tells me,that she knows he can play in comedy,but she already can't imagine Leo making funny dialogues with costars and.. you know what I mean.same with me,I believe in his talent and know he can make any character,but because of he's always playing serious characters,with troubles,I already can't imagine him as a funny boy in a movie,besides his sense of humor and funny interviews he's got some serious image in my eyes (because of his roles) and maybe that's the reason. and I want so bad him to break this image created in my eyes ... :blush:

Leonardo DiCaprio becomes J. Edgar Hoover on film

capt.b0c7e6cb7c964998a74873b51a9e3a61-1ac74138bff74f0aaf7355aec4e4dcf2-0.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. – The Leonardo DiCaprio sitting inside an empty soundstage on the Warner Bros. lot on a sunny November afternoon looks very little like J. Edgar Hoover — his title role in Clint Eastwood's new biopic of the longtime FBI director.

On this day, DiCaprio looks relaxed and comfortable, lean and handsome. In "J. Edgar," he's anything but.

DiCaprio portrays Hoover throughout his nearly 50-year reign over the Federal Bureau of Investigation. To play the elder Hoover, the actor endured grueling six-hour makeup sessions that left him unrecognizable even to his director.

"I had a lot of weight on me, too," DiCaprio said. "I kept adding this weight just because I wanted to feel the weight of the country and the world on his shoulders. I just kept feeling more and more claustrophobic, and I tried to use that for the character, because I felt like he felt more and more claustrophobic in his position: He was losing the power that he once had, he was being criticized more than ever and he tried to retain his staunch beliefs of the morals this country should live by."

Eastwood's portrait of Hoover, from a script by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black ("Milk"), follows the intensely private man throughout his career, from 1919 until his death in 1972. Hoover tells his own story for much of the film, which explores his relationships with the very few people he trusted: His mother (played by Judi Dench); his secretary, Helen Gandy (Naomi Watts); and his associate and companion, Clyde Tolson (Armie Hammer).

It's the depiction of the relationship between Hoover and Tolson that raised the hackles of historians and FBI officials when Eastwood and DiCaprio approached them during their research for the film. Officials maintain that the two men shared a brotherly relationship. The film suggests that perhaps it was more than that.

"My answer is: No one has the real answer," DiCaprio said. "What we're trying to portray here is a partnership, a lifelong partnership that these two men had, and if there was a feeling of love there, I think we accurately portrayed that it was suppressed."

The 37-year-old actor found this story of Hoover so compelling because "the character made me have a million more questions."

"I just wanted to know everything there was to Hoover," he said. "He'd always been shrouded in so much mystery, from his personal life to his politics to his tactics to his highly controversial means of manipulating people politically. I wanted to know more about him, and this script for the first time answered a lot of questions I had about him and shaped a fundamentally interesting character."

DiCaprio delved into his research about the nation's top special agent. He visited Hoover's hometown and toured the house where he died, taking notes about the car he drove and the route he took to work. He visited Hoover's office, talked with FBI officials and spent time with retired agent Deke DeLoach, who worked with Hoover personally. He scoured old photographs and YouTube videos for insight into the always guarded G-Man.

Eastwood called DiCaprio "a total professional."

"He comes prepared," he said. "From the start, I could see he'd done all of his homework, thought a lot about what he had to do, and was interested in my take on things. I was really impressed by his focus, and I think it translated into the character."

Playing Hoover through so many decades over the quick month-and-a-half-long shoot was "very difficult to do," the actor said. "The last two weeks were the heavy makeup stuff ... and trying to retain the same character from the earlier film, and add 50 years of experience to him, and the prosthetics slowing your movements down and still having that cadence, it was very stressful."

DiCaprio has played American figures before, including charming con-man Frank Abagnale, Jr. in "Catch Me if You Can" and reclusive eccentric Howard Hughes in "The Aviator," but Hoover, he said, "was a real grab-bag of eccentricities."

"There was so much stuff to work with, but more than anything, I just liked the idea of this element of a man that didn't have any kind of personal life," DiCaprio said. "He got to enjoy himself, go to the track, go on vacations, but his whole life was about infiltrating other people's secrets but repressing his own and attacking anyone who ever tried to reveal anything about his own life. It's a pretty stressful existence."

DiCaprio's own existence is a bit stressful at the moment, too. He's filming "The Great Gatsby" in Australia with Baz Luhrmann and flew to Los Angeles and New York for a few days to promote "J. Edgar" before heading back down under.

"I don't even know what time zone I'm in," he said.

He's enjoying the work on "Gatsby," his first experience with a 3-D film. Luhrmann is using the medium to replicate the experience of watching live theater, DiCaprio said. (Actually, DiCaprio's first experience with 3-D was 1997's "Titanic." He just didn't know it at the time. James Cameron's 3-D conversion is due out in April).

DiCaprio also continues to enjoy his environmental work, a cause he's been committed to for more than a decade. He wrote and produced the 2007 environmental documentary "The 11th Hour" and is working with the World Wildlife Federation's Save Tigers Now campaign. He uses his website and Twitter page to promote ecological efforts and plans to do more, including turning his site into a sort of a virtual soapbox.

"It's a much different era than this movie, that's for sure," he said. "There are no more secrets anymore."

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111110/ap...rce=twitterfeed