Bellazon

Martha Streck
Thumbnail

Layla90

• 2 weeks later...

a nice interview with Martha posted by a la Balenciaga at tfs:

post-5680-0-1446102116-22586_thumb.jpg

Martha Streck is the flame-haired Brazilian girl who burst on the modeling scene when she stalked Gucci's fall catwalk. Then came Dior's resort '09 collection. She's currently working the runways back home in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Chatty and quick-witted, she says she only decided to work in fashion for the stamps in her passport. Want more nuggets? Keep reading...

What got you started in modeling?

I was really craving to travel, but my father wouldn't let me because I had just started law school, after studying theater. I wanted a job that would take me all over the world, so I began modeling. Problem solved.

Do you like it?

There’s a lot of girls trying to be models in my city, but I never liked the idea. Now I'm used to it, but it's not exactly what I planned for my life. I still want to finish law school.

And have you been traveling?

Yes! My first trip was to Milan in May of 2007, then London, Istanbul and Berlin. I don't have a particular destination I want to visit. I could be taken anywhere in the world and it's okay for me.

Do you bring the contents of your house with you?

Yes, I'm such a snail. I bring everything with me all the time. As a model, I don't know exactly where I’m going and how long I’m staying, so I need to be prepared for warm and cold weather. It's heavy, but useful.

Can you sleep on the plane?

I can sleep anywhere. Right after take-off, I completely knock out. I’m the person who needs to be woken up after everybody else has gotten off. And I always ask for five more minutes.

—André do Val

hintmag

she's so cool and brainy :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...

pics posted by aquatine at tfs:

Please avoid hotlinking. Hotlinking causes bandwidth to be taken away from the linked site, which then increases their server bill. You may upload images from a host site such as imageshack, imagevenue, photobucket, tinypic...instead. ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

Pictures over 600 pixtels in width must be thumbnailed or textlinked. ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

pics posted at tfs by fashion_in_love from Ellus s/s 2009 fashion show backstage:

Please avoid placing pictures side by side as to exceed a combined width of 600 pixtels ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

post-5680-0-1446102117-07398_thumb.jpg

post-5680-0-1446102117-08297_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks dizzy eyed!!

Aww, I wish Martha gets more recognition soon :(

Fashion weeks are like 2 or 3 weeks, I think, and hope, Martha will walk for many designers in NY, and also for Gucci and Dsquared in Milan and Dior and Chanel in Paris again....

• 4 weeks later...