Bellazon

Svetlana Lazareva
Thumbnail

goGiedre

Sorry for grammar/style/spelling mistakes. Some parts are shortened and made simpler

Translated by Nemezide

Svetlana

Flower: Orchid

Book: All of E. Hemingway and J. D. Sellinger

Movie: “City of Angels”

Actress: Nicole Kidman

Music: Electronic

Pleasure: To rent a bicycle and drive on Paris’s streets

Color: White

Wardrobe: 20 years old things from flea market

Fragrance: Christian Dior Poison

It is said that in Visaginas (my comment: the town where Svetlana was born) there are the most beautiful Lithuanian girlsbecause they are from mixed families…

Maybe … (laughing) . Especially earlier there were talks like that but now when all borders are opened Visaginas is not that centre where different culture’s people are gathering anymore. My daddy is Russian, earlier he lived in Belarusian , mother is Lithuanian.. Model’s career I started when I was 12 when I attended drama’s circle where we were learnt and walking on a catwalk. If honestly I never felt special beauty or talented actress but my parents stimulated me to become model very much. I countered a lot because I didn’t believe that I will succeed and I will enjoy it and I didn’t believe that I will get much money for appearing on a catwalk or on a cover. When in Visaginas during try-out “Baltic Models” they chose me, 14 years old, and suggested to participate in upcoming try-outs I was very surprised, so I was 1 of 6 lithuanians who went to Talinas. There agents from Japan noticed me but I avoided them because I was very scared to go so far. But colleague Ugnė Andrikonytė encouraged me , she said Svetlana, don’t be afraid it is very good in Japan for models. I won vice miss title and the same summer I flied to Spain. The worst thing was that I didn’t speak English at all. Today I can’t believe that my mother was so brave – if I had a daughter who was 14, her alone to fly to Spain through Amsterdam - I really wouldn’t allow. I remember I was completely lost in airport until other people took my hand and led to a plane like a kid. Then I understood that there are good people in the world. I don’t agree with those people who say that the world is very bad.

How was your first day in Barselona?

Unpredictable, fussy. When in agency I was shown a magazine and was told that tomorrow I will have to shoot for it I was like “what? So soon?”. Test lasted a month. And I didn’t want any longer because a school waited for me and I always preferred it to modeling. That’s why real career started just a 3 years ago. Just then I understood that fashion photoshoot is not just a demonstration of a pretty face or a perfect body. First of all it is a psychology – in case that designers and photographers would invite you other time you should be attractive not just from outside but you must be communicative. There are millions beautiful girls in the world but those ones whom Steven Meisel would like to see there are just few. One time photographer Michael Thom told me “You know Svetlana, the body like yours have thousands girls but a character reflecting from your eyes is just yours.”

Did you have moments when you wanted just to dump everything and come back to mom?

Many! Well I hadn’t a depression because I like this job but I always had a homesick. When you have to be 3 months in Japan and start to feel that you forgetting Lithuanian language, believe me it is scary.

What kind of people have the biggest influence on models’ career?

Usually they are from fashion world. I think the most important are photographers, editors of fashion magazines, designers, stylist, sometimes even assistants. When so many people are around you it is hard to tell. In models’ world there is the only key to success – manage to make others to like you. If others feel good with you – you can succeed even if you are not stunning beauty. For example I met with Michael Thom though make up – artist, he said “try her, she is a nice and interesting kid”. But there are such stylish and make up artist who treat with you like with a furniture. The I say “please be careful because it is my head not a thing”. Or Gianfranco Ferre: hower it is said just good or nothing about those who passed away but it is hard to forget his hysteric treatment and gloves’ fling. It is a big pleasure to communicate with designers from Blumarine, John Richmond, Roco Barocco. They make a magnificent shows too. But the best show I was invited was Fendi show by The Greatest Wall of China. It was so exciting, which like K. Lagerfend said he had been waiting 2 years. Then I thought: Did people who built The greatest Wall of China could imagine that after many years here are going to walk models with luxury high-heels.”

