Thumbnail

minus1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vogue.com
Beanies Not Berets: How 10 of New York’s Coolest Models Do Winter Accessories

01-hats-and-scarves-hana-jirickova.thumb

Do you remember a beloved winter accessory you lost?
I actually lost my beloved beanie hat at the cinema. I had also put my sunglasses and gloves in the hat. The next day I went to the lost and found, and I actually got my glasses and gloves back, but no beanie hat. Guess we were dealing with a fashionista thief!

What is the most ubiquitous winter accessory among stylish women in New York City?
I would say beanie hat and big ear muffs. I see that a lot on the street.

How cold does it have to be to forgo all style and simply dress up like a human sleeping bag?
It can never be cold enough. I’ve been in minus-18 Fahrenheit weather and I still looked half decent. The secret is thermal undies and leggings!

What’s your wintertime layering style? Do you simply layer with all your favorites? Go for full-on parka? Or are you more Doctor Zhivago, with a plush fur and shearling?
Wearing men’s clothes is one of my fetishes. I love it. My favorite item that I would “borrow” on a regular basis was this Afghan karakul gray hat my grandfather brought back from his time working in Siberia. I always loved wearing it even though it was a couple of sizes too big. But it was so exotic and magical to me.