Bellazon

Barbara Meier
Thumbnail

Ronin

Stop it ;-) You make me getting red faced *G* And perhaps in a few days i have another suprise for you!

Can anyone tell me, what a "lookbook" is? Never heard this term before.

Well, you are wonderful! And we are waiting for the surprise with bated breath! (I at least).

And I have also no idea what a look book is??? A catalogue? But then why not call it that?

here's a definition found by google:

Clothing Line Look Books are not the same as line sheets because they don’t have specifications usually and prices or sizes aren’t included. Most look books include photos of an upcoming line usually on models and are coordinated with other pieces of the line. Photo shoot pictures are sometimes used in look books. They don’t have to be very expensive you can easily create one by having professional photos taken of your line or take them yourself and organize them into a portfolio so to speak of your upcoming spring/fall line. A binder or folder os some kind would do just fine. Here is an example of an online look book by SNAC clothing or have a look at The Hundreds look book here. Even with some companies taking advantage of using look books I wouldn’t say it is a must have when starting a clothing line.

from: http://www.dobizo.com/daily-definition/dai...tion-look-book/

i say it's more about presenting the clothes than focusing on the model.

by the way, many thanks for the great new pics!

This freaks me out:

She has so much success in Italy..but she still doesn't have a portfolio under IMG/Milano. The beautiful Editorials she had and will have in Italy won't be presented in her Paris Portfolio. The past shows it. It would be easier for her and for her clients.

That damned Prosieben contract...

here's a definition found by google:

Clothing Line Look Books are not the same as line sheets because they don’t have specifications usually and prices or sizes aren’t included. Most look books include photos of an upcoming line usually on models and are coordinated with other pieces of the line. Photo shoot pictures are sometimes used in look books. They don’t have to be very expensive you can easily create one by having professional photos taken of your line or take them yourself and organize them into a portfolio so to speak of your upcoming spring/fall line. A binder or folder os some kind would do just fine. Here is an example of an online look book by SNAC clothing or have a look at The Hundreds look book here. Even with some companies taking advantage of using look books I wouldn’t say it is a must have when starting a clothing line.

from: http://www.dobizo.com/daily-definition/dai...tion-look-book/

i say it's more about presenting the clothes than focusing on the model.

Thanks a lot for your information. Even though the focus is not on the model (they want to sell something in all type of catalogues and not promote the model after all) it is really great that they have chosen Barbara as model. And if she has clients like that perhaps she gets to walk the catwalk for them someday too. She is really getting a foot into the italian fashion industry and that is great!

WHHHHHHOHOOOW! These new pictures from Style international are really gorgeous. She reminds me of a wild indepent gitana/gypsie - child or a half-tamed cat ...proudly wearing some accessiories of civilisation. Love the expression in her eyes...

I must confess that I always will prefer this style to that "nice girl nextdoor"-Style she had for Wrigleys....

THx a lot chesterty :ddr: :nicole: :hell yea!: !!!!

I'm also very pleased that Barbara seem to be sucessfull in Italy. Perhaps we are not the only ones who can see the analogy to Botticellis Venus. And most Italians even of today adore that aristocratic teint and the beautiful long hair Barabara is having...great for her! And I'm sure it's only a small obstacle, that she is not listed in Milano. Peyman seem to like her a lot and i'm sure that IMG will help her in all possible ways...

And perhaps in a few days i have another suprise for you!

Thank you so much, Chesterty! :clap: I haven´t dared to entry again to this thread because only had bad news and couldn´t get magazine. Normally I love to live in a rural area but this time it was horrible. You are really the best, Chesterty :)

And I have got a new favorite Barbara editorial: this one! Just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :wub:

Thanks so much Chesterty for getting this italian magazine for us. :hug:

I do like the pictres also, as Plain Jane said: They are quiet classy. I like the one with the wet hair, it's really different from the other pictures of Barbara. And it is very catchy cos of the strong contrast between the really carefully and proper painted lipstick and that tousled hair.

I found a small german article talking very positivley about Barbara beeing this years ambassador for math: http://debatte.welt.de/kolumnen/85/fuenf+m...+lieben?req=RSS

Thank you all! :hug:

Barbara is great! Is it just me or are the style international pics the pictures from that very old behind the scenes photoshoot where she looked like an ice witch? Anyway - new pics and new expressions, too! Great!

And damn Pro7 and IMG. (N) IMG should really push her more and Pro7 should just let go of their red little money maker haha

@Chesterty

This is really a great surprise! thx a lot! I also like the second best.

Does anybody know something about the art-installation?

News of Barbara :)

11.7-13.7.08 Fashionshow-Scalaria Air Challenge Wolfgangsee/Austria

www.barbarameier.com

Wow, how did you manage to get the Natural Style? :hell yea!: Thank you sooo much! :) I also love the second picture with the wet hair. It´s the first time that they emphasize the nice mole that Barbara has on her right cheek. Good idea - and very lovely :wub:

Ok, now my suprise! I got the Natural Style! But I´m a little bit sad, there are only 6 pages and only 3 pics from Barbara. And here they are:

post-17567-1214824636_thumb.jpg

Barbara is great! Is it just me or are the style international pics the pictures from that very old behind the scenes photoshoot where she looked like an ice witch? Anyway - new pics and new expressions, too! Great!

And damn Pro7 and IMG. (N) IMG should really push her more and Pro7 should just let go of their red little money maker haha

Well and for the rest, I don't know: Style, Madonna, OK, and many more are Face Your Brand /Pro7.

And she is for the second (long) time in Milan this year and that is thanks to IMG.