(To be continue)

Sorry for grammar/style/spelling mistakes. Some parts are shortened and made simpler

Translated by Nemezide

Svetlana

Flower: Orchid

Book: All of E. Hemingway and J. D. Sellinger

Movie: “City of Angels”

Actress: Nicole Kidman

Music: Electronic

Pleasure: To rent a bicycle and drive on Paris’s streets

Color: White

Wardrobe: 20 years old things from flea market

Fragrance: Christian Dior Poison

It is said that in Visaginas (my comment: the town where Svetlana was born) there are the most beautiful Lithuanian girlsbecause they are from mixed families…

Maybe … (laughing) . Especially earlier there were talks like that but now when all borders are opened Visaginas is not that centre where different culture’s people are gathering anymore. My daddy is Russian, earlier he lived in Belarusian , mother is Lithuanian.. Model’s career I started when I was 12 when I attended drama’s circle where we were learnt and walking on a catwalk. If honestly I never felt special beauty or talented actress but my parents stimulated me to become model very much. I countered a lot because I didn’t believe that I will succeed and I will enjoy it and I didn’t believe that I will get much money for appearing on a catwalk or on a cover. When in Visaginas during try-out “Baltic Models” they chose me, 14 years old, and suggested to participate in upcoming try-outs I was very surprised, so I was 1 of 6 lithuanians who went to Talinas. There agents from Japan noticed me but I avoided them because I was very scared to go so far. But colleague Ugnė Andrikonytė encouraged me , she said Svetlana, don’t be afraid it is very good in Japan for models. I won vice miss title and the same summer I flied to Spain. The worst thing was that I didn’t speak English at all. Today I can’t believe that my mother was so brave – if I had a daughter who was 14, her alone to fly to Spain through Amsterdam - I really wouldn’t allow. I remember I was completely lost in airport until other people took my hand and led to a plane like a kid. Then I understood that there are good people in the world. I don’t agree with those people who say that the world is very bad.

How was your first day in Barselona?

Unpredictable, fussy. When in agency I was shown a magazine and was told that tomorrow I will have to shoot for it I was like “what? So soon?”. Test lasted a month. And I didn’t want any longer because a school waited for me and I always preferred it to modeling. That’s why real career started just a 3 years ago. Just then I understood that fashion photoshoot is not just a demonstration of a pretty face or a perfect body. First of all it is a psychology – in case that designers and photographers would invite you other time you should be attractive not just from outside but you must be communicative. There are millions beautiful girls in the world but those ones whom Steven Meisel would like to see there are just few. One time photographer Michael Thom told me “You know Svetlana, the body like yours have thousands girls but a character reflecting from your eyes is just yours.”

Did you have moments when you wanted just to dump everything and come back to mom?

Many! Well I hadn’t a depression because I like this job but I always had a homesick. When you have to be 3 months in Japan and start to feel that you forgetting Lithuanian language, believe me it is scary.

What kind of people have the biggest influence on models’ career?

Usually they are from fashion world. I think the most important are photographers, editors of fashion magazines, designers, stylist, sometimes even assistants. When so many people are around you it is hard to tell. In models’ world there is the only key to success – manage to make others to like you. If others feel good with you – you can succeed even if you are not stunning beauty. For example I met with Michael Thom though make up – artist, he said “try her, she is a nice and interesting kid”. But there are such stylish and make up artist who treat with you like with a furniture. The I say “please be careful because it is my head not a thing”. Or Gianfranco Ferre: hower it is said just good or nothing about those who passed away but it is hard to forget his hysteric treatment and gloves’ fling. It is a big pleasure to communicate with designers from Blumarine, John Richmond, Roco Barocco. They make a magnificent shows too. But the best show I was invited was Fendi show by The Greatest Wall of China. It was so exciting, which like K. Lagerfend said he had been waiting 2 years. Then I thought: Did people who built The greatest Wall of China could imagine that after many years here are going to walk models with luxury high-heels.”

(To be continue)

i still didnt finish to translate it, lets say that i will finish when she brings some job

• 2 months later...